10. Don't Turn Your Back...
11. Cold Sweat [Thin Lizzy cover]
12. All I Want [limited edition bonus] [Japanese bonus]
13. A House Divided [limited edition bonus] [Japanese bonus]
14. Symphony Of Destruction [Live in Pomona, CA] [Japanese bonus]

Staff review by
BitterCOld
Rating:
So MegadavE is back with album 14 now (Jebus, really, that many? I stopped paying attention after The Black Alb?Countdown To Disappointment about 20 years ago!), entitled Supercollider.

It seems across the interw3b there have been a lot of super-deriders, but the band is of significant enough stature that we really should review them and since no one else at Metal Storm Towers was chomping at the bit, I figured I'd take this on as a change of pace from Slavic doom.

Read more ››
published 02.06.2013 | Comments (65)

Found in 28 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 120   Visited by: 1612 users
12.02.2013 - 18:09
Rating: 6
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
The title's originality has rendered me amazed by the level of Mustaine's creativity, he is truly god. Can't wait for this.
12.02.2013 - 18:37
Lit.
Account deleted
Well, I will definately say I wasn't expecting a name like that.
12.02.2013 - 20:43
elseif
Let's hope for the best.
13.02.2013 - 00:39
Guib
Thrash Talker
Why am I not excited at all ?
And with such a title... beware you guys
might be surprised by the lyrics, may not be what everyone expects
Oh wait what am I saying, of course it is going to be.

-_-
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.02.2013 - 13:47
R'Vannith
ghedengi
elite
For science Megadave, for science!
24.02.2013 - 18:01
head banger
Excited about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave with his new style \m/ _/\_ \m/
28.02.2013 - 19:23
Rating: 7
Necdilzor
I hope we get some great songs and badass solos.
04.03.2013 - 00:24
TrollandDie
It's a more fitting name for a Gamma Ray album tbh.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
07.03.2013 - 18:53
Daniel Ryan
No Doubt
\ M /
22.04.2013 - 02:12
Iron Nostarion
Maiden Whore
This is going to sound like a very slight step-up from TH1RT3EN....... at its best. Not that excited.
----
To their tombs the people are immured,
There is their gold, treasure and wealth,
The only condition is to ignore them,
Those who feed on corruption and weave death
22.04.2013 - 18:39
Rating: 5
Rulatore
New song is shit... and I mean, it's really bad.
22.04.2013 - 18:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's hilariously awful.
22.04.2013 - 19:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite

wow, just wow, this is sooo bad. Megadeth tries to sound like totally crap Guns and Roses here. My God, I have tears in my eyes of pure laughter. This is better than the best comedy show ever.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.04.2013 - 20:05
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
Risk sounds like a masterpiece compared to this...
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.04.2013 - 20:37
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Darkside Momo on 22.04.2013 at 20:05

Well, let's just put it this way, several of the songs on Risk blow "Super Collider" (the song) out of the water, which I think just about says it all really. And Dave always tried to blame Marty for that album ("Risk") but I never bought that for one second. At least 2 or 3 songs on Risk had a bit of edge to them, this song is just insipid, and doesn't even work as a mainstream rock song, as it has nothing even resembling a hook, and isn't catchy at all. "13" was a disappointing album overall, but if this song is anything to go by, that album will be a classic in comparison. I just hope this song isn't an indicator of the album's sound as a whole, or it could end up being Megadeth's worst album yet. Very poor stuff.
22.04.2013 - 21:16
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha

Infact, 13 sounds like a masterpiece compared to this...
24.04.2013 - 14:26
Rating: 2
Windir
New song super collider sucks hard... an absolute crap!
26.04.2013 - 14:25
John Shock
Written by Windir on 24.04.2013 at 14:26

New song super collider sucks hard... an absolute crap!

+1 ... sounds like good crap to spend money with...
18.05.2013 - 19:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Well, here's another new song, "Kingmaker":

It is a lot better than the lame title track, but then that wouldn't be very difficult! It's not classic Megadeth, but I was fearing the worst after the title track, this one isn't bad at all...
18.05.2013 - 20:28
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Angelic Storm on 18.05.2013 at 19:10

Well, here's another new song, "Kingmaker":

It is a lot better than the lame title track, but then that wouldn't be very difficult! It's not classic Megadeth, but I was fearing the worst after the title track, this one isn't bad at all...

Yeah s'alright
18.05.2013 - 21:47
Dedcalm
Account deleted

I dont mind Super Collider, but I must admit King maker is much better. Personally i loved Risk, and 13. Didn't think much of Endgame.
19.05.2013 - 06:17
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Guest on 18.05.2013 at 21:47

I dont mind Super Collider, but I must admit King maker is much better. Personally i loved Risk, and 13. Didn't think much of Endgame.

