Metal Storm logo
Mayhem - New Album Completed

Norwegian black metallers Mayhem have finished recording their new album, "Ordo Ad Chao".

Guitarist Blasphemer (aka Rune Erickson) comments: "The sound is raw and powerful, and listening to it, it reminds me of the Wolf's Lair Abyss era, only more varied and more philosophical. The album also contains the most aggressive songs in the Mayhem history as well as the most wicked and darkest."

"Ordo Ad Chao" is tentatively scheduled for release in April, 2007 via Season Of Mist. The album will initially be avaialble in very exclusive packaging.

Source: thetruemayhem.com
Band profile: Mayhem
Posted: 11.12.2006 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 3 users
11.12.2006 - 22:13
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Wasn't it supposed to be released like december 2005? xP
11.12.2006 - 22:29
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
I think we should all be happy it's just coming, FINALLY.
11.12.2006 - 22:32
caB^^
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 22:29

I think we should all be happy it's just coming, FINALLY.

Yes indeed, I am looking forward to hear the new stuff ^^
11.12.2006 - 22:37
NoRb3
Account deleted
I hope this new album is just as good or even better than "Chimera".
11.12.2006 - 23:36
Basso
Account deleted
Why did my post get deleted?..... I said almost the same as NoRb3... censorship sucks
11.12.2006 - 23:48
Daru Jericho
Looking forward to this release but I don't think it will be as promising as they make it out to be.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

12.12.2006 - 00:23
jadawal
modern mayhem is for the mentally challenged, censor that one
12.12.2006 - 14:25
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Finally! I hope in a good album, as Chimera but not as Grand Declaration Of War...
Is Attila the singer in this new album, right?
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
12.12.2006 - 14:27
Slyfang
Written by Katatronik on 12.12.2006 at 14:25

Finally! I hope in a good album, as Chimera but not as Grand Declaration Of War...
Is Attila the singer in this new album, right?

yup
12.12.2006 - 15:54
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 23:36

Why did my post get deleted?..... I said almost the same as NoRb3... censorship sucks

It's not censorship: two threads were created for the same news article. That happens very often and that's a bug we'll have to deal with for some time.
There's no way to tell which of the two threads we will remove, and it happened that the thread in which you had posted was the one to be removed. Sorry about that, but then again, there's no other way to do it.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
12.12.2006 - 16:33
Sunioj
Interesting, I wonder how attila will sound on this one...
12.12.2006 - 17:28
Basso
Account deleted
Written by wrathchild on 12.12.2006 at 15:54

Written by Guest on 11.12.2006 at 23:36

It's not censorship: two threads were created for the same news article. That happens very often and that's a bug we'll have to deal with for some time.
There's no way to tell which of the two threads we will remove, and it happened that the thread in which you had posted was the one to be removed. Sorry about that, but then again, there's no other way to do it.

Oh then I understand. Thanks for informing me, had no idea.
14.12.2006 - 15:43
Phobik
Account deleted
Attila on vocals again...

...Fallen souls die behind my steps
By following the freezing moon...

I hope this new album won't be like "Chimera" (Maniac really sucks on vocals) and it'll be like "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas".
14.12.2006 - 18:44
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Finally. We have all been waiting a while. I can't wait for this because Attila is doing the vocals. I doubt that we'll get another De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas, but I think this should be a good album. Can't wait to pick it up.
07.01.2007 - 04:00
HellRaiz0r
Account deleted
attila is back and thats bad, actually anyone is bad, mayhem ended long ago. Its not gonna be another De mysteriis dom sathanas cause De mysteriis dom sathanas was not a great album due to attila, anyway this albums gonna suck like wolfs lair abyss and the OMFGrand declaration of war and chimera.
Mayhem lost their spirit long ago, just take a look at the album title... damn this should not even be called mayhem, if euronymous and dead were here to listen mayhem last albums (specialy the OMFGrand declaration of war) they would suicide imediatly.
I hope this new album sells exactly 0 copies, so the tortured souls of Oysten Aarseth and Per Yngve Ohlin can rest in hell, in peace.
07.01.2007 - 06:03
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Hooray, I can't wait to hear it! Ever since "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas", I have been impatiently waiting for a new Mayhem album featuring Attila on vocals, and hearing that they've completed this album, I am filled with joy. I am going to add their album to my "List of albums that I plan to by... if I can convince my mother to buy it for me".
06.03.2007 - 06:27
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I wish Mayhem would release something like their old 'de mysteriis dom sathanas'...
----
that which shines without names and forms...

Hits total: 2888 | This month: 3