Metal Storm logo
Amorphis - Another New Song Streaming Online

Finns Amorphis, not satisfied with the songs already premiered online, are releasing yet another new lyric video, this time for the 8th song of their upcoming album Circle, "Enchanted By The Moon" which is also its third single. Why complain? You can watch the video below right now.

The album's release approaches fast: April 19th (Europe) and April 30th (North America) via Nuclear Blast. You can also listen to "Shades Of Gray" and "Hopeless Days" to hear a variety of songs from the album.

Circle tracklist:

01. Shades Of Gray
02. Mission
03. The Wanderer
04. Narrow Path
05. Hopeless Days
06. Nightbird's Song
07. Into The Abyss
08. Enchanted By The Moon
09. A New Day
10. Dead Man's Dream [bonus track]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amorphis
Posted: 05.04.2013 by R Lewis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 214 users
05.04.2013 - 18:56
flames23
05.04.2013 - 20:07
musclassia
staff
Hopeless Days was depressingly forgettable, Shades of Grey was an improvement, but not good enough to rival the last few albums. This, on the other hand, is the Amorphis I love. Holy carp this is really quite great; expectations for the album have returned back to 'very excited'
05.04.2013 - 20:15
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Great song! Awesome blend of the old and new styles! The organ is a great touch (gives it a strong Tales from the Thousand Lakes vibe). I'm as excited as ever!
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
05.04.2013 - 20:52
OpenMind
This entire song is awesome! The organ is a really nice touch .........
05.04.2013 - 21:17
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by musclassia on 05.04.2013 at 20:07

Hopeless Days was depressingly forgettable, Shades of Grey was an improvement, but not good enough to rival the last few albums. This, on the other hand, is the Amorphis I love. Holy carp this is really quite great; expectations for the album have returned back to 'very excited'

Based on iTunes samples (1:30 per song) this and "Shades of Gray" don't really paint a clear picture. "Nightbird's Song" is another aggressive piece, but apart from that it doesn't really seem to be about death metal. Many songs are pretty long though so death vocals may still be elsewhere than just these three.

"The Wanderer" will be out next Friday as an iTunes single in German-speaking countries btw.
05.04.2013 - 21:23
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog

Holy carp this is really quite great...

It's probably best to leave your religious views...submerged...
05.04.2013 - 21:32
Dark Blood
The Avenger
This and "Hopeless Days" are great in my opinion. I'm pretty excited about this album, I can't wait.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
05.04.2013 - 21:49
Justicelust
This song blew me away, what a great song! now I am very excited about the album
05.04.2013 - 21:50
musclassia
staff
Written by Risto on 05.04.2013 at 21:17

Based on iTunes samples (1:30 per song) this and "Shades of Gray" don't really paint a clear picture. "Nightbird's Song" is another aggressive piece, but apart from that it doesn't really seem to be about death metal. Many songs are pretty long though so death vocals may still be elsewhere than just these three.

"The Wanderer" will be out next Friday as an iTunes single in German-speaking countries btw.

To be honest I don't have any particular leanings either way regarding the death tendencies of the band; I mean I do enjoy their heavier songs, but my favourite Amorphis songs are the likes of House of Sleep, Mermaid, Shaman, Sky Is Mine, none of which have growls, so I can cope perfectly well without as long as the songs are great, which I must say, Hopeless Days wasn't really.
06.04.2013 - 00:06
Skøllgrim
Northern
Am I the only one to hear the melody of Cradle of Filth's nymphetamine in the beginning and then again later in the song too?
Apart from that the song didn't really do anything for me, at least not on first listen.
06.04.2013 - 00:19
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by Skøllgrim on 06.04.2013 at 00:06

Am I the only one to hear the melody of Cradle of Filth's nymphetamine in the beginning and then again later in the song too?

You're not Sounds like they're in the same key, but different time signature and this song's melody progresses differently.
06.04.2013 - 00:23
moe5512
A good song but I don't really like the way Tomi Joutsen has been growling on this album, it hasn't really the same power as before but still it's nice to hear some higher growls from him. so it's kinda +/-
06.04.2013 - 11:12
Skøllgrim
Northern
Written by moe5512 on 06.04.2013 at 00:23

A good song but I don't really like the way Tomi Joutsen has been growling on this album, it hasn't really the same power as before but still it's nice to hear some higher growls from him. so it's kinda +/-

He does have one of the most powerful deep growls I know of, so I'm also a tad skeptical with the higher tone growls.
06.04.2013 - 11:32
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
One of the best amorphis song in the past years
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...

Hits total: 3949 | This month: 4