It is opposite day....
19.05.2013 - 06:42
Dedcalm
Account deleted
Written by JÄY on 19.05.2013 at 06:17

Written by Guest on 18.05.2013 at 21:47

It is opposite day....

No. I just have a mind of my own.
19.05.2013 - 06:45
Dedcalm
Account deleted
I hated Cryptic Writings too.
27.05.2013 - 22:02
Rating: 3
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Absolutely terrible. Fucking quit already.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
28.05.2013 - 02:55
Migtanteot
I do like Kingmaker...It´s pure of megadeth´s power...and 13 is the greatest song. The whole album is part of the evolution of the band
28.05.2013 - 07:44
drf1223
On first spin, very bland album. Sounds unrefined for most part. "Kingmaker", "Dance in the Rain" and "The Blackest Crow" are the only outstanding tracks, and even then, they pale next to Megadeth's potential.
28.05.2013 - 08:08
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Just finished listening to the whole album, and it would be hard to say I'm disappointed, as my expectations for this one were very low but... with most of Megadeth's other albums, regardless of quality, it was still easy to tell what Dave was trying to achieve at the time of those albums' releases. With this one, I'm at a bit of a loss to think of what Dave was aiming for with this release? Acceptance from Christian rock radio perhaps? :\

I'm someone who quite enjoys the 90's, post-RIP Megadeth material, yet most of the songs on this album are simply cold and flat. "Dance In The Rain" is a genuinely interesting song however, with a great melodic pull, a very good solo, and a weird last minute or so! The end section of the song features a thrash riff (I think the only one on the entire album), but accented with a weird drum pattern, and a production that gives it an industrial flavour, which is highlighted all the more by David Draiman's vocals. But, love it or hate it, this song at least is one that will make most people sit up and take notice (be that in a positive or a negative way), which is unlike most of the rest of the album, that's for sure.

Oh... and some of the lyrics on this album are absolutely awful, even by Dave's very low recent standards in that department. I mean, "burn baby burn, and it feels so good! Burn baby burn, like I knew it would!" and this total "gem": "Built for war - What do you think your fists are for?".... just ridiculous stuff!

I'm not quite sure whether this is Megadeth's worst album yet, I'll decide after another listen or two, but there is precious little here to excite and genuinely engage the listener, that's for sure.
28.05.2013 - 10:03
Rating: 1
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
WORST SHIT I HAVE HEARD in the past few years, (with exception of Burzum new shit) .. Dve mstine ,, fk u!! let jesus christ save you from falling off the edge!
28.05.2013 - 13:13
Rating: 1
DeathSlyzer
Written by Angelic Storm on 28.05.2013 at 08:08

Just finished listening to the whole album, and it would be hard to say I'm disappointed, as my expectations for this one were very low but... with most of Megadeth's other albums, regardless of quality, it was still easy to tell what Dave was trying to achieve at the time of those albums' releases. With this one, I'm at a bit of a loss to think of what Dave was aiming for with this release? Acceptance from Christian rock radio perhaps? :\

I'm someone who quite enjoys the 90's, post-RIP Megadeth material, yet most of the songs on this album are simply cold and flat. "Dance In The Rain" is a genuinely interesting song however, with a great melodic pull, a very good solo, and a weird last minute or so! The end section of the song features a thrash riff (I think the only one on the entire album), but accented with a weird drum pattern, and a production that gives it an industrial flavour, which is highlighted all the more by David Draiman's vocals. But, love it or hate it, this song at least is one that will make most people sit up and take notice (be that in a positive or a negative way), which is unlike most of the rest of the album, that's for sure.

Oh... and some of the lyrics on this album are absolutely awful, even by Dave's very low recent standards in that department. I mean, "burn baby burn, and it feels so good! Burn baby burn, like I knew it would!" and this total "gem": "Built for war - What do you think your fists are for?".... just ridiculous stuff!

I'm not quite sure whether this is Megadeth's worst album yet, I'll decide after another listen or two, but there is precious little here to excite and genuinely engage the listener, that's for sure.

My thoughts exactly. I felt most of the album was dull, and generic. I was also tempted going "zzzzz" a lot of the tiem. Especially in The Beginning of Sorrow. Damn. That song must be one of the most boring songs I've ever heard. I too did not have high expectations for this album, and still I'm dissapointed. I really hoped Dave could do better than this, but appearantly, he's lost his musical intelligence as well.

EDIT: And I almost forgot. You know what he said on his facebook a while back? "I've never cared more for singing than I do on this record". What the..... Now that is bullcrap. It sounds like he doesn't care about singing AT ALL on this album. I thought the vocal melodies for Th1rt3en was bad, but they too could get worse. I mean, the verse of Built For War? Come on! He sounds almost as uninspired as Lou Reed did on Lulu. And that's saying something.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?

Hits total: 30226 | This month: 75