Metal Storm logo
The Faceless - Announce New Drummer, Cancel UK Dates

As expected, The Faceless didn't need much time to find a replacement for drummer Lyle Cooper, who recently departed the band. Alex Rudinger (The Haarp Machine, Threat Signal) will be taking over duties behind the kit full time.

Official statement from the band: "To clear the air on a few details, The Faceless has decided to part ways with drummer Lyle Cooper due to a growing difference in the level of commitment to the project. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and we're sure he'll continue to be successful with music. Having said that, we are very excited to announce that Alex Rudinger is our new full time drummer. We just played our first 3 shows with him in Mexico and what he brings to the band both musically and personally, is simply astounding. We are looking forward to a great future with Alex."

In other news, Michael Keene announced that The Faceless will have to reschedule their upcoming dates in the UK which would start on January 30th with The Safety Fire. The band was not granted work visas and therefore, cannot make it over but will try to make up the dates as soon as possible.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: The Faceless
Posted: 29.01.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 82 users
29.01.2013 - 13:14
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
God damn visas. They're not coming to the UK to blow things up, but to make music and have a good time with people enjoying a similar taste. For fuck's sake, what is wrong with the damn system?
29.01.2013 - 17:28
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Yea, I'm disappointed as well, I really enjoyed their new musical direction and hoped I could get to see them here in Glasgow....shame
29.01.2013 - 18:39
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Well I can't say I'm not surprised they hired him since Ordinance is a similar style and that is his original band.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

29.01.2013 - 21:03
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Amongst the boring generic technical death metal that is The Faceless, Lyle Cooper was actually a pretty good drummer. I'm not familiar with Alex Rudinger but hopefully he's equally skilled, otherwise The Faceless have next to nothing for me to enjoy.
29.01.2013 - 21:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 29.01.2013 at 21:03

Amongst the boring generic technical death metal that is The Faceless, Lyle Cooper was actually a pretty good drummer. I'm not familiar with Alex Rudinger but hopefully he's equally skilled, otherwise The Faceless have next to nothing for me to enjoy.

Planetary Duality I would agree is extremely generic but Autotheism was actually quite an interesting and varied record and rather good. They toned down the technicality and introduced some diverse progressive elements.
29.01.2013 - 21:25
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Guest on 29.01.2013 at 21:15

Planetary Duality I would agree is extremely generic but Autotheism was actually quite an interesting and varied record and rather good. They toned down the technicality and introduced some diverse progressive elements.

I listened to it twice and will admit I wasn't impressed. Not as generic, but still dull/boring.
29.01.2013 - 21:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 29.01.2013 at 21:25

I listened to it twice and will admit I wasn't impressed. Not as generic, but still dull/boring.

Fair enough
30.01.2013 - 05:16
Don_Doom
At least I saw them in Guadalajara, the new drummer is really good!

Hits total: 2532 | This month: 6