06. Julia Pastrana
07. No Mans Land
08. Daily Living
09. The Small Stuff
10. Celibate
11. Retirement Community
12. Birds Of Prey
13. In Hora Mortis

I once was told that music was the amplification of one's heart, then I bought Death Metal albums that talked about mutilations and raping dead things?time passed by and I forgot about that beautiful statement, I began listening to music just for the sake of clutching heavy riffs and catchy beats. One mysterious day I bought an album called "Lift Your Skinny Fists like Antennas to Heaven" by Godspeed You Black Emperor! and my life changed that very same day. 6 years later, and after unsuccessfully searching for "the next best thing" in music, I received a package containing the new album of a guy named "Joe Young"?Kaada for us.

Here you have a Norwegian genius who gathered a great ensemble of classic instruments (some are invented by him actually) and created one of the most beautiful pieces ever in music history. Yes people, it's not metal, but if you are wise enough you'll open your mind and you'll see there's more in music than jammed guitars and piteous ideologies. This personage is also known for writing the score for movies (I seriously don't know which ones but I'm currently doing my homework), so imagine the musical horizon Kaada has; so this time he took his harmonious brain and pasted it on a record called "Music For Moviebikers".

It's one hour of enthralling melodies, shivering atmospheres and even bloodcurdling passages with the most interesting chants I've heard in a long time. Kaada delivers an hour of everything music wise; the thirteen "Takes" have a force of their own, the whole impression is about stances gathered from movies, but each song has a different approach towards the environment and the core of the music; apparently Kaada never says which movies though?he's one of those "My concept is for you to have your own concept" kind of guys, I think that's brilliant in a very creepy way.

This album is so great that I can't even put it into words; this is the first time I hear about Kaada and I'm already searching for his past albums (He even has a record in collaboration with Mike Patton so go figure). "Music For Moviebikers" it is not for everyone; the simple minds won't absorb the intense brilliance that this album emanates. So I'll say one more thing; Kaada is the reason why people says that music is our heart and mind on an instrument.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 10
Songwriting: 10
Originality: 10
Production: 10

Written by Herzebeth | 05.12.2006

Comments

Comments: 9   Visited by: 31 users
05.12.2006 - 21:54
Talvi

Whoa, a 10 by Herzebeth. I don't know what to think, but I'll check this album for sure...
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
05.12.2006 - 22:32
Der Meister
Account deleted
Well I love movie-soundtrack music, which I guess means this is a must-have for me!
05.12.2006 - 22:43
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Kind of boring to be honest, but it all comes down to personal taste.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
06.12.2006 - 00:37
Rating: 4
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
okay Herzie, I'm trusting you on this one. I went ahead and ordered this album without ever hearing them. I decided I shouldn't preview any tracks because from what I got from your review, this album has to be experienced as a whole and not from partial tracks.
06.12.2006 - 02:37
Herzebeth

yes, as TheDissident said it is a matter of personal taste, now I can trust people here who said they'll try it out, will have a similar aproach to this kind of music. It is absolutely astonishing
----
06.12.2006 - 07:43
DahliaRock

hmm well... this album is great but it is really slow, and I really missed the old albums by Kaada when I listened to this, especially MECD. That album is perfect too, although less emphasis on the instruments and a little more on vocals. What this album lacks, except a song, is the brilliant vocals by Eric Kaada. Anyways, buy this album, buy MECD, and buy one of both for me cos I can't find em =D
07.12.2006 - 17:15
jadawal

Holy shit what a great album, thanks for the enlightenment Herzebeth.
11.12.2006 - 23:52
Rating: 4
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
If they go on tour, I'm definitely gonna start a mosh pit
24.06.2008 - 03:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Wooow a 10 from you?
This gonna be interesting...

some minutes later:
Ok, I need some money now

This cd music is beautiful, a very good discovery thanks to you, Good review bw.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.

Hits total: 5058 | This month: 7