Haggard vs Therion

Poll

Which do you prefer??

Therion
Haggard

Total votes: 118
05.12.2006 - 21:26
Vanhellis

Both of this bands have an excellent musical quality and both are some kind of symphonic metal, since both of them are related why don't we vote for which one of them you prefer, just take in count that if you judge for the musical performance and complexity of compositions Haggard will obviusly win, also take in count lyrics and all stuff you think involve your love for the band.
----
05.12.2006 - 21:43
RavenLord

Like the Clavicula Nox in your image.

Anyway, since you're talking symphonic, I guess that rules out anything Therion did before Theli (even though Beyond Sanctorum is probably their best album outside Deggial and Secret of the Runes).

I must admit, I don't know much Haggard, but what I have heard interested me-they are a very talented collection of musicians, and each one plays their own part in the band (if 'band' is the right word for so many musicans :p). Therion are very good as well, but I find their guitars very simplistic at times. Especially on the last two albums, at times the riffs were just simple power chord backing to the symphonic parts. While I don't mind that sometimes, I know that Christopher has written very good guitar parts, and I would like to see them doing more stuff like 'Symphony of the Dead'.

So, even on the strength of what I've heard from Haggard, I'd like vote for them (even though I love Deggial and Secret of the Runes-now they're guitar-orientated enough for me! Great balance)...if we were talking as a whole, though, Therion would win it, for Lepaca Kliffoth and Beyond Sanctorum. Bah. I abstain.
----
05.12.2006 - 21:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well I wont vote
because thos eband snobody are so close to mee that I can tell that I like it better, and baout are simmilar styles
Of course hagaard I knwo more about them, and I like early death metal works like song lyric ''Dady Was her Firts Man''' but I hawnt hear so much Therion albums to specely earl works so its hard to choose objective
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.12.2006 - 21:51
Zendrian
Account deleted
WOW a really hard poll ...... 2 of the gretest symphonic metal bands.......

But this time my vote is for therion, they have more experience and use a lot of styles.......
Haggard is great too, but they only have 3 albums compared to therion 13 albums (9 or 8 without counting the old ones).
05.12.2006 - 22:26
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Well, I never really was into Haggard, whilst Therion are definately among my top 10! Haggard is indeed a good band, but I just can't really get them to crawl under my skin as Therion did, I became addicted to their music since I first head it and I love it all, from first death releases to the new amazing Gothic Kabbalah. The versatility and uniquness of this band just amazes me, so my vote definately goes to Therion + I saw them perform live and they were flawless. Long live Therion! (2 more months to see them live again, yes! )
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
06.12.2006 - 01:33
El Vikingo

Therion wins this hands down.
Haggard never really clicks with me. If you take the individual parts of their songs they sound great, but they have huge difficulty turning these parts into SONGS. A lot of the time it just seems like a jumbled mess of unrelated parts. It's dissappointing because they are something that I should really like.
----
"The worst kind of death is getting eaten by someone you love."
06.12.2006 - 05:02
Woven Elegy
Account deleted
For me thats a really tough decision.
I really like Therion, i can always listen to their music without being bored by it, not to mention their years of experience and albums doesn't make them novices.
But at the same time Haggard has more classical elements that are soothing to me and also have a certain level of complexity to their music that therion somewhat lacks.

Both bands come very close in my opinion so i really don't have a favourite.
06.12.2006 - 06:44
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Therion for me, i love Haggard too, but yeh, Therion wipe Haggard of the face of the earth just by the range and diverseness of the vocals and choirs.
Haggard have only released 3 albums too, they need to release more.
06.12.2006 - 21:05
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Difficult poll, I love both bands, really symphonic, interesting lyrics... but I prefer Therion, I think they have more creativity, in music and lyrics, and they have released more albums
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
06.12.2006 - 22:50
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
I really like both, but voted for Haggard as i havent listend to Therion as much.

