Metal Storm logo
Keep Of Kalessin - Release New Video, Obsidian C. Takes Over Vocal Duties (Update)

Keep Of Kalessin premiered the new music video for the brand new track "Introspection" at the Indie Recordings Label Night at the Inferno Festival in Oslo, Norway yesterday but the band has shared it with the world today. So, take advantage of the opportunity and listen to the brand new song from the band below. Guitarist Obsidian C. also revealed some unexpected news to the crowd at Inferno. Not only does the video show the band from a different side, but Obsidian C. has now also taken over the vocal duties after singer Thebon seems to have disappeared in the African jungle, like literally, or so they say.

Guitarist and now also frontman Arnt "Obsidian Claw" Grønbech commented: "We haven't heard from him in 5 months. He went to South Africa with his girlfriend and we received no life sign or answers to our messages. Instead of waiting it out we just had to move on and I started testing the vocals in the studio myself, realizing my vocals were far from bad. I've always been the driving force of the band and I found it to be easier if I just managed to handle the vocals from now on instead of replacing Thebon with someone else. The worst part of this will of course be to do both vocals and guitars live, but it's all a matter of practice, really. We now feel that this is the way to go and that the band is in fact stronger than ever!"

According to the label, "the band also brings more of their 80's inspiration into this track with Obsidian C. showing a lot more of his impressive solo skills."

UPDATE: [Thanks to D.T. Metal]: Thebon released this statement giving his side of the story: "I'm not missing in the jungle, I went to study and relax for three months and did not hear anything from the band in that time. I got a message about a band meeting a week ago, but didn't reply because I was preoccupied with other projects, and I was deciding if I wanted to continue with KOK. Today I read in a press release that they have recorded new music, and even made a video, and fired me in public at the Inferno Festival. Clearly this proves that they have made their decision about me quite some time ago. This kind of loyalty and friendship is exactly one of the reasons I have been considering leaving the band for quite some time now. I wish them all the best."

Source: indierecordings.net
Band profile: Keep Of Kalessin
Posted: 29.03.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 159 users
28.03.2013 - 19:32
Lonniehaskel

Wtf happened to Thebon? He's one of my favorite black metal vocalists.
28.03.2013 - 19:36
MechanisT
Account deleted
So... those dragon abduction stories were true, it seems.
28.03.2013 - 22:56
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Guest on 28.03.2013 at 19:36

So... those dragon abduction stories were true, it seems.

LOL The song sounds like a milder Kvelertak with KoK influences. Cool for me
Although it's weird how could they let him off the leash for 5 months. The least I'd do is to go after him and find out what happened.
----
28.03.2013 - 23:02
?apleee
Mouthcrab
He must have found the power of the Dragontower.
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
28.03.2013 - 23:03
MechanisT
Account deleted
Written by qlacs on 28.03.2013 at 22:56

Although it's weird how could they let him off the leash for 5 months. The least I'd do is to go after him and find out what happened.

True. I just hope he didn't pull off a Pistorius or something. :|
29.03.2013 - 02:02
D.T. Metal

On his personal FB account he has KoK already listed as Past:

Official statement from Thebon regarding Keep of Kalessin.

Quote:
I´m not missing in the jungle, I went to study and relax for three months and did not hear anything from the band in that time. I got a message about a band meeting a week ago,but did´t reply because I was preoccupied with other projects, and I was deciding if I wanted to continue with KOK.
Today I read in a press release that they have recorded new music, and even made a video,and fired me in public at the Inferno Festival. Clearly this proves that they have made their decision about me quite some time ago. This kind of loyalty and friendship is exactly one of the reasons I have been considering leaving the band for quite some time now. I wish them all the best.
29.03.2013 - 02:47
Vermoorden

Great track, guitar tone sounds exactly like the last album though...I'm not sure how I feel about that. Still good to have new music
29.03.2013 - 03:54
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by ?apleee on 28.03.2013 at 23:02

He must have found the power of the Dragontower.

This.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
29.03.2013 - 06:20
psykometal
A staff guy...
I liked Thebon's vocals a lot but I do still quite like Obsidian's vocals and think he makes for a good replacement for Thebon. Looking forward to the new album and I have a feeling that his vocals will grow even more on me and will probably find them best suited for the more progressive direction that KoK has been headed in. Can't wait!

Edit: Well I keep coming back to this song and Obsidian's vocals are definitely growing on me, I'm liking them more and more as I listen to the song over and over again.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

29.03.2013 - 08:33
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
This is probably the weirdest line-up change this year..Hope there won't be any Portnoy-isque drama in the coming few days
30.03.2013 - 02:42
Lonniehaskel

Written by psykometal on 29.03.2013 at 06:20

Edit: Well I keep coming back to this song and Obsidian's vocals are definitely growing on me, I'm liking them more and more as I listen to the song over and over again.

Same here. It's been in my head all day while I was at work.
30.03.2013 - 14:00
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by D.T. Metal on 29.03.2013 at 02:02

On his personal FB account he has KoK already listed as Past:

Official statement from Thebon regarding Keep of Kalessin.

Quote:
I´m not missing in the jungle, I went to study and relax for three months and did not hear anything from the band in that time. I got a message about a band meeting a week ago,but did´t reply because I was preoccupied with other projects, and I was deciding if I wanted to continue with KOK.
Today I read in a press release that they have recorded new music, and even made a video,and fired me in public at the Inferno Festival. Clearly this proves that they have made their decision about me quite some time ago. This kind of loyalty and friendship is exactly one of the reasons I have been considering leaving the band for quite some time now. I wish them all the best.

This needs to be news'd.
30.03.2013 - 14:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Carl Berg on 30.03.2013 at 14:00

This needs to be news'd.

There is an update with his statement but you haven't read it, it seems
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.04.2013 - 08:24
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Crazy. At least Thebon's OK, but that sucks that he went out the way that he did.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
02.04.2013 - 13:46
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Quote:
Quote:

Nothing sounds like Kvelertak, dude but quite a fair track indeed.
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...

Hits total: 5593 | This month: 4