Band: Skeletonwitch
Album: Worship The Witch
Style: Blackened thrash metal
Release date: August 2006

01. Beyond The Permafrost
02. Fire From The Sky
03. Feast Upon Flesh
04. Forever In The Abyss

Skeletonwitch is a band that comes from USA and plays a really nice mix of Thrash, Black and even Heavy Metal. Their old school music is really catchy and perfect for headbanging. After a first album, "At Ones With The Shadows", released in 2004 the band is back with a new EP, "Worship The Witch". If you like Thrash, Black and Heavy Metal? it will be for you?

The EP is not really long? Only four songs for only 11 minutes of music, but it's already enough to "understand" the music of Skeletonwitch. The band plays a good old Thrash Metal, with frenetic guitars riffs and fast rhythms, with in addition Black Metal vocals. However, I cannot compare it to a band like Aura Noir, because without any doubt, Skeletonwitch is more into old school Thrash in my opinion with some touches of Black Metal. Plus, a lot of the melodies sound like some Heavy Metal songs especially on "Feast Upon Flesh". But hey, this
melting pot of different music is really cool and since that the songs (without being exceptional too) are good.

For a self-production, I must congratulate the band which found the way top have a really good recording session which give a really nice sound and asked to the great John Baizley to draw the great and professional cover of the EP. That's simple, for a self-production "Worship The Witch" looks (and sounds) like a real good production. This is always the mark of the bands that will do something good in the future?

"Worship The Witch" is a cool EP. Without giving anything new though, the band found the way to write some nice and catchy songs. The fact that the music of the band is a real mix of a lot of Metal styles is really cool, and yes I think that Skeletonwitch could do something in the future. At least, "Worship The Witch" is a promising release?

Rating breakdown
Performance: 7
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 7
Production: 8

Written by Jeff | 27.11.2006

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 46 users
02.12.2006 - 15:57
Sanctimonius
Account deleted
where can I listen to something of this band? they any of their musics on-line?
04.12.2006 - 23:04
epidemic

fuck yeah sekelton witch!! dude go to their myspace you can her some songs of theirs http://www.myspace.com/skeletonwitch

Hits total: 5639 | This month: 7