Metal Storm logo
Cathedral - Streaming New Single, Album Cover Unveiled

Doom greats Cathedral have officially revealed the album cover of their farewell album, The Last Spire, and also released the first single for streaming, the song "Tower Of Silence". Feast your eyes on the cover below and ears on the song.

The Last Spire will be released in North America on April 30th, 2013 via Metal Blade and Rise Above Records releases it on April 29th in Europe. It was recorded at Orgone Studios in London, produced by Lee Dorrian and Garry Jennings with assistance, mixing by Jamie Gomez Arellano, and art by Dave Patchett and Arik Roper. More album details here.

Lee Dorrian adds: "When the last mix was finally done, there was a massive sense of relief. I think this was partly due to the fact that it meant Cathedral could finally be put to rest but also because we felt we'd done something that we were all very pleased with. I feel comfortable leaving The Last Spire as our legacy." Dorrian continues, "The funeral of Cathedral has been a long but gratifying process. Deciding to end the band wasn't an easy decision to make but we knew deep down in our hearts that it was the right thing to do."

Cathedral released their first new recorded material in three years exclusively via Decibel Magazine's subscriber-only Decibel Flexi Series. The song "Vengeance Of The Blind Dead", can still be heard over here.

The Last Spire tracklist:

01. Entrance To Hell
02. Pallbearer
03. Cathedral Of The Damned
04. Tower Of Silence
05. Infestation Of Grey Death
06. An Observation
07. The Last Laugh
08. This Body, Thy Tomb

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Cathedral
Posted: 13.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 90 users
13.03.2013 - 19:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The cover art is disappointing un-Cathedral like. Song wasn't anything special. Heavy though. Should please haters of the last album.
13.03.2013 - 21:34
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Haven't listened to the song yet but I like the album cover.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
14.03.2013 - 03:02
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
14.03.2013 - 11:15
necros4dead

Pretty nice song,ultra heavy...
Great artwork and fantastic inner sleeve like Forest and Ethereal Mirror...
I
----
Lost In The Battlefield Of Opposite Extremes...
14.03.2013 - 18:17
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Of course there was going to be more art inside, it is Dave Patchett and Cathedral after all.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

16.03.2013 - 04:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 13.03.2013 at 19:48

The cover art is disappointing un-Cathedral like.

not entirely. first thing i thought of was the Soul Sacrifice EP/the two Cathedral shirts I've owned. just a bit more "snarky" version.

not as cool as their traditional artwork, but not terribly far out there.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.03.2013 - 05:06
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by BitterCOld on 16.03.2013 at 04:28

Written by Guest on 13.03.2013 at 19:48

The cover art is disappointing un-Cathedral like.

not entirely. first thing i thought of was the Soul Sacrifice EP/the two Cathedral shirts I've owned. just a bit more "snarky" version.

not as cool as their traditional artwork, but not terribly far out there.

That's where my link takes you. Soul Sacrifice.

Hits total: 3195 | This month: 12