Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2013

Original post

Posted by , 31.12.2012 - 18:09
You know the drill. Here's some rather fine sounding Cthulhu driven death metal that's not due for release until 2013, with extraordinarily beautiful cover artwork (check out the detail in the full image):

(Full image here)
28.02.2013 - 13:54
Paz

Polish Ampacity releases debut album this year called Encounter One. Band defines its music as retro-futuristic rock with stoner and space vibes. So far available only opening track. Recommendation of guys from Blindead, so it must be good...

28.02.2013 - 16:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Now this is one of the more interesting death metal albums I've heard this year. The comparison that keeps popping up is Arghoslent, and I can see why. There's definitely a strong heavy metal influence in this (so expect it to be mid-paced for most of it), as well as some black-ish and doomy passages. Also makes me think of Xysma a little. Good stuff.
01.03.2013 - 00:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
01.03.2013 - 00:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 01.03.2013 at 00:49

http://usneadoom.bandcamp.com/album/usnea

Death/Doom shizznizz.

Think that's already been rec'd, but it's nice little number.
01.03.2013 - 04:06
Edmund Fogg

Written by Guest on 27.02.2013 at 13:42

Had your mind fucked today? Oh, you haven't? Here, have this then. Also worth noting that Igorrr plugged this on his Facebook the other day.

What The Fuck did I just watched? Probably the strangest thing ever. A real challenge for the ears and the eyes.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
01.03.2013 - 12:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Edmund Fogg on 01.03.2013 at 04:06

What The Fuck did I just watched? Probably the strangest thing ever. A real challenge for the ears and the eyes.

Indeed! I love it though, so many great cultural references that go back100 years.
01.03.2013 - 12:29
Paz

I love it too. Bizarre as fuck...
01.03.2013 - 12:52
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Paz on 28.02.2013 at 13:54

retro-futuristic rock with stoner and space vibes

I need to hear this..
01.03.2013 - 13:09
Paz

...and now for lovers of funeral doom, post-rock, symphonic stuff and shoegaze. S/T two track EP/demo by Of Solitude And Solemn.

01.03.2013 - 19:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Fantastic sounding, batshit crazy mathcore.
02.03.2013 - 18:10
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Guest on 27.02.2013 at 13:42

Had your mind fucked today? Oh, you haven't? Here, have this then. Also worth noting that Igorrr plugged this on his Facebook the other day.

Watch the video. This could easily be the Igorrr of 2013.

Hah, came to recommend this, best video ever! Their previous effort is really good, I'm also betting my best money on this record.
02.03.2013 - 22:24
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Paz on 01.03.2013 at 13:09

...and now for lovers of funeral doom, post-rock, symphonic stuff and shoegaze. S/T two track EP/demo by Of Solitude And Solemn.

man, this is officially awesome!!!
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

03.03.2013 - 09:17
The Turbanator

Buried Sleeper with their 2nd release in 2 years. Doom metal from UK.

Bandcamp
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
03.03.2013 - 14:26
Góral
Combo Breaker
Written by Paz on 01.03.2013 at 13:09

That's an really nice find, it's a good 24 minutes. This promises to be an interesting project. Dude
04.03.2013 - 00:10
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 01.03.2013 at 19:31

Fantastic sounding, batshit crazy mathcore.

Awwwww Yeaaaaah
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.03.2013 - 14:04
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New Agrypnie track. I know a lot of people dig this band.

04.03.2013 - 17:09
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 04.03.2013 at 14:04

New Agrypnie track. I know a lot of people dig this band.

Love these guys. Nocte Obducta releasing a new album soon too
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
04.03.2013 - 20:49
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Some cool post-hardcore with ambient elements. Nothing spectacular, but it's good.

Bandcamp
04.03.2013 - 21:22
The Turbanator

Black metal band "VUYVR" from Geneva, Switzerland. Their debut release.

Bandcamp

Also direct download of their album (posted by the label themselves) HERE
----
04.03.2013 - 21:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
^ Think Edmund Fogg beat you to that a while ago =P

Some noisy-ish atmos black. A tad generic for my tastes but a lot of you seem to like this kind of thing.

04.03.2013 - 22:50
The Turbanator

Written by Guest on 04.03.2013 at 21:44

^ Think Edmund Fogg beat you to that a while ago =P

Some noisy-ish atmos black. A tad generic for my tastes but a lot of you seem to like this kind of thing.

Ah damn. didn't realise that. This one is good. Is this the full release or will there be more tracks?
----
04.03.2013 - 22:54
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick

*Sun Worship

Listened to that a few days ago and found it rather boring. Nothing memorable about it at all...

The Eye's recent full length sounds a lot like older Blut Aus Nord with more ambient elements. A pretty enjoyable listen.

Bandcamp

Also, recently came across the band ██████ (yes... their name is a solid rectangle) and they manage to make some great sounding, raw, atmospheric black metal. This one is their first demo, and the band has loads of potential, so I'm excited for any upcoming releases they make.

Bandcamp
EDIT: I just noticed that ██████'s bandcamp link is "wedonthaveaname.bandcamp"
EDIT #2: Holy shit I just remembered who The Eye are, no wonder it sounds like early Blut Aus Nord
04.03.2013 - 23:05
The Turbanator

Written by Alex F on 04.03.2013 at 22:54

*Sun Worship

EDIT #2: Holy shit I just remembered who The Eye are, no wonder it sounds like early Blut Aus Nord

Hahahahaha The Eye IS Blut Aus Nord! Well, half of it but you get my point.
----
04.03.2013 - 23:07
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by The Turbanator on 04.03.2013 at 23:05

Yeah, completely forgot about that album. It's pretty cool that they're re-issuing it. Gave me a reason to listen to it again
04.03.2013 - 23:12
The Turbanator

Written by Alex F on 04.03.2013 at 23:07

Written by The Turbanator on 04.03.2013 at 23:05

Yeah, completely forgot about that album. It's pretty cool that they're re-issuing it. Gave me a reason to listen to it again

Yup it's a good re-release, no doubt. Checking out that blank box band you posted. Looks like my cup of tea. Thanks for this!
----
05.03.2013 - 00:09
Edmund Fogg

Why everybody takes creds for my reccomendation! Fogg Madd! Nah, seriously the more people talk about them, the more they get played and that's the important thing.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
05.03.2013 - 00:34
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
http://pestproductions.bandcamp.com/album/s-l-ad-astral

Light and fluffy blackgaze, warm bass tones and just generally fuzzy feeling. If I was a Staff I'd pick this.7

----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.03.2013 - 02:07
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook

Everyone give up writing music. Sell your instruments, stop your lease on your jam room. Just quit.

You'll never be as good as this, so why bother?

Seriously. Holy Shit.

http://hopedrone.bandcamp.com/album/hope-drone
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.03.2013 - 02:08
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Like, take everything in this thread, and throw it away.

Gah, this is so good.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.03.2013 - 02:31
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Boxcar Willy on 05.03.2013 at 02:07

Everyone give up writing music. Sell your instruments, stop your lease on your jam room. Just quit.

You'll never be as good as this, so why bother?

Seriously. Holy Shit.

http://hopedrone.bandcamp.com/album/hope-drone

This is good, like really damn good,, but not as good as you're making it out to be (unless you're overhyping to get people to check it out... in which case you've succeeded). Fantastic for the most part, but drags on a little bit at some parts.