Metal Storm logo
Amberian Dawn - Announce New Vocalist

The wait is over. Finnish melodic metallers Amberian Dawn have finally revealed their new vocalist. For those of you who have been keeping tabs, it's been slightly over a month since the band parted ways with their original vocalist Heidi; and for those of you who didn't know of the recent turn of events, pay closer attention next time.

Capri, a classically trained Finnish professional vocalist, will take over vocal duties hence forth. The band posted the following statement: "Hey all. As announced recently we have spent quite some time with the search for a new singer. A pretty hard task, but we think we managed to find an extraordinarily talented singer.

We are very proud to present you Capri! She is from Finland and a professional vocalist with a strong background. She has worked for a vast amount of different kinds of studio- and live-projects (musicals, lead and backing vocal recordings, live shows etc). Capri has a classical training but is still 100 percent a rock singer. We are sure she will bring AD to a new level by interpreting AD songs with a different kind of style and emotion."

Band songwriter Tuomas Seppälä adds: "Founding Capri and getting her join AD is like a big dream coming true to me. Capri shares the same taste in music as I and that's why is obvious that our new partnership is like 'match made in heaven'. She really makes my compositions to shine like never before and I'm so impressed about her every way. I'm as excited as back then, when I found our original singer Heidi. Now my main focus is to make the whole world to hear about Capri and start composing new songs for her. But first, we're all concentrating on recording this compilation album with Capri and then I'll start working with new material for new studio album."

Amberian Dawn is planning on hitting studio to re-record a selection of their best songs with the new vocalist. Mikko P. Mustonen, who did orchestral arrangements on the band's previous album Circus Black will add some more colour to the songs. He's also going to mix the album. Release dates, track listing and cover art are to be announced later. In the meantime, check out a video teaser of Capri singing some of the band's songs.

Source: amberiandawn.com
Band profile: Amberian Dawn
Posted: 21.12.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 114 users
21.12.2012 - 15:12
mariano

I don't like her voice that much... although this is not as bad as it was when Nightwish replaced Tarja with Anette Olzon.
21.12.2012 - 15:40
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
She is not bad, but inferior compared to Heidi. Anyway, I am confident that she will fit well in the band. Hoping for a new opus, Circus Black was a let-down.
21.12.2012 - 17:09
Opethian

Hottie
21.12.2012 - 17:25
Ag Fox
Angel No More
It's not like many care about this band in the first place =P
----
loves 小巫
21.12.2012 - 18:56
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Opethian on 21.12.2012 at 17:09

Hottie

Boo! i don't think so.

You haven't seen my gf yet then.
21.12.2012 - 19:48
Susan
Smeghead
What's wrong with the photo? It is either THAT airbrushed, or she doesn't exist and is actually a cartoon. Seriously, she looks about a realistic as a chick from a video game

Fictional or not, her voice is 1000% better and more interesting than the breathy and bland choir girl they had before. Maybe I'll actually start following this group!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
21.12.2012 - 21:49
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Not bad! But I really hope they won't make anything like Circus Black again, they were doing great with the whole Finnish mythology thing they should stick to it. Looking forward to their new stuff!
24.12.2012 - 03:05
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I can't say much about the new vocal work atop old songs, as her voice seems a bit too different for them, and these didn't win me over. I'm confident she could do well as a vocalist, but hopefully the music will adapt to her style in the future
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley

Hits total: 2954 | This month: 3