‹‹ Back to the General metal forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 142  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by chronic-headache on 20.12.2012 at 04:30
Preferably no metalcore (demon hunter, AILD, etc... are out)
I know of theocracy, but the vocals are almost too cheesy for me (and I'm a huge power metal fan). Mortification is another one I'm aware of, but they don't really do it for me. Somthing a little more extreme than theocracy would be good though.

Page 2 of 2

squidrick420

23.01.2013 at 04:21
The showdown. They are southern metal from Tennessee, pretty kickass if your into it. Also, none of their albums sound the same (some are closer to death, others are a unique style of southern metal). Also, the members are christian but they don't try and get all preachy with their music, in fact there are only vague references to christianity.
Seita
Account deleted
  02.02.2013 at 05:45
Saviour Machine, Antestor, Extol and Virgin Black are the only Christian metal artists I've heard that I felt had something genuine to offer musically and thematically and such. I am not a Christian thus I do not connect with a Christian message although I feel the aforementioned have more of a universal, mature appeal. A band like Theocracy, for example, is so over-the-top and in-your-face about their beliefs that it comes across as immature, preachy and obnoxious - I really can't handle that stuff and personally do not understand the appeal.
feather_light

03.02.2013 at 23:13
You need to check out Sinbreed , german power metal. A tad more aggressive than Theocracy, though just as good. Maybe less over-the-top.

Also, like another one said, whatever project(s) the guy from Divinefire / Narnia is in would do it for me.
----
ShadowOfDeth215

20.02.2013 at 00:50
Syringe, Prog. Death Metal, not in your face preachy. Best of all it's 100% free download from syringeministry.bandcamp.com
reload3591

05.04.2013 at 21:53
Disciple - Some thrashy Tennesee groove-metal. I really only like the Back Again album...they went toward mainstream rock later on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVLbi2LIT-E
renai

06.04.2013 at 03:04
Golden Resurrection
Theocracy, still I like As THe World Bleeding very much
For ALl Eternity - from Australia, metalcore
Tourniquet - this is unique band that like to invite many guest (Marty Friedman etc.), check their Moth and Rust album
Divine FIre
German Pascual solo album A New Beginning.
Rob ROck and his fellow Impellitteri
Narnia - prog metal

that's all I can think right now
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.