Metal Storm logo
Tristania - Share Forthcoming Album Tracklist

Gothic metallers Tristania are completing the pieces of the puzzle for their upcoming new album Darkest White. Now the tracklist has been revealed and you can check out the song titles below. Napalm Records will release the new album on May 31st.

You can find more album details here as well as listen to the album teaser the band has released before.

Darkest White standard edition tracklist:

01. Number
02. Darkest White
03. Himmelfall
04. Requiem
05. Diagnosis
06. Scarling
07. Night On Earth
08. Lavender
09. Cypher
10. Arteries

Darkest White limited edition tracklist:

01. Number
02. Darkest White
03. Himmelfall
04. Requiem
05. Diagnosis
06. Scarling
07. Night On Earth
08. Cathedral [bonus track]
09. Lavender
10. Cypher
11. Arteries

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Tristania
Posted: 04.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 80 users
04.04.2013 - 14:53
augis

04.04.2013 - 20:37
Erik M.

Written by augis on 04.04.2013 at 14:53

Hey, I wanted to do that! Ah well, I can still do it: .

Talk about generic song titles... damn. Of course I can't say for sure, but I'm positive this is going to suck. I'm not even going to waste my time with this though. It might be a good idea for them to change their name, because the real Tristania died long ago (arguably when either Morten left or when Vibeke left). What a bunch of clowns trying to live up to the glory days of this band (1996-2001).
06.04.2013 - 01:06
Ismarmlp

Written by Erik M. on 04.04.2013 at 20:37

Talk about generic song titles... damn. Of course I can't say for sure, but I'm positive this is going to suck. I'm not even going to waste my time with this though. It might be a good idea for them to change their name, because the real Tristania died long ago (arguably when either Morten left or when Vibeke left). What a bunch of clowns trying to live up to the glory days of this band (1996-2001).

I totally agree!
06.04.2013 - 01:48
Susan
Smeghead
I love Rubicon and I love every album they have ever released. However, I totally agree: they should have changed their name a while ago!!! Looking back musically it would have made most sense either before or after Ashes; that seemed to be the connector piece between some very different styles.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
07.04.2013 - 08:59
Ethan1994

Written by Erik M. on 04.04.2013 at 20:37

Is it really wise to judge an album that you've never heard on its song titles? I wonder if you'd had said the same thing if Widow's Weeds was released today.
I think it's going to be awesome, like every other Tristania album! This band is still living its glory days, in my opinion.
If you you hate their recent material and can't even be arsed to give the new album a try, why are you still following this band?
07.04.2013 - 16:37
Erik M.

Written by Susan on 06.04.2013 at 01:48

I love Rubicon and I love every album they have ever released. However, I totally agree: they should have changed their name a while ago!!! Looking back musically it would have made most sense either before or after Ashes; that seemed to be the connector piece between some very different styles.

To be honest I feel Tristania has three era's: 1996 - 2001, with Morten and Vibeke (Widow's Weeds, Beyond the Veil and World of Glass, in other words: the glorious years of the band), 2001 - 2007, with Vibeke (Ashes and Illumination, both great albums but definitely less great than the first three because of the absence of Morten) and 2007 - present (Rubicon and Darkest White).

Written by Ethan1994 on 07.04.2013 at 08:59

Is it really wise to judge an album that you've never heard on its song titles? I wonder if you'd had said the same thing if Widow's Weeds was released today.
I think it's going to be awesome, like every other Tristania album! This band is still living its glory days, in my opinion.
If you you hate their recent material and can't even be arsed to give the new album a try, why are you still following this band?

I'm not judging the album, just giving my opinion on the song titles and artwork, as well as saying that this band isn't Tristania, despite the fact that there are still 2 members from the original line-up in it. The most influential members are long gone. You say this band is still in its glory days? This band is just a shadow of the real Tristania, so how can they be in their glory days? It's like saying My Dying Bride is still in its glory years. Don't get me wrong here, I'm a huge fan of My Dying Bride, but I can at least be realistic and judge their recent albums and know they're definitely not as great as they used to be... hell, they're far worse, but I can still enjoy their music. My point is that if you love a band, you don't really have to automatically like every single album they produced. It's just like Opeth... again, I was (yes, not anymore) a huge fan, until Watershed and Heritage. Those (especially Heritage though) disappointed me enough to realise even a band like Opeth can't keep up producing brilliant music.
14.04.2013 - 17:03
Ethan1994

Written by Erik M. on 07.04.2013 at 16:37

I'm not judging the album, just giving my opinion on the song titles and artwork, as well as saying that this band isn't Tristania, despite the fact that there are still 2 members from the original line-up in it. The most influential members are long gone. You say this band is still in its glory days? This band is just a shadow of the real Tristania, so how can they be in their glory days? It's like saying My Dying Bride is still in its glory years. Don't get me wrong here, I'm a huge fan of My Dying Bride, but I can at least be realistic and judge their recent albums and know they're definitely not as great as they used to be... hell, they're far worse, but I can still enjoy their music. My point is that if you love a band, you don't really have to automatically like every single album they produced. It's just like Opeth... again, I was (yes, not anymore) a huge fan, until Watershed and Heritage. Those (especially Heritage though) disappointed me enough to realiz
e even a band like Opeth can't keep up producing brilliant music.

Well, if you don't think that Tristania are as good as they used to be, then that's your opinion. But I disagree with your comment that "this is just a shadow of the real Tristania," and "The most influential members are long gone". Mostly because I feel that the most influential members of the band after Veland are Moen and Hidle, the two who are still in the band (which ones are you referring to?). That's why I don't agree with the "change the band name" comments. I loved Rubicon, and I'm looking forward to Darkest White.

Hits total: 2500 | This month: 5