Metal Storm logo
Anorexia Nervosa - The best to ever crawl out of France?

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 19.05.2006 - 16:00
Serched and found no Anorexia Nervosa thread. So i made one!

As the topic says, I thing AN is the best musical related thing to ever come from France.
Its a great band, with some really heavy songs. I think "The Drudenhous Anthem" is my all-time greatest AN song, and for thouse who have'nt heard it. Go to www.mother-anorexia.com -> media and download it free

Now, what do you other people think about Anorexia Nervosa?
23.11.2008 - 09:47
Khaldi
Written by matos on 19.11.2008 at 19:53

Written by Khaldi on 17.11.2008 at 05:08

Written by Dagorwen on 16.11.2008 at 14:10

Well, I heard it was over, they didn't find any vocalist as good as Heidmarr was
they ARE the best french band EVER (I don't like Gojira, they are not as deep as Anorexia!)

what you know about a new project of Heidmarr ? they are released something interesting ?
have any similarity with Anorexia ?

if by " a new project of Heidmarr" you mean CNK (Count Nosferatu Kommando / Cosa nostra club), they have released two albums by now, i only know the first one, and it seems to be some kind of industrial project, which i semi liked back then...
I guess the only similarity are the vocals...

http://www.myspace.com/thecnk

It's a fully shit
I do not understand why Heidmarr leaving Anorexia their official sait closed
and i do not know when i can read any information ((
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
20.11.2009 - 03:21
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Well I discoveredthis band thanks to teh Randm album here in MSN, and I must say I reall like it "Drudenhaus" and "New Obscurantis Order" being my fav albums. Super fast, symphonic and with the amazing BM growls, I find this band really amazing. I remember when I listened to them for the first time on the Internet, wearing my earphones, I said "Holy shit that's some heavy stuff" My dad look edat me and was like 0_o
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.11.2009 - 07:13
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.11.2009 at 03:21

I remember when I listened to them for the first time on the Internet, wearing my earphones, I said "Holy shit that's some heavy stuff" My dad look edat me and was like 0_o

Ha, nice one man!

I have a couple alleged later albums by this band and it sounds nothing at all like their previous releases, the vocals are almost death metal like..actually, most of it is death metal like, it's terrible. I was really into Anorexia Nervosa for a while, still listen to them every now and then but, they do kind of remind me of a French version of CoF, not quite as cheesey though.
Despite that the original post to this thread is over three years old, I can profess that AN is not the best to ever crawl out of France. Some other amazing and imo better French BM are: Otargos, Antaeus, Hell Militia, Pensées Nocturnes, and plenty of others... I need to start labelling my discography so I know what countries the bands I have are from.
21.11.2009 - 02:24
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
AN is indeed fucking heavy, but I don't think they're Death metal... Their BM base is a fast and melodic kind of BM, but it remains Black Metal to the core. AN played with brio the kind of Symphonic BM CoF and Dimmu Borgir try to play without success. Don't take me wrong, I love CoF and DB, but they're not BM anymore, while AN remained true to Satan all along.
AN is probably the heaviest band I really like: the guitars, the drums, the dark symphonies and the vocals (Satan! The vocals!) are so extreme, it makes my ears bleed. I love to listen to AN in my earphones with the volume at max when I'm in a crowded place, so everyone is like and I put on my misanthropic metalhead face and freak them out
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
30.11.2009 - 08:54
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
There are a lot of bands from france that are just as good AND better. Those include Deathspell Omega and Blut aus Nord to name the obvious ones.
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
08.05.2010 - 02:07
The Turbanator
The best thing from France is obviously Blut Aus Nord.
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
15.05.2010 - 01:11
Rekkuza
Written by MétalNoir on 21.11.2009 at 02:24

AN is indeed fucking heavy, but I don't think they're Death metal... Their BM base is a fast and melodic kind of BM, but it remains Black Metal to the core. AN played with brio the kind of Symphonic BM CoF and Dimmu Borgir try to play without success. Don't take me wrong, I love CoF and DB, but they're not BM anymore, while AN remained true to Satan all along.
AN is probably the heaviest band I really like: the guitars, the drums, the dark symphonies and the vocals (Satan! The vocals!) are so extreme, it makes my ears bleed. I love to listen to AN in my earphones with the volume at max when I'm in a crowded place, so everyone is like and I put on my misanthropic metalhead face and freak them out

I agree completely! They are definitely one of the most intense and brutal black metal bands I have ever heard! I don't believe they are active anymore, 'tis a shame.
16.05.2010 - 21:00
Lord_Regnier
I hate Anorexia Nervosa, mostly for their retarded lyrics (especially if you can understand the french parts).

