Metal Storm logo
Masterplan - Upcoming Album Artwork Unveiled

German power metallers Masterplan have unveiled the artwork that will grace their upcoming new album which will be called Novum Initium (new beginning) and successor to Time To Be King. You can take a look at it below and see what you think about it.

Masterplan will release Novum Initium on April 26th via AFM Records. The band filmed last month a video for the new song "Keep Your Dream Alive" in the Luftverteidigungsbunker Erndtebrück, also called "Bunker Erich".

More should be revealed about the album in the coming weeks but it will feature the new members: vocalist Rick Altzi (At Vance, Thunderstone), who replaced Jørn Lande, new bass player Jari Kainulainen (ex-Stratovarius/Evergrey) and drummer Martin "Marthus" ?karoupka (Cradle Of Filth, Inner Fear).

Guitarist/band leader Roland Grapow recently stated: "The last years have not been easy for Masterplan. Because of several factors, we have been unable to play festivals and tours ? even though we had plenty of offers. But this will definitely change now. I'm very happy to welcome Rick and Jari on board now. Beside their undoubted musical qualities, they both fit perfectly into our team. We feel a huge motivation to get things going now. 2013 will be see a new Masterplan album, several festivals and a tour! It's time to return with full force."

Source: masterplan-theband.com
Band profile: Masterplan
Posted: 03.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 127 users
03.03.2013 - 19:06
Nemo Atkins

I'm surprised they didn't call it MK III.

This will be interesting, to say the least.
03.03.2013 - 19:27
Akula

So, when the new name for the band?: Roland Grapow´s Project.
03.03.2013 - 23:55
Patrick.

I think this is going to be great. Rick Altzi, although perhaps not as magical a vocalist as Jørn, is certainly a great singer (for "proof", listen to the newest albums by At Vance and Herman Frank). Plus Roland is a master songwriter and he's maintained the band's identity from the start with nothing but excellent albums so far (imho). I'm excited about this!
04.03.2013 - 00:00
renai

Woa.. I am not aware Jorn is not there anymore. Actually respect that band for the singer and Roland. Hopefully this continue good, but the artwork seems too digital and ...less power metal.
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
04.03.2013 - 09:07
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Cover art looks like a twisted pisces sun sign.

Hits total: 2864 | This month: 3