Metal Storm logo
Murmur - Sign With Season Of Mist

Official press release statement:

Season Of Mist is proud to announce the signing of Murmur! The American experimental black metal band has just been added to the Underground Activists division. With the release of their fierce and utterly disturbing debut, Mainlining The Lugubrious in 2010, more accolades followed before the band embarked on an even stranger but no less frightening musical journey on a split EP with Nachtmystium the following year.

"We are extremely excited to be working with Season of Mist, and to have the opportunity to reach a wider audience", guitarist Matthias Vogels comments. "Murmur started as a depressive black metal project with the debut Mainlining The Lugubrious, but after a pretty significant line-up change as well as a strong desire to satisfy my eclectic musical tastes, Murmur has mutated into a fusion of black metal with progressive rock, zeuhl, and 1970's style jazz fusion. We continue to grow and mutate our sound with every new piece. For a long time I thought we were trying to find our niche with all the experimentation, but it seems to me that our niche is not having one at all. Murmur's future goals are to continue writing and release another full-length within the next 1-2 years. Another major goal is to embark on US and European tours."

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Murmur
Posted: 12.03.2013 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 34 users
12.03.2013 - 20:45
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Wow Season of Mist is on a roll these days Just hope they won't change much of the band's sounds
12.03.2013 - 22:31
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Lol I thought that said *Murmuüre for a second and nearly had a heart attack. And speaking of Nachtmystium, does anyone know whatever happened to the split they were supposed to do with Glorior Belli? Saw that news up on here last year on both band's pages, and then it got taken down for some reason
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII

Hits total: 2091 | This month: 4