12. Sleeping In My Car [Roxette Cover] [Limited Edition Bonus]

Additional info
Peter Tägtgren - producer
Mikko Karmila - engineering
Sami Saramäki - cover art

Staff review by
Windrider
Rating:
Another few years have passed and the once so mighty Children Of Bodom give it another try. People out there might have heard the rumours already so here is the essential question: Are they back? Back from their downhill path starting with Are You Dead Yet? If you want an answer to that, get yourself the album and find it out by yourself, for it's truly a quite personal question. But let's have a look beyond conservatives and fanboy rockers and get some insight to the subject.

Read more ››
published 13.07.2013 | Comments (13)

Guest review by
AngelofDeth
Rating:
The singles released for this album, "Transference" and "Halo Of Blood", set off a storm of anticipation and excitement around this album due to the fact that these songs sounded reminiscent of the Children Of Bodom's classical and often most cherished early albums. But now that the album is out and the dust is settled, does Halo Of Blood really live up to the hype?

Read more ››
published 22.02.2014 | Comments (4)

Found in 40 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 4

Comments: 107   Visited by: 1413 users
11.04.2013 - 07:24
Rating: 8
JÄY
Metal slave
Count me in for "prolly not real but hope it is"
11.04.2013 - 20:19
redforest

I had my doubts too...till the chorus and especially the ending of the song where they clearly had the lyrics "HALO OF BLOOD" shouted by the band. Definitely sounds like alexi voice and solo as well so I'm going to assume it is the real song, and if that's the case then I'm quite pleased. If not then well played trolls...well played.
11.04.2013 - 20:22
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by JÄY on 11.04.2013 at 07:24

Count me in for "prolly not real but hope it is"

Likewise.
11.04.2013 - 21:21
Tomci

Check out youtube for halo. there are many covers for this song's guitar part, wonder where they came from... looks like the previous link will come out as legit after all o.O
11.04.2013 - 23:32
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Tomci on 11.04.2013 at 21:21

Check out youtube for halo. there are many covers for this song's guitar part, wonder where they came from... looks like the previous link will come out as legit after all o.O

Those are other people that assume that is the real "Halo of Blood" as well, and they are all playing it by ear (since obviously no tabs or instructional videos have been released yet).
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

13.04.2013 - 15:34
Rating: 6
Litvin

19.04.2013 - 16:18
Rating: 7
Mario Montes

I've listened to the song halo of blood. It sounds really nice. The main riff sounds like black metal and the drummer uses blast beats. The production is better in this album than blooddrunk and RRF. The synth gives to the song an epic feel, similar to some Follow the Reaper songs (not as epic as Follow the reaper but similar). It's not going to be as good as Something Wild, Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper but for sure it will be better than AYDY?, Blooddrunk and RRF. It could be as good as HCDR or better.

I think the album it's like a mix of Something Wild and HCDR mixed with their new sound.
It sounds really nice i'll probably buy it.:yes::yes:
23.04.2013 - 17:36
JÄY
Metal slave
23.04.2013 - 17:56
psykometal
A staff guy...
Holy shit! There is hope on the horizon that Children of Bodom is actually going to release a great album again. I can't believe my ears!

If this song (and the supposed Halo of Blood track) are any indication, then this new album might be really damn good. It won't be like the first 3 albums but this song is similar to HCDR, and vastly superior to their last 4 albums. Still can't believe I'm beginning to feel stoked about a Children of Bodom release again...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

23.04.2013 - 18:10
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by psykometal on 23.04.2013 at 17:56

Holy shit! There is hope on the horizon that Children of Bodom is actually going to release a great album again. I can't believe my ears!

If this song (and the supposed Halo of Blood track) are any indication, then this new album might be really damn good. It won't be like the first 3 albums but this song is similar to HCDR, and vastly superior to their last 4 albums. Still can't believe I'm beginning to feel stoked about a Children of Bodom release again...

Yeah this feels historic
26.04.2013 - 19:22
Zap
So based on the two new songs this might be even worse than Relentless.
26.04.2013 - 23:03
Rating: 6
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Zap on 26.04.2013 at 19:22

So based on the two new songs this might be even worse than Relentless.

Nah, Transference pretty much sounds better than anything on RRF, so that's a start...
26.04.2013 - 23:07
Zap
Written by Risto on 26.04.2013 at 23:03

Nah, Transference pretty much sounds better than anything on RRF, so that's a start...

I really don't like that one, especially the chorus. It just sounds awful to me.
27.04.2013 - 07:49
Rating: 5
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Damm from what I've heard so far its decent but whats up with the production?? Is it just the bootlegs Ive heard that have bad production or is that how it was actually mixed?
----
pewpew.. gotcha
27.04.2013 - 22:56
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by AngelofDeth on 27.04.2013 at 07:49

Damm from what I've heard so far its decent but whats up with the production?? Is it just the bootlegs Ive heard that have bad production or is that how it was actually mixed?