I think the only French metal band I like is Massacra (first 3 albums).
Also, the French Black Metal scene is the most overrated BM scene of all.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
17.05.2010 - 00:16
The Turbanator
Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.05.2010 at 21:00

Really? To name a few :

Alcest
Aldaaron
Blut Aus Nord (Children of Maani, The Eye)
Deathspell Omega
Dwellers of the Twilight
Mystic Forest
Nocturnal Depression
Peste Noire
The Foetal Mind

And I though French BM scene was underrated!
----
In the name of forests; In the name of stars; In the name of all the seas; In the name of storms... Proud sons of ancient nation; Proud sons of sacred song in the wind; Proud sons behind a mirror of ice who told... Fathers of the icy age!!
17.05.2010 - 01:03
Lord_Regnier
Written by The Turbanator on 17.05.2010 at 00:16

Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.05.2010 at 21:00

Really? To name a few :

Alcest
Aldaaron
Blut Aus Nord (Children of Maani, The Eye)
Deathspell Omega
Dwellers of the Twilight
Mystic Forest
Nocturnal Depression
Peste Noire
The Foetal Mind

Not a single one I like. What I dislike of the French BM bands is, in general, they sound like shit and their songs are just a chaotic mess, no structure. Pointless noise.
----
17.05.2010 - 01:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Sounds like a personal problem to me, rather than a region specific one.
17.05.2010 - 01:31
The Turbanator
^^ Yeah most probably that.

If French BM bands are , in general, sound like shit and their songs are just chaotic mess, no structure.. then you should really start thinking twice about the genre you're listening to.

Because, honestly (not because I'm bias), Blut Aus Nord has the best 'structured' albums in BM history, for me. And they're French.
----
17.05.2010 - 01:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Deathspell Omega, Blut Aus Nord chaotic, unstructured, pointless?
Hell I can understand such a thing coming from an avid Euro Cheese Flower Power fan but not from someone who says he loves black metal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.05.2010 - 01:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
He also seems to be working from the assumption (or rather generalisation) that all French bands sound the same, as if France has a particular, specific sound, which really isn't the case. Part of France's appeal is the individual talents of each of the better bands coming from there, Blut aus Nord and DsO probably being the strongest.
17.05.2010 - 01:49
Lord_Regnier
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.05.2010 at 01:41

Hell I can understand such a thing coming from an avid Euro Cheese Flower Power fan but not from someone who says he loves black metal.

Deathspell Omega is a good example of pure chaotic mess, as far as I'm concerned. I get bored of it in no time.
I like lots of BM bands. It just happens that some kinds of BM have no appeal to me. And the French bands generally play a kind of BM that has no appeal to me, no matter what kind of BM subgenre you could put them in.
I have always been extremely picky even from genres I like.

I know there are different kinds of French BM bands but I've never been able to find a band I enjoy.
----
17.05.2010 - 01:52
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 17.05.2010 at 01:43

He also seems to be working from the assumption (or rather generalisation) that all French bands sound the same, as if France has a particular, specific sound, which really isn't the case.

Exactly it boggles my mind as well.
I find it impossible to compare band such as Anorexia Nervosa, Seth, Arkhon INfaustus to bands such as Mutilation, Belketre, Ad Hominem, Anteaus, Hell Militia, Deathspell Omega, Blut Aus Nord
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.05.2010 - 01:53
Lord_Regnier
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.05.2010 at 01:52

He also seems to be working from the assumption (or rather generalisation) that all French bands sound the same, as if France has a particular, specific sound, which really isn't the case.

I find it impossible to compare band such as Anorexia Nervosa, Seth, Arkhon INfaustus to bands such as Mutilation, Belketre, Ad Hominem, Anteaus, Hell Militia, Deathspell Omega, Blut Aus Nord

Re-read my last post and you will understand.
----
17.05.2010 - 01:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.05.2010 at 01:52

Heck, even just looking at Blut aus Nord and DsO alone they've covered something like 5+plus styles between them.
17.05.2010 - 02:03
The Turbanator
Written by Lord_Regnier on 17.05.2010 at 01:49

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.05.2010 at 01:41

Deathspell Omega is a good example of pure chaotic mess, as far as I'm concerned. I get bored of it in no time.
I like lots of BM bands. It just happens that some kinds of BM have no appeal to me. And the French bands generally play a kind of BM that has no appeal to me, no matter what kind of BM subgenre you could put them in.
I have always been extremely picky even from genres I like.

I know there are different kinds of French BM bands but I've never been able to find a band I enjoy.

