Metal Storm logo
Tuomas Saukkonen - Disbands All Projects And Launches 'Wolfheart'

Finnish metal musician Tuomas Saukkonen stunned the local scene by announcing that he has disbanded all his previous projects (including Before The Dawn) and started a new one under the name Wolfheart. There will be a farewell show where Before The Dawn, Black Sun Aeon and Routasielu will get up on stage for the very last time.

When asked about the reasons for this turnover in an interview for KaaosZine, a Finnish music media, Saukkonen responds: "At some point I recognized I was just keeping the band alive and it didn't feel right anymore. I lost the passion to make music which is the main reason why I had a lot of side projects like Black Sun Aeon, RoutaSielu, Dawn Of Solace and The Final Harvest in the first place. Those were the bands where I had the ability to be artistically free and create what I wanted. Now when Before The Dawn is done it was logical for me to clean the table at once and start building something from scratch again."

On Wolfheart's musical foundations: "I will continue with this project by my own means but the main 'red' line in this new project is to create a band that has the energy of Before The Dawn and mix it with the low-tuned dark, heavy and epic atmosphere of Black Sun Aeon. Also at the same time I have had some northern warrior feeling into it so those are the main ingredients Wolfheart will contain. You can expect me to write more diverse songs now because I don't have to write songs for 3 to 4 different bands but instead I am only focusing into this one."

You can read the full interview here. (There is an English version).

Tuomas Saukkonen will also be doing an unplugged tour in Finland in February with a band consisting of members of Before The Dawn and Black Sun Aeon which will cover Before The Dawn, Black Sun Aeon and Dawn Of Solace songs acoustically.

Dates:

08.02. Nuclear Nightclub, Oulu
09.02. Amarillo, Lahti
15.02. Musta Kynnys, Jyväskylä
16.02. Rytmikatti, Kouvola

Source: kaaoszine.fi
Band profile: Before The Dawn
Posted: 11.01.2013 by Risto

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 322 users
11.01.2013 - 13:48
Dinruth
Can someone tell me why you need so many side projects when Before The Dawn is Melodeath, Black Sun Aeon and RoutaSielu are also labelled under the term melodeath? why not all release it as BtD tracks??
11.01.2013 - 13:53
MauricioVeiga
You know, it's for the best, why keep all those separate bands and styles when you can mix them together and create something new and innovating
11.01.2013 - 14:53
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Wow that sounds a little harsh...
----
11.01.2013 - 15:23
Sznc
Some how Wolfheart / Wormlust jumped to my mind the second i read the title, but good luck to the man anyway.
11.01.2013 - 16:55
Reaper_Redeemer
That movement was smart... He "cleans" the name of BtD and his other projects promising a new start, a new sound. But... Two fuckin problems... No new sound lol, from the teaser i feel like listening to all the different styles of composing from the previous bands into one project! Second one: what about the other musicians?? you leave them just for that "idea"? Very friendly
But lets hope to see a sign of originality in his next efforts cause this one did not succeeded in that...
11.01.2013 - 18:53
FeskarN
Written by Dinruth on 11.01.2013 at 13:48

Can someone tell me why you need so many side projects when Before The Dawn is Melodeath, Black Sun Aeon and RoutaSielu are also labelled under the term melodeath? why not all release it as BtD tracks??

Indeed. He should just stay with Before The Dawn and release all his music under that name. All his other projects sounds so similair anyway..
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
11.01.2013 - 19:53
Until the End
What a cack band name.
11.01.2013 - 21:21
atmo1221
Account deleted
I don't care for bandnames...as long as I feel the music. All his music is great.
11.01.2013 - 21:42
dougver1
There was already another band called Wolfheart a while back, they released a single album, but that was back in '99... wonder if that's gonna cause any trouble!
11.01.2013 - 23:14
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
He's like a dude who keeps deleting accounts and coming up with new ones.

Eh, if he's a happy person, I'm a happy person, since this doesn't concern me in any way, but I like happy people
----
7.0 means the album is good
12.01.2013 - 01:12
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Ain't that a kick in the nuts... Now that I was enjoying Before the Dawn like a madman. Not a great way to start the year, but well, if he thinks that was the best course of action and he's happy, good for I him.

The teaser sounds good though and I'll turn my attention to that now.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
12.01.2013 - 01:41
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Milena on 11.01.2013 at 23:14

Yeah, the sound he's created is so recognisable and coherent regardless of all the different monikers At least now the situation with his projects is what I've hoped it would be, so I'm looking forward to the next effort more than usual.
12.01.2013 - 16:35
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
First Textures, now this.....depressing week...
12.01.2013 - 17:00
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff

If you are referring to the person I think you are referring to... I will laugh, think you are awesome and send you an internet high-five.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
14.01.2013 - 13:18
Milena
gloom cookie
staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 12.01.2013 at 17:00

If you are referring to the person I think you are referring to... I will laugh, think you are awesome and send you an internet high-five.

*watches and thoughtfully smiles*
----
7.0 means the album is good
14.01.2013 - 13:21
bladefall
I've heard he got a nickname:"Tyrant"! Is that true? However,his music is great indeed!
13.02.2013 - 16:45
This is really sad...I mean Before The Dawn had a massive place in my life...and it's no more
but at the same time i'm happy cuz I have great faith in Tuomas ... and I'm more than sure that he'll make something DIVINE as usual

Hits total: 9615 | This month: 29