Metal Storm logo
Battlecross - To Enter The Studio Next Month

US death thrashers Battlecross have announced that they will enter the studio next month to record the follow-up to their 2011 Metal Blade debut Pursuit Of Honor. The band will begin recording immediately after the Another Year, Another Tour with In Flames, Demon Hunter and All Shall Perish for 27 North American dates that begins on February 2nd in Ft. Lauderdale.

Battlecross will look to Mark Lewis and crew at Audiohammer Studios in Florida to record the album, scheduled for release in summer 2013. Lewis, responsible for the production and/or engineering for bands such as The Black Dahlia Murder, Trivium, DevilDriver, and Deicide comments: "I can't wait to be a part of Battlecross' next record. From the moment I heard the band I knew I wanted to be a part of their development. Hearing the new music has only solidified that feeling. Working with our good friends at Metal Blade and bringing great new music to the masses is what it's all about."

Eyal Levy will handle engineering duties on the record and Armored Saint's Joey Vera, who mastered the band's cover version of Pantera's "Fucking Hostile", will also master this album.

Guitarist Hiran Deraniyagala said: "The band is stoked to be working with a prolific studio and producer at Audiohammer. We're so focused on making a killer follow up album and we feel that Mark Lewis will help bring our raw, live sound to life."

Metal Blade president Michael Faley commented: "2013 is destined to be big year for Battlecross starting with a tour with In Flames in February, followed by recording the new album with Mark Lewis in March and April. We have high expectations for the bands sophomore effort which will be released to coincide with a massive tour this summer (stay tuned for details). We are excited by the band's "non-stop" approach which has landed them on significant tours and support from Jose Mangin at Sirius XM Liquid Metal. Thanks for all the support from the metal community."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Battlecross
Posted: 29.01.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 16 users
30.01.2013 - 07:23
Kuroboshi

I love that picture! The singer is so small! Hilarious!
30.01.2013 - 17:31
Abattoir

Written by Kuroboshi on 30.01.2013 at 07:23

I love that picture! The singer is so small! Hilarious!

Funny thing here is, that the singer is the man in the red shirt

Hits total: 1686 | This month: 6