Metal Storm logo
Nachtmystium - On Hiatus (Update)

UPDATE on 16.04.2013: Gun Shy Assassin is now reporting that Nachtmystium is indeed on a hiatus but only in terms of touring, according to a statement released by Blake Judd which confirms he is in fact writing new material for the band.

Judd clarified things: "Apparently, some metal news sites have reported today that Nachtmystium has either 'broken up' or is on 'indefinite hiatus'. Neither of these things are true. The band has gone through some personnel changes in the last few months and I've made the decision to cancel all of our summer tour / festival plans while the band regroups. Instead of touring, we will be writing and recording our next full length album in the coming months, to be released on Century Media world wide sometime in late 2013."

"Also, we have pulled our Facebook page off line to revise and update it (giving it a full over haul with new photos from the past and the present, scans of interviews from magazines throughout the bands 13 years of existence, etc.) I am also personally addressing the issues of orders that have been made to us in the last year where the item(s) purchased were not received, particularly the Live Onslaught cassettes ? which were to be manufactured via a company suggested to us by our manager at the time (who's name I will be kind enough not to mention, as much as I'd like to) who took our money to have the cassettes made, claims to have sent the tapes to press and then for the following six months offered us story and after bullshit story of where these tapes were."

"So - again, on behalf of Nachtmystium, my sincere apologies to anyone who's fallen victim of this shitty scenario and I 100% commit to take care of each and every one of you who may have fallen victim to this situation. For the last time and for the record, Nachtmystium has NOT disbanded and is only on a hiatus in regards to playing shows. Thanks."

Original news, published on 15.04.2013

According to No Clean Singing, black metallers Nachtmystium might be done and Silencing Machine could be their swansong. Blake Judd has stated that "Hate Meditation is my main focus currently as Nachtmystium is on somewhat of a hiatus for the time being".

Furthermore, Nachtmystium's Facebook page has been taken down, the band cancelled all their tour dates in what is officially being called a hiatus.

From a recent Facebook post regarding the European tour dates: "We are sorry to inform you that Nachtmystium have decided to cancel all their live activities in the foreseeable future. The band has parted ways with their long time lead guitarist, Andrew Markuszewski, and their recording engineer/synth player, Sanford Parker. The remaining three bandmembers of Nachtmystium as of today are going to bring the band to a state of hiatus."

Judd's new full-time band Hate Meditation will release its debut album Scars through Indie Recordings on May 24th.

[Thanks to !J.O.O.E.! for the tip!]

Source: nocleansinging.com
Band profile: Nachtmystium
Posted: 16.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 118 users
15.04.2013 - 22:21
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
Oooh shiiiiiiit bad news
15.04.2013 - 23:33
Czerny Reiter

Quite the bit of bad news, didn't see this coming. Hope the hiatus reflects a sincere will to revisit the project later on rather than being just an antechamber to disbandment.

:Edit: By the way, can anyone say if Hate Meditation's any good?
16.04.2013 - 00:59
Opethian

16.04.2013 - 01:02
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Hate Meditation is good.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
16.04.2013 - 01:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Czerny Reiter on 15.04.2013 at 23:33

By the way, can anyone say if Hate Meditation's any good?

The song link is right there lol, see for yourself if you like... having said that though, I'm sure it'll be a worthy project. Of course, I don't really see Blake putting out anything like Instinct: Decay or Assassins again, but the guy definitely still has a lot of musical talent left in him, which Silencing Machine proved last year. Also, from what the page for Hate Meditation on here says, Wrest is most likely going to be handling drums for their studio material as a session musician, so that's always a plus.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
16.04.2013 - 02:17
Czerny Reiter

Written by Auntie Sahar on 16.04.2013 at 01:04

The song link is right there lol, see for yourself if you like... having said that though, I'm sure it'll be a worthy project. Of course, I don't really see Blake putting out anything like Instinct: Decay or Assassins again, but the guy definitely still has a lot of musical talent left in him, which Silencing Machine proved last year. Also, from what the page for Hate Meditation on here says, Wrest is most likely going to be handling drums for their studio material as a session musician, so that's always a plus.

I know, sorry about that. I've got this thing about not being willing to shut down something I'm listening to at half-way point. Also, I wouldn't like to pass judgment just from the one clip. I'll hunt for a stream when it's available or at least a string of assorted clips.
16.04.2013 - 08:43
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Boxcar Willy on 16.04.2013 at 01:02

Hate Meditation is good.

Indeed.
16.04.2013 - 09:19
pazuzuovbabel
Pazuzu
Officially not , Judd said they are writing new album instead http://gunshyassassin.com/news/nachtmystium-not-over-says-blake-judd/
16.04.2013 - 16:04
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Hmmm, sounds like they saw the opportunity to make some noise on the media and took it.
17.04.2013 - 06:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
So long as their hiatus has no impact on the end to Minsk's hiatus, this hiatus doesn't bother me terribly at all.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!

Hits total: 3047 | This month: 5