Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2013

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 31.12.2012 - 18:09
You know the drill. Here's some rather fine sounding Cthulhu driven death metal that's not due for release until 2013, with extraordinarily beautiful cover artwork (check out the detail in the full image):

(Full image here)
31.03.2013 - 17:19
Unhealer
Eclecticist
A experimental band mixing African influences with jazz and metal. By two Italians.

http://mombu.bandcamp.com/album/niger

Sounds awfully fresh.
01.04.2013 - 19:33
The Turbanator
I've uploaded one of Njiqahdda's new track on Soundcloud. One of their best track so far. These guys are amazing.

----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
01.04.2013 - 20:03
Sunioj

Flagellant - Maledictum, raw black metal from sweden. Its pretty decent, maybe not as straightforward as the last album, but more atmosphere focused. It's pretty evil sounding though, and the vocals are just great.
01.04.2013 - 20:25
Demerzel

Ensemble Pearl, new project by Stephen O)))Malley and Boris members.
Really good drone, quite Earth-ish.
01.04.2013 - 23:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Demerzel on 01.04.2013 at 20:25

Ensemble Pearl, new project by Stephen O)))Malley and Boris members.
Really good drone, quite Earth-ish.

Wow, this was unexpected o.O sounds quite nice I have to say. Somewhere in between Earth's latest stuff and the more drone oriented stuff of Sunn and Earth.

Here's the whole album it seems:

02.04.2013 - 04:23
The Turbanator
Written by Sunioj on 01.04.2013 at 20:03

Flagellant - Maledictum, raw black metal from sweden. Its pretty decent, maybe not as straightforward as the last album, but more atmosphere focused. It's pretty evil sounding though, and the vocals are just great.

Only can hear the first 30 seconds of the clip. But there's a free download link on the description so I'm downloading it and will give it a listen.

EDIT : Just found their BANDCAMP page by the way.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
02.04.2013 - 10:44
Sunioj
Written by The Turbanator on 02.04.2013 at 04:23

EDIT : Just found their BANDCAMP page by the way.

Thanks for catching that, I didn't notice.
02.04.2013 - 20:11
togo95
New release by atmospheric black/doom band Leucosis, named Leucosis. It´s a bit different than their debut, but good nonetheless.

Bandcamp
03.04.2013 - 00:19
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Unhealer on 24.01.2013 at 21:10

A band called Call Of The Void is releasing their debut on March. Pretty cool sounding hardcore, I'll look forward to hear it.

http://callofthevoid303.bandcamp.com/

Finally listening to this. Fucking great stuff.
03.04.2013 - 01:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Pretty awesome shit indeed.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.04.2013 - 01:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.04.2013 at 01:02

Pretty awesome shit indeed.

Glad you think so. I'm kinda drunk and was wondering if it was just the booze making it sound good. I'm in that stage where all music sounds good.
03.04.2013 - 01:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 03.04.2013 at 01:42
Glad you think so. I'm kinda drunk and was wondering if it was just the booze making it sound good. I'm in that stage where all music sounds good.

It seems to me that the past two years I've heard more and more -core and crust related bands. Nothing wrong with that though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.04.2013 - 01:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.04.2013 at 01:46

It seems to me that the past two years I've heard more and more -core and crust related bands. Nothing wrong with that though.

Same. I used to see anything with -core tag as a bad thing at one point and not bother checking it out but nowadays I'm more than happy to seek out stuff with a hardcore and crusty edge as it offers a rawness that can't be easily found elsewhere.
03.04.2013 - 02:36
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Guest on 03.04.2013 at 00:19

Finally listening to this. Fucking great stuff.

Thanks for pointing it's already out checking it right away...
03.04.2013 - 02:49
Crucifux
Account deleted
Heron
Just some cool atmo black stuff.
03.04.2013 - 05:39
The Turbanator
Post Metal band Milanku with their new release

BANDCAMP

You can check out other bands in that label too (just on the right of the page). Good label, this!
----
03.04.2013 - 06:31
The Turbanator
Stoner band from Poland.

BANDCAMP
----
06.04.2013 - 10:12
The Turbanator
Batillus' new album "Concrete Sustain". This is their first track off the album.

----
06.04.2013 - 17:40
Sunioj

Shade Empire - Omega Arcane, comes out May 3rd, I like this alot actually. Sounds promising.
07.04.2013 - 05:51
Edmund Fogg
Noe ain't that a thing of beauty!

Eschatos - Hierophanies

Thrash meets Atmo BM and Post Metal. One song available on Bandcamp. The rest is on YT
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
07.04.2013 - 08:49
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Written by Edmund Fogg on 07.04.2013 at 05:51

Noe ain't that a thing of beauty!

Eschatos - Hierophanies
Thrash meets Atmo BM and Post Metal. One song available on Bandcamp. The rest is on YT

Das some pretty boss artwork right there. Nice find.

For those interested in hearing the full album and "buying" it go here instead.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

07.04.2013 - 20:54
The Turbanator
Wormed's latest album EXODROMOS is getting a lot of praises. Might wanna check it out.

----
08.04.2013 - 05:08
The Turbanator
Grey Host's debut album "Dawn for Vultures" sounds pretty good. Mixture of sludge and doom.

BANDCAMP
----
08.04.2013 - 05:10
Edmund Fogg
Written by The Turbanator on 06.04.2013 at 10:12

Batillus' new album "Concrete Sustain". This is their first track off the album.

Sweeet! Thx for this one.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
08.04.2013 - 06:00
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
http://mountsalem.bandcamp.com/album/endless

Cool trad-doom with female vox.

Reminds me of the DIS covers.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
10.04.2013 - 01:51
SShapiro2011
Device's new album finally dropped... i know i've already mentioned it but it's so sick i can't get enough and it finally dropped today - http://smarturl.it/deviceitunes
10.04.2013 - 08:33
The Turbanator
New Kalmah track (no idea if new album is coming out soon or this is just a single) :

Also, new Summoning releasing soon. Preview here :

you can pre-order HERE
----
10.04.2013 - 14:38
Abattoir
staff
Demon Lung - Pareidolia --> a very solid female-fronted doom stuff from Las Vegas (it's their debut album).

Bandcamp

11.04.2013 - 07:49
The Turbanator
New Nocte Obducta!

----
12.04.2013 - 02:23
InnerSelf
proofread free
Wait, What !!!
new TRoB song from an apparently upcoming album entitled Blood Vaults (The Blazing Gospel Of Heinrich Kramer).

----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.