Metal Storm logo
Tribute to Metalstorm

Original post

Posted by theFIST, 04.03.2013 - 03:33
Thread for posting any material that might be used on the planned compilation/collaboration album made by various metal storm users

EDIT 1:
bandcamp page http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com/
EDIT 2:
cover artwork competition http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=44897
EDIT 3:
due to there having been no cover artwork submissions i deleted that thread, painted a suggestion and posted it in this thread
EDIT 4:
poll for the release date of the second compilation http://www.metalstorm.net/forum/topic.php?topic_id=49711
03.09.2013 - 19:52
ANGEL REAPER

Yeah hopefully we will end up with 6-8 tracks ....
btw is October 31st still the deadline?
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
03.09.2013 - 20:31
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Yep, it sounds good. Of course we can extend it if somebody wants to contribute and needs more time, but let's keep that date to have a goal at least.
03.09.2013 - 20:46
ANGEL REAPER

No i just forgot the date for deadline ... i believe that i will record final version of my track till the end of this month since i am just days away from buying a guitar processor pedal.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
13.10.2013 - 02:17
InnerSelf
proofread free
Sorry guys, told you that my track was ready but I will not be able to record anything due to "technical difficulties".
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
14.10.2013 - 06:10
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Ok then, I declare this project officially dead I am still doing my track for myself anyway, at least now I have more time to work on the mix.
14.10.2013 - 15:31
theFIST

Written by InnerSelf on 13.10.2013 at 02:17

Sorry guys, told you that my track was ready but I will not be able to record anything due to "technical difficulties".

sorry about that
do you need more time?
can you do a rough recording and publish the final version later?
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
14.10.2013 - 15:32
theFIST

Written by Unhealer on 14.10.2013 at 06:10

Ok then, I declare this project officially dead I am still doing my track for myself anyway, at least now I have more time to work on the mix.

well i was still working on it
do you want a different release date?
----
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
14.10.2013 - 16:18
ANGEL REAPER

I might shift the tracks ...i intended full blown old school bm track but i had few setbacks so i would probably give you a instrumental (power metal-ish) track.Is that OK?(its a good track)
----
14.10.2013 - 21:57
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by theFIST on 14.10.2013 at 15:32

well i was still working on it
do you want a different release date?

I'm too, as I said. I'll let you know if I'm not satisfied with what I achieved by October 31th, but if it'll be only two songs I see no purpose to this really... even with three it's kinda forced already.
16.10.2013 - 11:07
Grey Wind

I will be happy to join if you guys will still do this
(= though I still need vocals for my song (found some people, so hopefully it will work out)
----
wimps and posers leave the hall lol
16.10.2013 - 11:25
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Grey Wind on 16.10.2013 at 11:07

(= though I still need vocals for my song (found some people, so hopefully it will work out)

did you finally find anyone ? on MS ? great then
----
The Fangirl.
16.10.2013 - 22:33
Grey Wind

Written by angel. on 16.10.2013 at 11:25

Written by Grey Wind on 16.10.2013 at 11:07

did you finally find anyone ? on MS ? great then

Yeah, but didn't you say you wanted to help yourself? if you can record vocals just tell me, and I'll send you a song to work on.
----
30.10.2013 - 19:54
theFIST

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 14.10.2013 at 16:18

I might shift the tracks ...i intended full blown old school bm track but i had few setbacks so i would probably give you a instrumental (power metal-ish) track.Is that OK?(its a good track)

i really enjoyed the demo recordings of your original song, but of course it"s up to you what you want to include

anyways, the time to either upload the .wav or, in case someone needs it, request a later release date is approaching
----
31.10.2013 - 00:10
ANGEL REAPER

Written by theFIST on 30.10.2013 at 19:54

i really enjoyed the demo recordings of your original song, but of course it"s up to you what you want to include

anyways, the time to either upload the .wav or, in case someone needs it, request a later release date is approaching

seems like i will breach the date.i have several major seat-backs (of personal nature).if i make something by the end of this week i will notify you.otherwise dont count on me
----
31.10.2013 - 00:50
theFIST