But both are awesome.
07.12.2006 - 11:41
Vidrageon
Account deleted
Hmm, close choice, but because Therion influenced Haggard, I'd have to vote for them.
24.12.2006 - 10:06
Theia Ereshkigal

Its almost impossible to choose which is better......hmmmm.......idk.....i....pick............both...whew that was hard...lol....each bands is the others inverse........therion is more metal then symphonic...while haggard is more symphonic then Metal....both are great...i have all 13 therion albums.....including C.O.B dvd boxset....but i only have 1 haggard cd eppur si muove...:( grrrrrrrrrrr...i wish F.Y.E sold haggard cd's...i had to order most of my therion off of amazon....:)........Both have their pros and cons....haggard is peanut butter and jelly....and therion is meat and potatos...:P...
----

25.12.2006 - 17:23
duyhung
Account deleted
Both are very, very good. But I think I'll vote for Therion, I love their music and all their lyrics ( I've known more about myths since I started listening to Therion )
25.12.2006 - 23:52
Bitch Boy

Voted Therion, I love their lyrics, Johnsson's guitars, and the guest vocalists, which for me have been better than Gaby Koss, Susane or Veronica. Anyway, I also like Haggard a lot but Therion is one of my very very fav bands.
17.04.2007 - 04:37
Oracle
Orcinus
Therion have my vote, they have done so much better than Haggard, i mean i like Haggard but Therion have tried so many different things with their music.
17.04.2007 - 05:00
APOHAKC
The Bard
Haggard!
I like this band, no, I love this band! They are real artists, their albums are masterpieces. I just can't describe my feelings while listening to them... beautiful
On the other side... I just hate Therion
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
17.04.2007 - 19:58
MaX
Account deleted
Hard to decide.. my vote goes to Therion somehow I like them more but I think it's question of personal taste more than question of quality that is present in both bands on very similar level..
18.04.2007 - 01:34
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I choose Therion. It took me like a year before I liked them, but now they're one of my favorite bands. I've been listening to them nonstop for the last month or so, and I'm not getting tired of them at all. Therion seems a little more creative and experimental than Haggard, and I think that they are also better songwriters. The riffs that Therion uses are amazing and provide a nice contrast to the choir. Something that amazes me about this band is how much of a variety they have in their music. They'll go from blast beats and chunky guitar riffs to extremely melodic and somewhat slow structures, and the transition is smooth as hell.
09.08.2007 - 00:05
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Wow. Therion won.... ....that was not expected. Anyway, I vote for Haggard.

I like both bands, Therion is good band indeed, they have many good songs that somehow get under your skin, really, Therion's music is like some drug to me. And in the other hand - Haggard is way more complex, progressive than Therion, bands may have some similarities, but are different in many, many ways. You hear Therion's song for the first time, and you'll probably like it , but you may have to listen to Haggard's several times to really understand and like it, but than you wont get bored with it, and it will sound even better to you every time you listen to it.
And not to mention that half of symphonic orchestra cant be compared to keyboard. But that's whole another story, really....
----
09.08.2007 - 23:36
Infurnace

I'll vote Haggard on this one. I saw both bands on Wacken. Both shows were fantastic! I never really listened to Therion before I saw them on Wacken, but I just wanted to see them, and they absolutely blew me away with their amazing show. On the other hand.. Haggard's show on Wacken was perfect as well. I like them just a little bit more than I like Therion. Both have the amazing classical and operatic influences. Just brilliant, but I've known Haggard for a longer time, and I like them a little bit better.
10.08.2007 - 00:19
selken
Irreligious
Therion, they (well, christopher) seems to be more creative, the voices are better, although haggard has more orchestrated sounds, I like them both but the poll is for picking one, that one is Therion
----
12.10.2007 - 21:00
Mustis
Account deleted
Haggard, the music is awesome, and the singers too, its almost an orchest that band, but with metal singers. Haggard for sure
13.10.2007 - 00:41
panchowl

I see Christopher like one of the most talented person in Metal. Without doubt, Therion for me!
22.01.2008 - 23:09
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Therion for me, they're more creative IMO ,and tehy have more releases... and I feel better while listening to them... While Haggard just don't fill my expectations.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
22.01.2008 - 23:32
Abattoir

I prefer Therion more...although I don't like those two bands so much, but anyway, Therion has some quite good...
23.01.2008 - 05:15
Fuath

shit, hard decision, but im going with therion, even though the second disc of "gothic kabbalah" was kinda crap and dissapointing
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

25.01.2008 - 02:24
Ascalon

Haggard without any doubt, Therion it's also a good band ... but for me the music achieved by Haggard it's better.
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
26.01.2008 - 04:07
VPeter

In mine opinion these bands are impossible to compare, since they differ so much.
04.02.2008 - 16:28
Golden Wing

My vote goes to Haggard. Because I like, first of all, their music, medieval and enchanting (of course, except their first Progressive album).
Therion isn't bad too, but sometimes its music seem boring for me, but their lyrics are better than Haggard, and I love conception of Secret of the Runes - it's my fav album.
04.02.2008 - 17:06
Bend Your Mind

I like Haggard but haven't really got enough stuffs by Therion.So,I can't make the comparison or vote.