Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity - New Song Streaming Online

Dark Tranquillity's new album Construct is right around the corner and today is your lucky day because the new song "For Broken Words" has just been made available for streaming. Check it out below and tell us what you think about it.

How does it compare to We Are The Void and the band's previous works? See it for yourself.

The opus will be out on May 27th in Europe and May 28th in North America through Century Media Records. More album details were previously reported here and here. The band recently shot a video for the new song "Uniformity" which will be released in a month.

Construct tracklist:

01. For Broken Words
02. The Science Of Noise
03. Uniformity
04. The Silence In Between
05. Apathetic
06. What Only You Know
07. Endtime Hearts
08. State Of Trust
09. Weight Of The End
10. None Becoming

[Also thanks to popmik and *!* for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity
Posted: 15.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 30   Visited by: 349 users
15.04.2013 - 19:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Really good song.

Oh wait, I mean the other thing.
15.04.2013 - 19:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Quote:
[quote}
How does it compare to We Are The Void and the band's previous works? See it for yourself.

Maybe 'hear' would be a better word than 'see' here

Listened to it and I think I have to get all offensive towards Niklas Sundin and Mikael Stanne over at Roadburn. Maybe it's an idea to disrupt Stanne when he is DJing one of the afterparties
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.04.2013 - 19:48
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.04.2013 at 19:40

And Marcel is picky. I'm using it more in the sense of "find out for yourself". Don't be so literal
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.04.2013 - 19:52
popmik

Reminds me of the closing tracks from Character which is my fav DT album from the post-Haven ones, awesome!
15.04.2013 - 19:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by BloodTears on 15.04.2013 at 19:48

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.04.2013 at 19:40

And Marcel is picky. I'm using it more in the sense of "find out for yourself". Don't be so literal

then it should be 'see for yourself' withotu 'it' [/pickiness]
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.04.2013 - 20:00
Permafrost

WOW !! It reminds me what fantastic band DT is. Looking forward to this album.
15.04.2013 - 20:03
Opethian

I own everything else by DT, why not this? Its sounds ok
15.04.2013 - 20:14
musclassia

I'm not quite sure what the point of this song is - not lyrically (haven't the foggiest), but musically. It's not particularly catchy, aggressive, or even mellow or mysterious like towards the end of Fiction; it's just kind of 'there'. I guess my expectations aren't as high as they would've been if they'd been coming off the back of Fiction (which I think is really good, if not quite Character levels) rather than We Are The Void (decent but ultimately forgettable), but even still this is just rather, well, nothing-y. The thing that annoys me the most are the brief moments when it looks like it'll get interesting (well, more interesting), like the initial chord in the pre-chorus bit, and the brooding instrumental bit after the second chorus, but they never go anywhere. Disturbingly meh.
15.04.2013 - 22:06
JÄY
Metal slave
One of the worst songs I've heard from them
15.04.2013 - 22:14
Wukk

Still waiting for them to write an album without using the word 'nothingness'.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
15.04.2013 - 22:17
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
The song isn't all bad, It's simply "OK". highly forgettable tho. And I still can't get over that fucking Hollywood-billboard-like-shit kicking-god awful piece of junk they call an artwork.
15.04.2013 - 22:36
skydancer

I think this is going to be, just like everything since Character, the kind of thing that at first seems forgettable, but will eventually grow on me. DT albums are like this, give them a few spins when they're fresh, let them rest for a few weeks, and then listen again. The reaction is always the following: "Whoa, this is pretty awesome stuff, how did I not notice it for the first time?!"

But then again, I'm kind of a blind and ignorant DT and gothenburg wanker, don't trust me on anything related to these bands.
15.04.2013 - 23:03
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Sounds like the upcoming album could be (at least a slight) return to form for DT. This song has heightened my expectations for this album.
16.04.2013 - 00:08
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by Alex F on 15.04.2013 at 23:03

Sounds like the upcoming album could be (at least a slight) return to form for DT. This song has heightened my expectations for this album.

yep!
Quite an unusual choice for an album preview... But interesting nonetheless! it indeed makes expect something a bit more unusual than the latest albums!!
Also, for some odd reason, this song had a slight "haven" aftertaste to me... (strange, but well...)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
16.04.2013 - 00:39
Malphas

