Metal Storm logo
Leprous - New Album Complete, Title Announced

Prepare yourself for new prog coming this May because Leprous have officially completed the work on their new album and successor to Bilateral. The new album is entitled Coal and it will be released on May 20th, 2013 in Europe and May 28th, 2013 in North America via InsideOut.

Leprous singer/synth-player Einar Solberg comments on the release as follows: "With our upcoming album Coal I feel we are one step closer to a personal expression. Heidi Solberg Tveitan and Vegard Tveitan of Mnemosyne were the producers of this album, together with Leprous. They helped us a lot with reaching the full potential of the songs, and the album would not be equally good without their expertise. Jens Bogren and Tony Lindgren @ Fascination Street Studios mixed the material and have made this album shine like nobody else could.

I see less interest in defining music than in creating music, but I will give a short overview on what to expect... Coal is a more melancholic and darker album than the more playful Bilateral. By darker I don't mean more aggressive, but more severe. There is still a big range in the dynamics, but no jumping between different moods within a song. We cannot wait to show this album to the world!"

Additionally, Leprous are currently announcing a long full European headlining tour for October and November of 2013. Follow the dates revealed on the band's Facebook page.

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Leprous
Posted: 12.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 88 users
12.03.2013 - 13:14
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Was disappointed when I read this yesterday; I quite enjoyed the band's eclectic personality. Hopefully the album will prove me wrong :S
12.03.2013 - 14:06
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
Written by LeKiwi on 12.03.2013 at 13:14

Was disappointed when I read this yesterday; I quite enjoyed the band's eclectic personality. Hopefully the album will prove me wrong :S

Agreed, his description of the album is not exactly making me feel good about this release.
12.03.2013 - 14:46
mz
Cool. I would be pleased of they go for a darker sound and think this could be even better that bilateral.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
12.03.2013 - 15:03
Kuroboshi
OMG OMG OMG. I'm interested in this new direction! Whatever they touch turns golden, so hopefully it will be awesome.
12.03.2013 - 15:30
Fredd
Account deleted
Wheeeeeeeeee i haz a happy
12.03.2013 - 18:46
DrM
DreaMutilated
Rein Blomquist (bass) is missing in the press release, when asked in their Facebook page (on multiple occasions) they seem to ignore it.
12.03.2013 - 19:15
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by DrM on 12.03.2013 at 18:46

Rein Blomquist (bass) is missing in the press release, when asked in their Facebook page (on multiple occasions) they seem to ignore it.

Did he leave the band?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
12.03.2013 - 19:34
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by BloodTears on 12.03.2013 at 19:15

Did he leave the band?

Maybe Halvor returns?
I wish if they would do more from the Tall Poppy Syndrome material... I still love that album. Bilateral was kind of meh.
----
13.03.2013 - 17:23
DrM
DreaMutilated
Written by BloodTears on 12.03.2013 at 19:15

Did he leave the band?

I'm pretty sure I saw him on the bass when they were in Israel last month. Not sure though, was too drunk to really pay attention.

Pogoing with Einar was fun though.

Hits total: 3879 | This month: 6