Christian Metal bands that don't suck?

Original post

Posted by chronic-headache, 20.12.2012 - 04:30
Preferably no metalcore (demon hunter, AILD, etc... are out)
I know of theocracy, but the vocals are almost too cheesy for me (and I'm a huge power metal fan). Mortification is another one I'm aware of, but they don't really do it for me. Somthing a little more extreme than theocracy would be good though.
29.02.2020 - 13:26
Metal Rambo
There's surprisingly many good bands out there, extreme or not. Here's few that come to my mind:
-The first two records of thrash metal band Deliverance are awesome.
- Ever heard of Whitecross? It's basically Ratt with Christian lyrics like they did in that one South Park episode. If you get past the terrible shitty lyrics, it's awesome copycat glam metal with sick shredding. Rex Carroll is one crazy guitar virtuoso.
- Sacred Warrior I personally really like, especially their late 80's and early 90's records. They're more prog metal like Queensrÿche, if I remember correctly. With this type of bands the lyrics tend to be less annoying and easier to swallow.
- Narnia. It's neoclassical power metal. I love it.
- Ever heard Against The Law by Stryper? My favorite album of theirs.
- Saint, especially their 80's albums like Too Late for Living. This is your basic awesome 80's heavy metal with lyrics about hell, sin and damnation, not that basic sugary choir boy stuff. Christian metal doesn't get much more accessible than this. I didn't even know they were anything like that until I read somewhere much later.
- Then there's bands like Tourniquet, Believer, Vengeance...
----
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.
31.03.2020 - 14:10
wesepein
Written by Metal Rambo on 29.02.2020 at 13:26

There's surprisingly many good bands out there, extreme or not. Here's few that come to my mind:
-The first two records of thrash metal band Deliverance are awesome.
- Ever heard of Whitecross? It's basically Ratt with Christian lyrics like they did in that one South Park episode. If you get past the terrible shitty lyrics, it's awesome copycat glam metal with sick shredding. Rex Carroll is one crazy guitar virtuoso.
- Sacred Warrior I personally really like, especially their late 80's and early 90's records. They're more prog metal like Queensrÿche, if I remember correctly. With this type of bands the lyrics tend to be less annoying and easier to swallow.
- Narnia. It's neoclassical power metal. I love it.
- Ever heard Against The Law by Stryper? My favorite album of theirs.
- Saint, especially their 80's albums like Too Late for Living. This is your basic awesome 80's heavy metal with lyrics about hell, sin and damnation, not that basic sugary choir boy stuff. Christian metal doesn't get much more accessible than this. I didn't even know they were anything like that until I read somewhere much later.
- Then there's bands like Tourniquet, Believer, Vengeance...

Pretty cool.
06.04.2020 - 11:15
No one
Zao - Where Blood And Fire Bring Rest
----
Unable to connect to the database
27.04.2020 - 06:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Been a while since I've listened to Zao but based on some old memories, I would second that response.
----
I have no memory of this place.