Yup, this only confirms that this album will most probably be crap, maybe even the worst in their discography, as expected after they announced it would be like projector
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
16.04.2013 - 00:57
kalmah999
Account deleted
This does not confirm anything, because they never said it will sound as Projector, they only said it will be most diverse and different album since Projector... still it's a nice track in my opinion, somehow different from what i am used to hearing from them I expect this album to come out nice
16.04.2013 - 01:34
Rage in a bottle

It overstays it's welcome... But I guess it could be a good song to close the new album. I think it could still be better than the last effort by In Flames, Arch Enemy or Soilwork...
16.04.2013 - 02:24
OpenMind

Nothing special
16.04.2013 - 07:25
Litvin

I want DT back to "Damage Done" days!
16.04.2013 - 11:31
Wes

I'm looking forward to this very much, given that We Are The Void is my favorite album by them. I really like what I'm hearing so far, damn Docomo internet is too slow right now to stream this.
16.04.2013 - 13:03
Dinruth

Written by Wes on 16.04.2013 at 11:31

I'm looking forward to this very much, given that We Are The Void is my favorite album by them. I really like what I'm hearing so far, damn Docomo internet is too slow right now to stream this.

I know taste in music is subjective, and usually I am really not that type of guy to say such a thing, but .... you gotta be kidding me
16.04.2013 - 14:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alex F on 15.04.2013 at 23:03

To me this sounds like it's going even further along their path of middle of the road, open-stringed chugging approach. Not sure what this could be seen as a return to.
16.04.2013 - 19:12
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Not bad!
17.04.2013 - 11:13
gaderaden

Getting a better vibe of this than the preview songs they realeased for both Fiction and We Are the Void. Digging the vibe of it and if's supposed to be a varied, experimental work, placing the song right on the album could make it even better (context and all that noise)
17.04.2013 - 13:11
Wes

Written by Dinruth on 16.04.2013 at 13:03

I know taste in music is subjective, and usually I am really not that type of guy to say such a thing, but .... you gotta be kidding me

Hehehe, I'm not kidding! I've been listening to DT from the beginning mostly but still love it. My favorites are Projector, Character, and We Are The Void. I really like Mikael's vocals on We Are The Void, and the bonus tracks "Out of Gravity","The Bow and The Arrow", and "Zero Distance". I don't find it comparable to the other albums, but it's still my "favorite" by them. I know a lot of people don't like it.

Now that I've heard the new track and read that facebook interview with Mikael, I start to wonder if Construct will go in the direction that the song "Iridium" started to hint at (and a few others off We Are The Void). More reminiscent of Swallow The Sun, Agalloch, or simply something more atmospheric. Who knows, even Iridium is pretty unique, and it was stated that this album will be more melodic than previous.

More than anything, I'm really excited to hear how this hand held mic worked out. He sounded pretty excited about the vocals, more so than any other album or something along those lines.
17.04.2013 - 20:15
Opethian

Written by Guest on 15.04.2013 at 22:17

The song isn't all bad, It's simply "OK". highly forgettable tho. And I still can't get over that fucking Hollywood-billboard-like-shit kicking-god awful piece of junk they call an artwork.

Righteous!
18.04.2013 - 11:38
Dinruth

Written by Wes on 17.04.2013 at 13:11

Written by Dinruth on 16.04.2013 at 13:03

Hehehe, I'm not kidding! I've been listening to DT from the beginning mostly but still love it. My favorites are Projector, Character, and We Are The Void. I really like Mikael's vocals on We Are The Void, and the bonus tracks "Out of Gravity","The Bow and The Arrow", and "Zero Distance". I don't find it comparable to the other albums, but it's still my "favorite" by them. I know a lot of people don't like it.

then again I sure as hell should not be trashtalking like this, since "soundtrack to your escape" is one of my favourite In flames albums, and that one is considered to be garbage by most people
20.04.2013 - 13:59
muska

Seems like this song has attracted a love/hate attitude from fans and we all know fans can never ALL be satisfied I for one love the song, has some that deep atmospheric feeling to it and that's exactly what I look for in my music.
22.04.2013 - 16:35
s_t_s

Really don't understand some attitudes here... From Projector until We Are The Void, no DT album has disappointed me. They manage to keep their identity while moving slightly one way or another... I'm sure this album won't disappoint me, so I'm not worried
25.04.2013 - 05:35
reload3591

Very odd choice for a preview and also very odd for an opener. I might expect this as a closer or bonus track. Since they are calling it the most diverse album since Projector, I think we can also expect there will be tracks nothing like this one included also. Not a bad track, just confusing...It sounds more like a journey than a song. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Hits total: 5021 | This month: 1