Metal Storm logo
Hellfest Open Air 2013 - Final Announcement

156 bands have now been revealed from the total 160 that will play in Clisson, France this coming June for the Hellfest Open Air 2013.

First, Def Leppard will make a big come back in France after 17 years of absence as a headliner for the first day of the festival.

Other band additions: Europe, Lordi, Morbid Angel, NOFX, Treponem Pal, Belphegor, Hell Militia, Prong, Masters Of Reality, High On Fire, P.O.D. and Vektor.

Unlike it was reported in some news, Alice In Chains will not play at Hellfest. The band had to cancel their European summer tour. Furthermore, Walking Papers (featuring Duff McKagan, ex Guns N' Roses) have also decided to cancel their participation.

Hellfest will have 6 stages: 17 bands per day including headliners will play on the two main external stages Mainstage 1 and Mainstage 2. A double tent will host two other stages with 18 bands per day. One of them is called The Altar and will offer the best death metal and grindcore acts. The other one is called The Temple and it is on this stage that pagan and black metal bands will play. Under The Valley tent you will find the 5th stage, where you can enjoy 9 bands every day playing stoner, doom, sludge, psychedelic and other alternative metal. Finally, 9 bands per day will also perform at The Warzone which will be dedicated to punk and hardcore.

You can now see the bill details day per day and how bands are organized by stages at this location.

The 2013 Hellfest edition will take place next 21-23rd June in Clisson, France. The 3-day pass costs ?160 (+booking fee) and the 1 day tickets sales are now open as well. Get your tickets here.

Source: hellfest.fr
Event: Hellfest Open Air 2013
Posted: 16.02.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 115 users
16.02.2013 - 13:57
Darkside Momo
Retired
elite
As usual this year, some good stuff, some horrondous too.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
16.02.2013 - 17:18
unswabbed
Maybe the best open air festival this year, Def Leppard come back after 17 years and they will play the same show they play in March-April in Las Vegas. But who will be the headliner of Mainstage 1 on sunday ? Volbeat isn't big enough to be headlining.
16.02.2013 - 18:17
Paulius
Metal? Where?
16.02.2013 - 19:40
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
Written by Paulius on 16.02.2013 at 18:17

Metal? Where?

+1
Really upset about this Hellfest. Perhaps my last if they have decided to take this way
16.02.2013 - 20:32
Chidder
It's weird to see ZZ Top, Def Leppard or Europe on Hellfest line-up. It's not like they're bad - they are great. But they are not metal and Hellfest was always a metal festival.
16.02.2013 - 21:50
Rulatore
If ProgPower Metal Fest can get Behemoth, why Hellfest can't have ZZ Top ?
16.02.2013 - 23:29
jian
Written by Paulius on 16.02.2013 at 18:17

Metal? Where?

same here...this looks like glam metal comeback..
..but maybe high on fire will burn that gel out...

Hits total: 2909 | This month: 6