Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2013

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 31.12.2012 - 18:09
You know the drill. Here's some rather fine sounding Cthulhu driven death metal that's not due for release until 2013, with extraordinarily beautiful cover artwork (check out the detail in the full image):

(Full image here)
22.02.2013 - 23:01
IronAngel

Nobody mentioned the new Flight of Sleipnir album yet! Saga. It's pretty awesome, very much continuing the same style as Essence of Nine.
23.02.2013 - 04:58
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by IronAngel on 22.02.2013 at 23:01

Nobody mentioned the new Flight of Sleipnir album yet! Saga. It's pretty awesome, very much continuing the same style as Essence of Nine.

This one is very good. Bit of folk, bit of doom, bit of stoner, bit of black. Lots of bits! Took a few listens to get going but doesn't require much effort for me to listen to now.

Edit: It's also on bandcamp
23.02.2013 - 06:26
Edmund Fogg
Fister are back this year wuth their crusty Blackened Doom Sludge. Pretty epic

Fister - Gemini

Bandcamp
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
23.02.2013 - 21:58
The Turbanator
New upcoming Rotting Christ album available for streaming here : Link 2 and Link 1
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
23.02.2013 - 22:01
The Turbanator
Written by Abattoir on 22.02.2013 at 15:22

New song from UK (primary) atmopsheric black one-man band --> When Woods Make Graves - "To Feast On The Dead With Nothing But Crows For My Company". It comes from his new upcoming release - Solitude, if I'm not mistaken.

Bandcamp

FUCK YES. This man is my favourite black metal artist for now.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
24.02.2013 - 03:34
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Seem like he fixed the annoying clicky drums that were on older releases. Like that track.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.02.2013 - 04:02
Edmund Fogg
Hehe! Really glad When Woods Make Grave is starting to get the momentum he deserves. He is quite the artist. Speaking of Black Metal... Guess what album is getting the re-released treatment?

The Eye - Supremacy

Bandcamp
----
24.02.2013 - 10:48
The Turbanator
Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.02.2013 at 03:34

Seem like he fixed the annoying clicky drums that were on older releases. Like that track.

Whattttt??? I love that milk-crate drumming.
----
24.02.2013 - 10:55
The Turbanator
Written by Abattoir on 22.02.2013 at 15:22

New song from UK (primary) atmopsheric black one-man band --> When Woods Make Graves - "To Feast On The Dead With Nothing But Crows For My Company". It comes from his new upcoming release - Solitude, if I'm not mistaken.

Bandcamp

Link's not working man.
----
24.02.2013 - 11:00
The Turbanator
Written by Edmund Fogg on 23.02.2013 at 06:26

Fister - Gemini
Bandcamp

This link too not working. either that or Bandcamp decided to be a bitch on a Sunday.
----
24.02.2013 - 11:27
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Elite
Written by The Turbanator on 24.02.2013 at 11:00

Written by Edmund Fogg on 23.02.2013 at 06:26

Fister - Gemini
Bandcamp

This link too not working. either that or Bandcamp decided to be a bitch on a Sunday.

Bandcamp's having issues, this came up on Fister's one: "Streaming and downloads are up and down tonight, due to a problem at our hosting provider. Your purchase receipt will contain a download link you can use to retry if needed."
24.02.2013 - 11:32
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Bandcamp decided to be a bitch on a Sunday

Quote:
"Streaming and downloads are up and down tonight, due to a problem at our hosting provider. Your purchase receipt will contain a download link you can use to retry if needed. Current status."
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

25.02.2013 - 01:07
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 16.02.2013 at 15:07

I like Penis.

Psych Doom from Brighton, check it.

http://marchthedesert.bandcamp.com/album/march-the-desert

----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
25.02.2013 - 01:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 25.02.2013 at 01:07

Psych Doom from Brighton, check it.

http://marchthedesert.bandcamp.com/album/march-the-desert

I know two of the members, one of them used to be in a few of my classes at university. They're good fun live too.
25.02.2013 - 01:21
SuicidalCyco
Account deleted
Suicidal Tendencies' 13, Carcass' new one and Slayer's. Looking foward to those for sure.
25.02.2013 - 03:43
Edmund Fogg
The Inexistenz album talked earlier is now out and it's a soul crusher, a destroyer of dreams [other synonims of Deppressive Black succes]

Inexistenz - Erfundene Welten

Order here
----
25.02.2013 - 03:47
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Some nice folk infused atmospheric black metal.

Bandcamp
25.02.2013 - 05:15
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Edmund Fogg on 25.02.2013 at 03:43

Cool album cover

Looks a little Agallochian. Must be the same artist who did their last release.
25.02.2013 - 09:22
The Turbanator
Written by Edmund Fogg on 25.02.2013 at 03:43

The Inexistenz album talked earlier is now out and it's a soul crusher, a destroyer of dreams [other synonims of Deppressive Black succes]

Inexistenz - Erfundene Welten
Order here

Yes! Brilliant.
----
26.02.2013 - 03:30
Edmund Fogg
@Jay: Yeah it was brought up earlier too, unfortunately I can't find any info ion the artist behind the cover.
@Turb: Yeppe! Old school DBM in all it's glory.

Speaking of Old School, how about a bit of Old School Thrash Metal

Rusted Brain - High Voltage Thrash

Only down point is every time I hear him say: "Be quick or be dead", the Maiden track starts spinning in my head,
----
26.02.2013 - 16:56
Abattoir
Staff
Redwood Hill - Descender

More than decent post-black debut album.
27.02.2013 - 00:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Quickly becoming one of my favourite releases this year. Advertised as instrumental experimental metal, which seems appropriate (though clearly entrenched in black metal to me).

Love it. Though the opening riff from the first track is so blatantly lifted from another black metal track it seems almost too obvious. I suspect it may be intentional.
27.02.2013 - 02:31
The Turbanator
October Fall's latest. Full album can be streamed at their bandcamp page.

Bandcamp
----
27.02.2013 - 02:51
The Turbanator
If you like Summoning, Oskoreien, Arathorn etc etc - you might like this one. Epic/Atmospheric Black Metal. It's their debut release. From Salt Lake City, Utah.

Bandcamp
----
27.02.2013 - 04:35
The Turbanator
So this guy decided to make a lot of songs and sells them for 50 cents (for the whole discography by the way) to help his friend to pay off her college loan. What a champion.

Bandcamp
----
27.02.2013 - 05:02
Edmund Fogg
New Manilla Road album. Yeah that's right, they ain't dead and they still bring you crushing Heavy/Trad Doom.
----
27.02.2013 - 12:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 27.02.2013 at 04:35

So this guy decided to make a lot of songs and sells them for 50 cents (for the whole discography by the way) to help his friend to pay off her college loan. What a champion.

Bandcamp

Some great songs here. And love that artwork.
27.02.2013 - 13:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Had your mind fucked today? Oh, you haven't? Here, have this then. Also worth noting that Igorrr plugged this on his Facebook the other day.

Watch the video. This could easily be the Igorrr of 2013.

New Moon album. Sounds fantastic so far. It's like Xasthur never ended.

27.02.2013 - 14:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Edmund Fogg on 27.02.2013 at 05:02

New Manilla Road album. Yeah that's right, they ain't dead and they still bring you crushing Heavy/Trad Doom.

Just a shame it's a pale imitation of what they used to be.
27.02.2013 - 14:58
Edmund Fogg
Personally, I think they still hold up to their name. And they really haven't put out any big dissapointment in 16 albums.
----