Prolly just cuase its bootlegs....its Nuclear Blast, after all.
28.04.2013 - 00:51
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by JÄY on 27.04.2013 at 22:56

Prolly just cuase its bootlegs....its Nuclear Blast, after all.

yeah I really hope so. This album might be the best since HCDR, kinda sounds like a B-side of Something Wild.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
02.05.2013 - 14:38
Rating: 7
Mario Montes

Nuclear blast has relesed a "track by track" video of Halo of Blood. The song "waste of skin" sounds nice!
12.05.2013 - 03:08
LordHypnos
Account deleted
I bet most of this album will be like Hate Crew. I like Hate Crew's melodies
30.05.2013 - 23:11
ChrisWinther

They are back!!! Greatest album since Hatecrew!
31.05.2013 - 00:59
kalmah999
Account deleted
I listened whole album couple of times now, hmm, definitly better than Blooddrunk and RRF, that two albums just had couple of interestnig tracks and that is all, album is suprisnigly good, will give it more spins to know how to rate
01.06.2013 - 00:01
Wiillak

That sounds good. it's seems they're turning to former style
01.06.2013 - 12:22
theregnar
Account deleted
Their best since hate crew. finally good stuff from them
01.06.2013 - 13:12
Wiillak

Written by Guest on 01.06.2013 at 12:22

Their best since hate crew. finally good stuff from them

in fact, this stuff remind me to hate crew deathroll a little
01.06.2013 - 20:16
Leviathan

Sounds awesome! Nothing to do with the last album
02.06.2013 - 13:24
Rating: 9
MyNameJeff

Well that's an unexpected comeback
02.06.2013 - 23:02
redforest

Biggest surprise of the year for me I'm very happy with it.
05.06.2013 - 16:29
Rating: 9
Kallis Helmi
ManDaraBosS
Definitely COB's best effort since Hate Crew! Good to hear the influences of the first 3 albums. Great comeback!
----
"Now I'm leaving my worries behind
Feel the freedom of body and mind
I am starting my journey, I'm drifting away with the wind
I go"
06.06.2013 - 17:03
John Shock

This reminds me a lot of Hatecrew Death Roll, which for me is fantastic because i simply love that album! And there's a lot of black metal "ish" from their older albuns, if i could say... That title track is awesome...
07.06.2013 - 01:18
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
The singles released for this album, Transference and Halo of Blood, set off a storm of anticipation and excitement around the album due to the fact that these songs sounded reminiscent of the band's classical and often most cherished albums. But now that the album is out did the rest of the songs deliver?

Not quite, would be my answer. Unfortunately the two previously mentioned singles are the best songs on the album. Waste of Skin and the Days are Numbered are also arguably decent songs and while other songs often do have a good dose of that classical bodom past, they also have a (un)healthy serving of the sloppy melodeath-mess CoB has become.

The album pretty much sounds like a cover-bands attempt to do a medley of all CoB's albums mixed into one. A Hatebreeder-esque intro here, an AYDY riff there, topped off with a Bloodrunk breakdown. These sort-of Frankenstein combinations plague the album, so while a song might start off sounding promising, 20 seconds later and its a piece of crap.

Furthermore even the best songs of the album are still a pale shadow of what came before, I mean Transference & Halo of Blood sound decent but really they still sound like they could be B-Tracks from the Something Wild days. Same goes for Days are Numbered except sounding like a Hatebreeder rip-off and even Waste of Skin has a weak and Slayer-derivative chorus.

So, while yes, this is arguably the best album since HCDR, being the 5th best CoB album is not a very tough feat. And imo I would even put the lackluster AYDY above this.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
07.06.2013 - 04:08
Rating: 10
akoasm

Imbéciles, ustedes no saben apreciar el trabajo de este nuevo álbum. Es cierto que no es el mejor disco de COB, pero definitivamente es muy bueno. La banda evolucionó, como muchas lo han hecho y este disco llegó para cerrarles la boca. En lo personal creo que este disco recopila lo mejor de COB, esos riffs oscuros como en something wild, el poder de hatebreeder, los riffs asesinos de follow the reaper, y la velocidad y ese sonido más sucio de hate crew deathroll. Ahora ¿qué pasaría si COB lanzara un álbum muy similar a something wild o hatebreeder? probablemente sería un buen disco, pero también se le criticaría por falta de creatividad, por tratar de imitar y copiar sus glorias pasadas, o sea, es como estar entre la espada y la pared. Si hacen algo nuevo,tratando de mezclar lo mejor de sus discos he influencias se les critica, si hacen algo novedoso, con riffs más modernos se les critica

Digan lo que digan, este es un muy buen disco, así que jódanse los que siempre critican sin apreciar el esfuerzo

Hits total: 27484 | This month: 33