Metal Storm logo
Napalm Death - Special One-Off Performance With Artist Keith Harrison

Napalm Death are embarking on a unique experience which merges ceramic art and music. The legendary grindcore outfit will collaborate with ceramic artist Keith Harrison in a one-off performance at the renowned V&A in London on March 22nd, 2013 starting at 7:30pm UK time. The band will play a special live set through an experimental sculptural sound system constructed by Harrison. Clad with ceramic tiles, the structures will potentially disintegrate as the performance progresses.

Mark "Barney" Greenway, vocalist of Napalm Death, states: "Sound as a weapon - or a weapon of change - is a very interesting concept and I think that the whole process of our sound gradually degrading clay sculptures is captivating. The noise element of music should never be understated and this exhibition at the V&A will hopefully demonstrate that music can do interesting things beyond the realms of clipped production techniques. On a personal level, particularly of interest to me is the fact that the sculptor Keith grew up around the very same area as me in Great Barr, Birmingham, and basing his sculptures around the tower blocks in that area brings back a lot of quirky memories mixed with the impressions of shameful deprivation in some of those places."

Keith Harrison, V&A Ceramics Resident comments: "My interest in Napalm Death started in the late eighties when as a teenager in Birmingham I would listen to John Peel's evening radio show when they would appear out of nowhere in jaw dropping fashion, sometimes for no more than a few seconds. The raw, uncompromising energy of Napalm Death will be used to activate a set of three specially created ceramic sound systems based on the group of vivid blue and yellow tiled tower blocks on the Bustleholm Mill estate, West Bromwich where I was born. I wanted to invite Napalm Death to collaborate with me for this live performance at the Museum for the last of a series of Disruptions I have worked on throughout my residency."

Booking information:
  • Tickets are free, but limited.
  • To book, visit the V&A website
  • Or call the Bookings Office on +44 (0)20 7942 2211
  • Tickets for this performance must be collected in person from the V&A on 22 March; 15.00 - 18.30 Tickets not collected will become available as returns.

More info about Keith Harrison and this very special event can be found here.

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: Napalm Death
  • Posted: 14.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 3   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 35 users
    15.03.2013 - 02:30
    Lit.
    Account deleted
    No idea who the fuck that is.
    23.03.2013 - 14:09
    !J.O.O.E.!
    Account deleted
    Written by Guest on 15.03.2013 at 02:30

Napalm Death. They play progressive power metal.
    23.03.2013 - 18:55
    Lit.
    Account deleted
    Written by Guest on 23.03.2013 at 14:09

Written by Guest on 15.03.2013 at 02:30

Napalm Death. They play progressive power metal.

Thank you, Mr. Sarcasm.
    I was talking about Keith Harrison.

Hits total: 2934 | This month: 6