Don't mind listing a few bands that you listen to?
----
17.05.2010 - 02:47
Lord_Regnier
Written by The Turbanator on 17.05.2010 at 02:03

Absu
Bal-Sagoth (Only "A Black Moon Broods Over Lemuria", the rest is too cheesy)
Bathory (first 4 albums)
Battle Dagorath
Blinded By Faith
Carach Angren
Catamenia (first 7 albums)
Cryptic Wintermoon
Darkthrone (but not their DM stuff and not anything after "Transylvanian Hunger")
Dissection (But not "Reinkaos")
Gates Of Ishtar
Greifenstein
Hellsaw
Immortal
Krallice
Lord Belial
Mithotyn
Nocternity
Pagan Hellfire
Sacramentum
Satyricon (not anything after "Nemesis Divina")
Spirit Of The Forest
Summoning
Taake
Ulver (only "Nattens Madrigal")
Winterdemons
----
17.05.2010 - 13:41
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Written by Lord_Regnier on 17.05.2010 at 02:47

Written by The Turbanator on 17.05.2010 at 02:03

Krallice

I'd say Krallice is just as chaotic, if not more so then Deathspell Omega. To each their own though, I'm not a big DSO fan myself for the same reason of it being a bit too chaotic in structure. But, French bm is up there with Norway and Sweden imo.
17.05.2010 - 14:39
The Turbanator
Written by Bitter Dawn on 17.05.2010 at 13:41

I'd say Krallice is just as chaotic, if not more so then Deathspell Omega. To each their own though, I'm not a big DSO fan myself for the same reason of it being a bit too chaotic in structure. But, French bm is up there with Norway and Sweden imo.

And Germany.
----
17.05.2010 - 14:53
Mikyz
First, Deathspell Omega is a band that produces constructive yet chaotic music that's hard to digest, so I believe it's an album that's only properly appreciated with a trained ear. Last year, when I just started getting into BM, I considered DSO's albums to be a pointless mess but once my ears were adequately trained I started to enjoy their inhumane atmosphere. They just need some sort of effort from the listeners part, specially Si Monumentum Requires, Circumspice because it's pretty fucking long 77 minutes.

Also, I'm against people that underestimate the French Black Metal scene, I can name a few bands form the top of my head that any BM fan would definitely enjoy, like Mortifera, Peste Noire, Belenos, Blut Aus Nord, Nehëmah, (If you like something extremely chaotic) Diapsiquir, Antaeus... and of course Anorexia Nervosa which is a pretty solid band but far from being my favorite BM band from France.
----
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
17.05.2010 - 14:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Isn't there a French BM topic out there? I'm all for discussing French Black metal, but let's stick to Anorexia Nervosa in this one.

Re-direct.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.05.2010 - 15:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by The Turbanator on 17.05.2010 at 14:39

Written by Bitter Dawn on 17.05.2010 at 13:41

And Germany.

I'd say Germany and UK are more valuable then either Sweden or Norway right now, some stars of the UK being: Fen, Caïna, A Forest of Stars, The Meads of Asphodel, Winterfylleth, Wodensthrone, Thus Defiled, Basilisk, Archaicus (now Orpheus apparently), Skaldic Curse, Spearhead, Axis of Perdition, < Code >, Askival, Lyrinx, etc.

Hmm, maybe I should make a thread on UKBM if there isn't one.

(edit: I see there exists one already)
17.05.2010 - 15:50
The Turbanator
^^ Yeah agree with the UK part. Not forgetting Primordial and Altar of Plagues. Also Lyrinx for the depressive people.

I can't understand Lord_Regnier. He says French BM is chaotic and yet he mentioned Ulver's Nattens Madrigal album as his favorite? Am I missing something here?
----
17.05.2010 - 15:56
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Lucas on 17.05.2010 at 14:58

Isn't there a French BM topic out there? I'm all for discussing French Black metal, but let's stick to Anorexia Nervosa in this one.

Re-direct.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.05.2010 - 16:01
The Turbanator
Sorry Lucas
----
17.05.2010 - 18:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by The Turbanator on 17.05.2010 at 15:50

^^ Yeah agree with the UK part. Not forgetting Primordial and Altar of Plagues.

Those two aren't from the UK but from the Republic Of Ireland, which isn't part of the UK
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.05.2010 - 19:41
The Turbanator
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.05.2010 at 18:33

Written by The Turbanator on 17.05.2010 at 15:50

^^ Yeah agree with the UK part. Not forgetting Primordial and Altar of Plagues.

Those two aren't from the UK but from the Republic Of Ireland, which isn't part of the UK

Pahhhhh. Great Britain then
----