Metal Storm logo
Xandria - Announce New Bassist

Steven Wussow (Domain, Downspirit, Shylock) is the new bassist of German female fronted symphonic metal band Xandria, after the band parted ways with Nils Middelhauve last summer.

The band comments: "The name of the new Xandria bass player is Steven Wussow, and he will debut on stage with us in April and May when we are going to play Russia, Belarus, Argentina and Brazil. He is known for his work with bands like Domain, Shylock and Illectronic Rock, and we are thrilled to have found the candidate we had been chasing for over the past months. We are excited to start our upcoming live and recording endevours with Steven - because this year Xandria will also hit the studio again for the next album! Yes, as we said, this year will be a hell of a ride."

Statement from Steven: "On stage I feel at home and it's the streets where my heart is. Having passed a few lights and crossroads in my search, I am happy to finally have found my partners in crime I was looking for."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Xandria
Posted: 05.02.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 41 users
05.02.2013 - 13:56
mariano

I may have the chance to see them live and a new album is coming too, that's good news!
05.02.2013 - 16:48
CyberSymphony
Ollie
A new album? Already?? They better make something a bit more original this time.
05.02.2013 - 17:23
annodomini

Written by CyberSymphony on 05.02.2013 at 16:48

A new album? Already?? They better make something a bit more original this time.

As long as the songwriting is as good as on Neverworld, then they could keep the same way.
----
the riddle wants to be...
05.02.2013 - 17:41
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Written by annodomini on 05.02.2013 at 17:23

As long as the songwriting is as good as on Neverworld, then they could keep the same way.

Yea, probably their most solid and impressive album to date. Still, I liked the oriental/folk elements they used in previous albums which made them stand out.
Maybe something similar to that and their heavy, bombastic sound would be interesting.
05.02.2013 - 21:54
Ismarmlp

New album???? It's great!
05.02.2013 - 23:27
Anastasia

Written by Irritable Ted on 05.02.2013 at 22:24

Written by annodomini on 05.02.2013 at 17:23

My thoughts exactly. If it as good as the last album, I don't want a change. Nightwish don't sound like that any more, so someone needs to fill the gap.

This

Hits total: 1864 | This month: 5