Metal Storm logo
Re-releases of studio albums

02.01.2013 - 02:05
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Am I the only one who doesn't like re-releases of studio albums, included shitloads of bonus tracks and live tracks? For example. In Flames album Whoracle. The title track is in my opinion a very good closer, but the version I got, have one extra bonus song and two live songs. I don't think live songs fit in a studio album. What do you guys think about it?
02.01.2013 - 03:19
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I never pay attention to those tracks, except if the bonuses are decent cover songs or other good songs that appeared in EPs, etc. But it's not something that bothers me really, you can just stop the record where the original edition would.
02.01.2013 - 03:56
D

Yeah I never like live songs, only live albums...
02.01.2013 - 12:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Re relises well I think we have such tread somehwere but depends
if there is one or two bonus song no I doubt I will buy but if there is some unrelised, some live and some more bonus , why not but I like
orginal matherial and re relise split , dont mix and one think what I see is album artworks , they are so lame when it comes to re relise and also hmmmm and many bands need re record album snot re relise because for example Blind Guardian first 2 albums was week prodiction, week sound , band shood record those whit better production, sound mixng and engeniering
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.01.2013 - 13:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Fallen Ghost on 02.01.2013 at 02:05

Am I the only one who doesn't like re-releases of studio albums, included shitloads of bonus tracks and live tracks? For example. In Flames album Whoracle. The title track is in my opinion a very good closer, but the version I got, have one extra bonus song and two live songs. I don't think live songs fit in a studio album. What do you guys think about it?

re-releases can be good if the album is out of print. BUT the bonus tracks should not be included on the cd featuring the "original" stuio album but should be put on a separate cd or vinyl
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.01.2013 - 19:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.01.2013 at 13:06

Written by Fallen Ghost on 02.01.2013 at 02:05

re-releases can be good if the album is out of print. BUT the bonus tracks should not be included on the cd featuring the "original" stuio album but should be put on a separate cd or vinyl

its true re relise is good if its out of print, like Lacrimas perfondum first 2 albums what was doom, I heard lable bancrupt and only re relise was on small russian lable .

Many has been relised on vily to, nowdays it shood be good do it on CD and so on
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.01.2013 - 10:39
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I have a question about a Dark Tranquillity album, maybe someone know the answer: The album Damage Done was re-released with bonus tracks, and it was digitally remastered. Is there a huge different in the sound? Is it much better in the re-release than the original?
03.01.2013 - 18:29
thundercunt
Account deleted
Only difference in sound be that it fill warmer, ya dig
05.01.2013 - 10:19
Guib
Thrash Talker
I guess its right at some times and wrong at others.

For example (and I know im gonna have alot of people flaming me for this) I prefer the re-release of Bonded By Blood that Exodus remastered with the new
singer... I just prefer his vocals (flaming again) I know the title changed but its still pretty much the same album with a different vocalist and a bonus track.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
05.01.2013 - 12:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Guib on 05.01.2013 at 10:19

For example (and I know im gonna have alot of people flaming me for this) I prefer the re-release of Bonded By Blood that Exodus remastered with the new
singer... I just prefer his vocals (flaming again) I know the title changed but its still pretty much the same album with a different vocalist and a bonus track.

that was not a re-release butt a re-recording Slight difference Not only were new vocals added but all the songs were re-recorded in the studio with, clearly, different, tunings and line-up wise only two of the people in it that recorded Bonded By Blood.
Although I prefer the original by far (hell it's the best full-blown thrash album ever) Let There Blood isn't bad at, unlike what the morons handing in reviews at MA want us to believe.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.01.2013 - 13:04
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.01.2013 at 13:06

This actually sounds good for me. Some bonus tracks just ruin the flow of the album when the original is over. Then again, I can see some bands not bothering with that if we are talking about 2 songs.
Those mini cds are hella cute though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.01.2013 - 19:27
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.01.2013 at 12:50

Written by Guib on 05.01.2013 at 10:19

that was not a re-release butt a re-recording Slight difference Not only were new vocals added but all the songs were re-recorded in the studio with, clearly, different, tunings and line-up wise only two of the people in it that recorded Bonded By Blood.
Although I prefer the original by far (hell it's the best full-blown thrash album ever) Let There Blood isn't bad at, unlike what the morons handing in reviews at MA want us to believe.

Don't get me wrong I like Bonded By Blood, but Let There Be Blood is awesome. It is true though that people are bashing this release only because its the new vocalist.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
21.01.2013 - 03:49
squidrick420

It depends, first off I hate when things get Re-mastered, that generally ruins the original feel of the music. Second, i don't mind bonus tracks every now and then, however i prefer when the bonus tracks consist of an entire ep rather then extra tracks. I also like when demo versions of songs are included, other than those exceptions i prefer the original tracks in their original format.