Metal Storm logo
Kataklysm - Working On New Album

Canadian death metallers Kataklysm have finally revealed something about their new album. The band confirms that the mix and mastering will be done in 2013 by a new producer to be announced next week. Guitarist Jean-Francois Dagenais will engineer it and promises a more complex death metal album this time after Heaven's Venom.

The band released the following message: "Good news!... Kataklysm have secured the new producer who will handle the mix and master of the band's new album in 2013, the band chose a different person this time which should help elevate the bands sound to the next level, his name will be revealed next week! The new album just like the band's previous recordings will be engineered by guitarist Jean-Francois Dagenais at JFD Studios in Montreal (Canada) & Texas ( USA)."

According to guitarist J-F Dagenais, "expect a different, more complex death metal anthem this time around, high velocity, extreme but melodic while maintaining the band's signature trademark crushing grooves, we are refreshed from the time off and are working very hard on this album, we don't follow trends, we are inspired to create our own."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kataklysm
Posted: 30.12.2012 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 80 users
30.12.2012 - 14:07
AndMetalForAll
kual21
I expect something better than the previous album.. Although not very hopeful that something good will come out of this.
----
greets,
kual21
30.12.2012 - 16:15
exomorphyx89

Great band but I prefer their early releases.
----
"Bang you head against the stage and metal takes its place..."
30.12.2012 - 18:04
UnknownCheese

Sorcery or bust.
30.12.2012 - 18:10
thundercunt
Account deleted
Brotha have you even heard what these cats been playin recently
aint nowhere near sorcery, and they cats probly have no intrest in that sound no mo
gon be anotha weak uninspired album jus ta pay da bills
30.12.2012 - 18:41
UnknownCheese

I know. They're happy making death metal for 15 year olds. They haven't done anything worth listening to since Temple of Knowledge.
30.12.2012 - 18:54
thundercunt
Account deleted
Too true
tho if you look at cryptopsy even them cats tryin to turn back da clock
so it aint impossible to get anotha temple or sorcery
jus unlikely is all
31.12.2012 - 02:48
theFIST

Well, they couldn"t do a less complex album....
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
26.04.2013 - 05:55
Opethian

Written by UnknownCheese on 30.12.2012 at 18:41

I know. They're happy making death metal for 15 year olds. They haven't done anything worth listening to since Temple of Knowledge.

Personally i started to loose interest when they released 'In The Arms of Devastation', prior to that i enjoy everything that they have released

Hits total: 2920 | This month: 3