Metal Storm logo
Beowulf & Grendel

Original post

Posted by Ernis, 09.12.2006 - 00:19
It's a fine film it is....I love its scenery and the colouring....The actors are good and the costumes are grand as well.....
The cast includes Gerard Butler, Sarah Polley(nice nice nice), Stellan Skarsgard and Ingvar Sigurdsson etc.....

Shot in Iceland....so...you have a chance to enjoy the marvellous nature...
What more to say.....this is the newest version of Beowulf....and it is wondrous also because it doesn't show the antagonist as a "just-another-ooky-monstrosity-who-kills-people" but as a much more normal, wiser and friendly person.....with a soul.....

Sarah Polley is a beautiful lady she is.....

If anyone's seen it....share your emotions.....
03.12.2007 - 17:21
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Written by Ernis on 02.12.2007 at 23:57

I forgot....anyone knew that Grendel's mom wore high heels?

you mean these?

Ah, you dare and ask? Heels were totally the fashion 3000 years ago, especially if you live in the lake, and I thought everyone know that :

My guess was they thought they'd make her even "sexier" with heels vs walking barefooted,
naked? yes, but barefooted, the horror!
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
03.12.2007 - 18:55
Ernis
狼獾
Well yeh...now I recall the queen of Egypt Hatshepsut wearing high heel boots....but Beowulf was set in the year 507...or was it 407?
04.12.2007 - 01:33
ylside

Beowulf is set in the 6th century A.D.
God I'm so not watching that 2007 version.

Anyway Beowulf and Grendel was good, Iceland's geography is BEAUTIFUL... I read the movie's plot is a bit different from the poem and all. And just what the fuck is that American accent doing there ?? (Salma) and I don't think there was any "Fuck" or "Bloody" expession back in the 5th century. Beside the dialogues, beautiful movie that made me dream quite a lot.
04.12.2007 - 12:26
Ernis
狼獾
The 2007 version also had epic landscapes...altho computer animated...and they looked sort of Harry Potterish....lol
04.12.2007 - 18:02
GT
Coffee!!
I'm looking forward to see the 'old' version of the movie after seeing you praising it Frodo...thinking about seeing the new one first and then the old to have an opportunity to compare the two and not be to biased towards the old
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
09.12.2007 - 22:14
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i have right returned from the cinema...damn this film ROCKS !!! what have you all against it?

i will not cry if Angelina wont be there but the rest? great fcking epic awesome !!! more movies like these
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

10.12.2007 - 19:00
Ernis
狼獾
Epic? The plot sucked major balls....and all in all this "epic" thing means that the film is stupid, pointless, has lottsa cash invested into it, the acting is horribly silly, the special effects look so cheap that it feels like watching a computer game and the events in film are irrelevant/implausible/predictable....

Preferring this computer flick to the older film is like preferring just another Spanish language US telenovela to a modest but very true-to-life and serious drama....

Lord Of The Rings and 300 are few exceptions....they are original and good...but the number of films trying to copy the "epic" style has made the field of this genre empty and pale and pointless....they are too repeating and in the desperate attempts to beat the predecessors in "epicness" the plots and productions become more and more brainless....

Two more films of fantasy genre are grand...."Bholcodabh" and "Stardust"....these films are closer to the older style and they also lack desperately artificial special effects and instead of the epic attitude the personalities are more human and true to life....
10.12.2007 - 19:27
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
now i only wonder if we both are speaking about this 2007 animated version probably not (according to title of the topic which belongs to the 2005 version) and it is my bad then...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

11.12.2007 - 01:16
slowdeathchick

aye okay i've heard a lot about how awesome the movie is, but what i wanna know is: How closely does it follow the poem?
----
The past defines the future, but sometimes you must leave something behind to be able to grow.

Gaahl
11.12.2007 - 01:31
Ernis
狼獾
@Slowdeathchick....the animation thing's poor....and an answer to your question is...it is LOOSELY based on the poem....
11.12.2007 - 01:38
slowdeathchick

gah! alright screw that then. thanks for the heads up
----
The past defines the future, but sometimes you must leave something behind to be able to grow.

Gaahl
14.12.2007 - 11:46
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I really wanted to see Beowulf.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
14.12.2007 - 12:04
GT
Coffee!!
Just watched this film yesterday...wasn't impressed by it. The acting wasn't especially good, the story was ok but the landscapes were beautiful...wish we actually had landscapes like that in Denmark!! Now I just have to watch the new one to compare the two
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep