Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - To Return To The US, Shows With Megadeth

On the day that the Iron Lady passes, Iron Maiden has announced their brief return to the USA this September, where they will be playing seven specially selected shows en-route to Latin America where they will once again headline at the legendary Rock In Rio festival, Brazil, on September 22nd, already sold out. The special guests on all these dates will be Megadeth.

These will begin with a first-ever visit to Raleigh, NC, for the opening show on September 3rd at the Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion followed by Nashville, TN where Maiden haven't played in over twenty years, at the Bridgestone Arena on September 5th. There will also be shows in Kansas City, MO, Sprint Center on September 7th, St Louis, MO, Verizon Wireless on September 8th and the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, NV on September 12th , all of which Maiden last visited way back in 2000 on the Brave New World Tour. Plus a return to Austin, TX for a show at the 360 Amphitheater on September 10th, the first time the band have played in that city since the original Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour twenty-five years ago.

Maiden will also headline a very special event at the San Manuel Amphitheater, San Bernardino, CA. The Battle Of San Bernardino will take place on Friday 13th September. Anthrax, Testament, Overkill and Sabaton will join tour special guests Megadeth for this performance only. Tickets for the Las Vegas and San Bernardino shows go on sale 12 April. Tickets for Raleigh, Nashville, St Louis and Austin go onsale 13 April. Tickets for Kansas City go onsale 17 May.

Lead singer Bruce Dickinson explains: "As Maiden fans know, we're going back to Brazil to headline Rock In Rio again, so we thought that on our way down south we should certainly stop off and do a few more shows in the U.S. We especially wanted to try and play some more cities we've not visited for a while, so we're really excited about seeing our fans again in places we've not been to in over a decade, and in some cases even longer! We hope they will remember us! We can't wait to launch the Battle of San Bernardino for our Southern California fans! It really will be a day to remember for south Cal Metal fans. Friday 13, 13 too! Double Trouble! We'll be bringing with us the same full production we had on the Maiden England Tour in North America last year so fans can expect to see the huge lightshow, stage set, various incarnations of Eddie, plenty of pyro and all kinds of other exciting stuff."

US tour dates:

September 03 - Raleigh, NC - Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion
September 05 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
September 07 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
September 08 - St Louis, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
September 10 - Austin, TX - Austin 360 Amphitheater
September 12 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay Events Center
September 13 - San Bernardino, CA - San Manuel Amphitheatre

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 08.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 188 users
08.04.2013 - 21:54
Mad Mike

Now that's what I call a lineup!
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
08.04.2013 - 22:11
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Mad Mike on 08.04.2013 at 21:54

Good line-up except for one incredibly totally shit band, namely Sabaton
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

08.04.2013 - 22:13
FourStringFreak

I understand that Montana doesn't have a LOT of metalheads, but i guarantee alllllll of us would show up if they played somewhere even remotely close!
fucking hick state, i want to see Maiden! motherfuckingshit, ragee lol
----
FourStringFreak
09.04.2013 - 02:03
Mattybu

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2013 at 22:11

I immediately put Primo Victoria on just to check and just as I suspected... SHITS SO CASH

Sabaton's pretty cheesy but solid man.
09.04.2013 - 02:06
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Good line-up but unfortunately it is 2013, not 1988.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.04.2013 - 03:00
Mad Mike

Written by BitterCOld on 09.04.2013 at 02:06

Sabaton formed in the 90s...
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
09.04.2013 - 03:07
blacktooth85

Fuck Yeah!! It's good to see Maiden do cities they haven't played in a while, especially St Louis!...

BTW, you guys realize that the CA show is the only date with all of those bands. The rest is just Maiden/Megadeth, which is still killer...
09.04.2013 - 03:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Mad Mike on 09.04.2013 at 03:00

Written by BitterCOld on 09.04.2013 at 02:06

Sabaton formed in the 90s...

another reason why 1988 would have been better...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.04.2013 - 05:01
Berserk

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.04.2013 at 22:11

Bullshit, Sabaton can put on a way better show than all of those bands except Maiden.

Regardless, that's a pretty kickass line-up.
----
Fear the Old Blood
09.04.2013 - 10:20
renai

I wish I stay in US..... oh one night to see Mega and Maiden. Now if Maiden do a DVD for this one more time......
----
hey...my blog >>> http://metalharem.blogspot.com/
10.04.2013 - 00:23
oshgar

Maiden in Raleigh? Oh hell yes! :banger2:
10.04.2013 - 06:03
Egigantea

Maiden just miles away from where I live with Testament, Overkill, and Megadeth!!!!!!!!!
HOLY SHIT!!!!

Hits total: 4311 | This month: 4