Metal Storm logo
Site is slow in Firefox

07.02.2013 - 12:54
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am suffering from my firefox extremely slowing down lately when on MS (and exclusively just when on MS)...its kinda slow to scroll down the page, opening down more tabs with MS (used to do this for watching updated topics) almost kills my browser, also lot of youtube vids or images on one page is a problem now...

as i said (and i insist on that) i dont have such problems on other sites and forums (i can open like 10 tabs with metal archives for instance and no issues), just with MS now...any comments/suggestions for me?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.02.2013 - 13:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Site is slow some 3 months - half year sometimes , sometimes now, I use i net ex and well if I wanna open 10 tabs like news what I don when read news, it loads long time and well morning is fastesdt time so ... site is slow to me to
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.02.2013 - 18:19
Edmund Fogg

Probably have to do with the server. Changing broweser wouldn't change a thing, but if you're used to opening lots of tabs at the same time, I reccomend using Chrome. It's built especially for that.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
07.02.2013 - 18:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Edmund Fogg on 07.02.2013 at 18:19

Probably have to do with the server. Changing broweser wouldn't change a thing, but if you're used to opening lots of tabs at the same time, I reccomend using Chrome. It's built especially for that.

it dont works I tryd , for MA where I have 60 tabs open even 400 when I check out and save ''to listen'' bands it works, but same when MA is slow like now same problem
google has BIG minus in such cases --- i net ex if you acciently try shut it down ''do you wanna close current tab or all tabs'' i net asks
but google shut down all whit out and its pain in the ass open million tabs agan , so CTRL + W is best whit tabs
----

apos;'
[image]
07.02.2013 - 19:39
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I tried Chrome before, but i didnt used to it, so i got back to FF...might be not the best by performance, but good enough for me (except for MS now)
----

07.02.2013 - 19:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 07.02.2013 at 19:39

I tried Chrome before, but i didnt used to it, so i got back to FF...might be not the best by performance, but good enough for me (except for MS now)

I use google ch on Metal archives try open 20 tabs you will see it works
also on MS rebnation player dont shows up here om MS , whit google it does
+ I use google whit YT
----

apos;'
[image]
07.02.2013 - 20:49
Edmund Fogg

Written by Bad English on 07.02.2013 at 18:21

but google shut down all whit out and its pain in the ass open million tabs agan , so CTRL + W is best whit tabs

However, if one tab fucks up or bugs, it will only affect that one tab instead of the whole browser.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
07.02.2013 - 21:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Edmund Fogg on 07.02.2013 at 20:49

Written by Bad English on 07.02.2013 at 18:21

However, if one tab fucks up or bugs, it will only affect that one tab instead of the whole browser.

true i net fucks up and then one tab ... I need shut down whit ctr+alt+del all but good it comes beck whit restor option
----

apos;'
[image]
19.02.2013 - 14:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Now i see it works considerably faster in FireFox on school's computer...i wonder whats wrong with my home laptop then...because i dont have any other issues...
----

19.02.2013 - 15:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 19.02.2013 at 14:15

Now i see it works considerably faster in FireFox on school's computer...i wonder whats wrong with my home laptop then...because i dont have any other issues...

how old is your laptop maybe your i net is slower at home
----

apos;'
[image]
19.02.2013 - 15:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Yes, my home internet is much slower (realized it when sending 5mb email today ind school and it was done almost instantly, not like my DSL 25kb/s upload ), but i feel no real problem using other sites, streaming videos, downloading files or even online gaming...so why is Metalstorm so special, that my laptop cant handle it?
----

19.02.2013 - 15:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 19.02.2013 at 15:12

Yes, my home internet is much slower (realized it when sending 5mb email today ind school and it was done almost instantly, not like my DSL 25kb/s upload ), but i feel no real problem using other sites, streaming videos, downloading files or even online gaming...so why is Metalstorm so special, that my laptop cant handle it?

in school we have fats i ney 120gb , but even ''new'' PC mix whit some kind 1998 versions of PC what cant handle almost nothing , one act one time only way to handle MS, but home I have new one, no problems
Last 2-3 weeks MS is working faster to me
----

apos;'
[image]