Metal Storm logo
Hair Metal, Glam Rock, Sleaze Metal/Sleaze Rock

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 14.12.2006 - 10:09
I just noticed that theres no Thread to simply discuss Hair Metal, Glam Rock, and Sleaze Metal/Sleaze Rock. Hair metal is what eventually lead me into all sorts of other types of metal, if it wasnt for bands like Cinderella, WASP, Guns N Roses, and Motley Crue, I never wouldve found things like black metal, death metal etc.

So come and discuss all things that fall under this Genre(s)

PS.-Theres been alot of posts saying that GnR isnt hair metal, thats why I put in 'sleaze rock/sleaze metal'. its simply a small term for bands like skid row, GnR, Aerosmith, and Lynch Mob, who were almost like hair metal, but with a grittier bluesier feel to it. Not so polished as alot of hair metal.

oh, and to those of you who are new to glam/sleaze and are looking for recommendations definitly go to TheRealThing, that guy knows probably more about this subject than anyone on metalstorm combined, believe me, its unholy.
31.07.2013 - 06:23
DyingWorld
"Inside the Electric Circus" is as glam as W.A.S.P. gets. Not their best, considering the two albums before and after it. Especially, "The Headless Children" and "The Crimson Idol", which have nothing to do with glam. Two amazing METAL albums.

I love the first two from Motley and would consider "Shout At the Devil" to be a REAL metal album. "Too Fast for Love" being more of a badass rock n roll album than anything else. I don't consider Guns N Roses or Twisted Sister to be glam in any sense of the word. Ratt are inconsistent but when they're good, they're great. I will say that if I hear "Round and Round" one more time, I'm wasting everybody. The first EP and some songs off "Out of the Cellar" are cool. I heard one of their newer songs and thought it was great. I'll have to check out "Infestation" sometime.
31.07.2013 - 23:09
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by DyingWorld on 31.07.2013 at 06:23

I love the first two from Motley and would consider "Shout At the Devil" to be a REAL metal album. "Too Fast for Love" being more of a badass rock n roll album than anything else.

Agreed. It's really punkish compared to Shout, but it's still one of their better ones.

Written by DyingWorld on 31.07.2013 at 06:23

Ratt are inconsistent but when they're good, they're great. I will say that if I hear "Round and Round" one more time, I'm wasting everybody. The first EP and some songs off "Out of the Cellar" are cool. I heard one of their newer songs and thought it was great. I'll have to check out "Infestation" sometime.

Infestation was pretty good. Check out Invasion Of Your Privacy as well, if you haven't. Lay It Down and You're In Love are some of their best songs.
05.03.2014 - 03:22
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Wow, Glam/Hair/Sleaze is such a touchy subject with some people.. so many haters..

I used to be really into the genre back in High School(04-08), right around the time that the genre was rebounding, in fact Dirty Penny is from my hometown and me and my friends even made our own Sleaze band. Now I only listen to on occasion, and mostly the Sleaze Metal aspect, which thank you for pointing out the difference between Glam and Sleaze. Sure its a fine line but for fans that are truly into the genre, not just people looking from the outside in, its a distinguishable line.

As far as Sleaze goes these are probably my favorite bands: Vains of Jenna, Crashdiet, Motley Crue, Skid Row. Other Rock bands I like that are more classic RnR but still could be associated with Sleaze are Guns N Roses, Taking Dawn and The Darkness.

And here's my band, let me know what you think. https://myspace.com/stripthis69/music/song/drink-away-remastered-13445506-13246690 Drink Away, Dirty Rockin Woman and All for One are our bands songs, don't know what the rest is myspace is obviously messed up lol
----
pewpew.. gotcha
26.01.2022 - 16:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Chip Z'nuff's New Solo Album, 'perfectly Imperfect', To Feature Cheap Trick, Whitesnake, Ex-guns N' Roses Members.

Chip Z'Nuff - Vocals, Bass, Guitar, Melotron
Joel Hoekstra - Lead Guitar on Tracks 2, 6, & 8
Daxx Nielsen - Acoustic Drums on Tracks 3, 4, 5, 6, & 9
Daniel Hill - Drums, Percussion, and Orchestration on Tracks 1, 2, 7, & 8
Steven Adler - Acoustic Drums on Track 10

"Perfectly Imperfect" track listing:

01. The Church
02. Welcome To The Party
03. Doctor (I'm Going Down Can You Save Me?)
04. Ordinary Man
05. Heaven In A Bottle
06. Roll On
07. I Still Hail You
08. 3 Way
09. Heroin
10. Honaloochie Boogie

I like it even a bits ofter, but cool video, song, might be some album what to listen in not so good days ... or boring times
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
08.06.2022 - 01:49
Metal Health
I've just made a video on the history of Steelheart, who I've always thought could have gone on to become a huge name in the scene had it not been for a few ill-fated mishaps.

30.08.2022 - 07:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Wendesday 13 Blasts Former Murdeldolls Bandmates Over 'Unauthorized' And 'Unapproved' Web Site And Merchandise

It’s unfortunate that this has to be said, but here it is:
Murderdolls was created in 2002 by Joey Jordison and Wednesday 13.
The name, the look, the lyrics, the music was all created by Joey Jordison and Wednesday 13.
Anyone besides Wednesday or Joey claiming to be the Official Murderdolls is NOT OFFICIAL.
Any merchandise being advertised using Joey and Wednesday’s original Murderdolls logos, music and lyrics is NOT Approved or Authorized

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=631717944988624&set=a.295990215228067

Former Murderdolls Guitarist ACEY SLADE Responds

Hey Gang,
Acey here and I would just like to clear the air on some things.
The Murderdolls as a band does not exist. There are no current members, only alumni. There are no plans for a tour, new single, nothing of the sort. That’s the bad news. Now for the good news.
It became apparent before 2020 that none of the Alumni wanted to shoulder the responsibility of maintaining the legacy or the business of the band. All of the business/legal ends of the band were abandoned. Reinstating the assets was time-consuming and expensive as you can imagine.
It also came to my attention that we were approaching the 20th Anniversary of ‘Beyond..’. I reached out to Warner Brothers to see if they had any plans for a re-release and I was informed they did not. But they also indicated that they would be elated if I would like to license the album and all of its assets. This means the re-release of ‘Beyond the Valley of the Murderdolls’ is officially licensed! And with that, any images, photos, music videos, artwork that came with the album. We spent months trying to track down the original master tapes. But no one seems to have them. That should also give you an idea of bad a state the business affairs had fallen.
I’d like to invite Jack, Racci, Roman, Jason, Eric and, obviously Wednesday and Dizzy to join in on this celebration. And should they ever need to use the band as a platform for their own endeavors, it would not only be welcome but encouraged, but that will be their choice. Reconnecting the alumni with the Murderdolls fans and us extending the legacy of everyone who built it, is what this is all about.
But most of all, I’d like to invite everyone to come together and Celebrate this landmark album!

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=612955326883056&set=a.254310056080920
----

apos;'
[image]
23.12.2023 - 09:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
RATT singer Stephen Pearcy will celebrate the 40th anniversary of the band's debut album, "Out Of The Cellar" by performing the LP in its entirety with his solo band on December 29 at the Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California. It will mark Stephen's first time playing the LP from front to back.

Pearcy and his solo band will continue performing "Out Of The Cellar" at all of their 2024 shows.

https://www.facebook.com/thewhiskyagogo/posts/pfbid02SJJ2wjmcHnGSZ6VrmoszXBDLheXnNPJyjPgF3whcLWBW9nSnNyXLNUWVUHan3nc6l?ref=embed_post
----

apos;'
[image]