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 31.10.2013 at 00:10

seems like i will breach the date.i have several major seat-backs (of personal nature).if i make something by the end of this week i will notify you.otherwise dont count on me

sorry about that
----
31.10.2013 - 11:04
ANGEL REAPER

Written by theFIST on 31.10.2013 at 00:50

sorry about that

however i have one instrumental track made for my other project ... if my intentions fail you may use it if you want it :
https://soundcloud.com/angel-reaper/dynamo
----
31.10.2013 - 11:41
theFIST

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 31.10.2013 at 11:04

sorry about that

however i have one instrumental track made for my other project ... if my intentions fail you may use it if you want it :

thank you, sounds quite good, will do in that case
still i hope for you that you can resolve your issues
anyways, you uploaded a great instrumental version of the track you originally wanted to use on july 23, i"d say you could simply record your unique vocals over that and you"d have it
----
31.10.2013 - 20:25
ANGEL REAPER

Written by theFIST on 31.10.2013 at 11:41

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 31.10.2013 at 11:04

sorry about that

thank you, sounds quite good, will do in that case
still i hope for you that you can resolve your issues
anyways, you uploaded a great instrumental version of the track you originally wanted to use on july 23, i"d say you could simply record your unique vocals over that and you"d have it

ok i might do that (though i made track on shitty equipment and i really wanted to make it sound better)...just i need to fix this damn mic first ...so if i make a track till sunday than we will use that track.if not use this instrumental .PM me for link...
----
10.11.2013 - 23:22
theFIST

Considering noone posted in the cover artwork thread i made an acrylic painting and am suggesting using that as the cover
will upload it to the bandcamp page if you are ok with it
----
10.11.2013 - 23:35
ANGEL REAPER

Thats one fine painting there. Of course i am for it as cover.
----
11.11.2013 - 00:42
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I like it! But I insist, don't call this "Tornadoes Of Darkness", I still think it's a pathetic title.
11.11.2013 - 00:56
theFIST

Written by Unhealer on 11.11.2013 at 00:42

I like it! But I insist, don't call this "Tornadoes Of Darkness", I still think it's a pathetic title.

thank you
what would you prefer as a title?

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 10.11.2013 at 23:35

Thats one fine painting there. Of course i am for it as cover.

thank you very much
----
11.11.2013 - 02:47
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Tornadoes Of Darkness is quite possibly the worst title ever. When was that ever in the cards

Anywho, I have nothing constructive to post, so good day.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
11.11.2013 - 05:58
Grey Wind

Really cool painting
----
11.11.2013 - 14:23
theFIST

Written by Grey Wind on 11.11.2013 at 05:58

Really cool painting

thank you
----
11.11.2013 - 15:47
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by theFIST on 11.11.2013 at 00:56

thank you

I don't know... if you want to keep the "Storm" topic we could just consider every synonym there is and take the best one. Tornado reminds me a lot to Sharknado and "...of darkness" sounds like something a five year old would have added.
11.11.2013 - 15:59
ANGEL REAPER

What about Technical Difficulties ?
----
11.11.2013 - 16:51
theFIST

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 11.11.2013 at 15:59

What about Technical Difficulties ?

interesting title, but i think that would require a different album cover
----
11.11.2013 - 17:21
theFIST

Written by Unhealer on 11.11.2013 at 15:47

Written by theFIST on 11.11.2013 at 00:56

thank you

I don't know... if you want to keep the "Storm" topic we could just consider every synonym there is and take the best one. Tornado reminds me a lot to Sharknado and "...of darkness" sounds like something a five year old would have added.

would you be ok with calling it Hurricanes?
----
11.11.2013 - 17:57
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by theFIST on 11.11.2013 at 17:21

would you be ok with calling it Hurricanes?

What about Tempest? Maelstrom probably sounds better, but since that one is water-based, doesn't make sense with the cover