Metal Storm logo
The Meads Of Asphodel - New Album Details Revealed

Experimental black metallers The Meads Of Asphodel have some news for us today. The band just announced that the new album Sonderkommando will be mastered in the next 48 hours by long serving producer Iain Smith and completed. They were also kind enough to reveal some of its details. You can see the tracklist and cover art (from artist Aisha Louisa Al-Sadie) below.

The album should be available in early/mid February. Also, keep a look out for the promotional video "A Glimpse Into The Sonderkommando", a mini documentary that will be uploaded next week.

According to the band, the album clocks at 70+ minutes and it will be their darkest and most epic journey to date. The LP will feature the debut full-length performance from André Kjelbergvik Thung as well as the usual array of guests, whom are: Christina Poupoutsi (Ebonillumini & The Higher Craft), Mories (Gnaw Their Tongues), Rob Miller (Amebix), Oristalla (Diversis), Alan Davey (Gunslinger), Mirai (Sigh), Will Banyard, JM (Wolves Of Avalon), Gods Tower, Bruce Hamilton, Malcolm Tait and Harry 'Son of Metatron'.

Sonderkommando tracklist:

01. Sonderkommando
02. Wishing Well Of Bones
03. Aktion T4
04. Silent Ghosts Of Babi Yar
05. Children Of The Sunwheel Banner (Part 1)
06. Children Of The Sunwheel Banner (Part 2)
07. Lamenting Weaver Of Horror
08. Sins Of The Pharaohs
09. Last Train To Eden
10. Hourglass Of Ash
11. The Mussulmans Wander Through The Infernal Whirling Fires Amongst Silent Shadows To Be Fed Into The Thirsting Jaws Of A Godless Death Machine To Cough Up Their Souls To The Nazi Moloch Who Sits Within A Ring Of Smoking Infant Skulls
12. Send My Love To Maher-Shalal-Hash-Baz

[Thanks to !J.O.O.E.!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Meads Of Asphodel
Posted: 03.01.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 93 users
03.01.2013 - 17:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Will probably be the highlight of the year along with !T.O.O.H.!'s new one.

Unsure about that cover artwork. The Meads have never had great artwork though to be honest. This one is interesting if nothing else.

And I see Mories will be on it too. 'ckin' awesome.
03.01.2013 - 17:48
Lokaeda
Account deleted
"The Mussulmans Wander Through The Infernal Whirling Fires Amongst Silent Shadows To Be Fed Into The Thirsting Jaws Of A Godless Death Machine To Cough Up Their Souls To The Nazi Moloch Who Sits Within A Ring Of Smoking Infant Skulls"

Dafuq?
03.01.2013 - 17:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Lokaeda, I was thinking the same thing
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.01.2013 - 17:53
Vombatus
Potorro
High expectations here !

and I see there is the mandatory "extremely-long-titled-song"
03.01.2013 - 17:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 03.01.2013 at 17:48

"The Mussulmans Wander Through The Infernal Whirling Fires Amongst Silent Shadows To Be Fed Into The Thirsting Jaws Of A Godless Death Machine To Cough Up Their Souls To The Nazi Moloch Who Sits Within A Ring Of Smoking Infant Skulls"

Dafuq?

From their other albums:

"A canticle for the lost amputees of Aelia Capitolina who have been trampled under the iron shod hooves of salivating hell rams and impaled on the shimmering tusks of salvation within the abandoned tabernacle of a Bronze Age myth."

"Behold the Kindred Battle Carcasses Strewn Across the Bloodied Dunes of Gilgamesh Mute in the Frenzied Clamour of Death's Rolling Tongue and Ravenous Bursting Steel."

"On Graven Images I Glide Beyond the Monstrous Gates of Pandemonium to Face the Baptized Warriors of Yahweh in the Skull Littered Plain of Esdraelon."

"Falling with Lightning Rays Beamed through the Blazing Firmament Towards the Untented Burial Ground of Kharsag."

Their sentences seem to be getting longer.
03.01.2013 - 18:00
Lokaeda
Account deleted
Quote:
Quote:

Their sentences seem to be getting longer.

They are hunting on Bal-Sagoth's ground.
03.01.2013 - 18:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 03.01.2013 at 18:00

They are hunting on Bal-Sagoth's ground.

Who were traipsing over Demilich's ground

"The Planet That Once Used to Absorb Flesh in Order to Achieve Divinity and Immortality (Suffocated to the Flesh That It Desired...)"
03.01.2013 - 18:05
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
They should have add another track named

13. Lamentation of contorted ladies.
03.01.2013 - 18:14
SSM
Massacred
Interesting artwork. It seems this album is history/religion related too.
The 11th track describes it all... and wow! They've got so many guests musicians there.
03.01.2013 - 19:13
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy

One of my most anticipated albums of the year.
03.01.2013 - 21:46
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 03.01.2013 at 17:41
The Meads have never had great artwork though to be honest.

I actually like the artwork for Damascus Steel and for the latest one. Don't like this one though.

...and fuck yeah for Mories. Such colaboration can only give great results.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.01.2013 - 23:02
Mattybu

Written by Guest on 03.01.2013 at 17:41

Unsure about that cover artwork. The Meads have never had great artwork though to be honest. This one is interesting if nothing else.

Well I don't know the band. But I would say about that artwork aside from the goofy looking logo it's cool and better than a lot of the computer generate-y looking junk.
03.01.2013 - 23:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 03.01.2013 at 23:02

Well I don't know the band. But I would say about that artwork aside from the goofy looking logo it's cool and better than a lot of the computer generate-y looking junk.

I would agree with that for sure. The colours are nice and you can tell it's an actual painting. Their logo does indeed rather suck. I've always thought that.
04.01.2013 - 00:30
Fredd
Account deleted
I HAS A ANTICIPATE
04.01.2013 - 00:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.01.2013 at 00:30

I HAS A ANTICIPATE

You should not has joined that Facebook group...
04.01.2013 - 12:24
Fredd
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 04.01.2013 at 00:34

Written by Guest on 04.01.2013 at 00:30

I HAS A ANTICIPATE

You should not has joined that Facebook group...

yez, maybeishouldnthaz

Hits total: 3739 | This month: 4