Metal Storm logo
Best TV show theme song

16.04.2013 - 10:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Most TV shows have intro songs, ranging from "I'm gonna mainline Draino to make that noise go away" to "GIVE ME MAS OF THAT NOIZE TO THE FACE"

So, the question is: Of the shows that have been or are on television, which song do you like, or annoys you the least?

I like the Sons of Anarchy song cuz it's short and I like the Community theme cuz while I was going to community college, I wanted to wind up, tied up, dead in a year while I was there.

GIVE YOUR OPINIONZ
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
16.04.2013 - 11:15
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
So, first there's the Prince of Bel Air theme. That one's just classic. Then there's the Firefly theme song, which sounds like shit at first but grows on you--the lyrics are also deeply connected to the show.

Then there's Batman Beyond. For a young kid, this was some badass heavy shit.

----
18.04.2013 - 03:10
MetalSpider
I agree with Sons of Anarchy, Fresh Prince...definitely catchy.

I also like Game of Thrones, Big Bang Theory (sort of...it's memorable at least), The Simpsons, NCIS (there's something about it that just makes it catchy and fun).
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
18.04.2013 - 07:26
R'Vannith
ghedengi
elite
It's pretty short, like the episodes of the show, but I used to love this as a kid:

18.04.2013 - 14:35
Rhiannon
Account deleted
I wanna do bad things with you.

18.04.2013 - 15:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Red Dwarf, Quantum Leap, Star Trek TNG, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace, Brass Eye, Father Ted etc.

And that's before you start looking at kid's shows...
20.04.2013 - 07:31
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Cheers.

and i gotta say despite the multitude of channels available to us nowadays, the themesongs have plummeted since the 70's, 80s and 90s.

A-Team, Magnum P.I. (second theme) Dukes of Hazard, Welcome Back Kotter (so popular the theme song ended up hitting #1 on the radio in 1976) ... even mediocre shows like Perfect Strangers had better theme songs than most shows nowadays.

edit - Psych has a great themesong for current shows, catchy to sing along to, and their willingness to go all "Weeds/Little Boxes" and do it in different styles makes it far cooler.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
20.04.2013 - 22:00
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Superman animated series aaand Batman animated series both are great. I also + to the theme for Star Trek the Next generation, that one is epic.
----
Coldgrits
23.04.2013 - 15:44
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by BitterCOld on 20.04.2013 at 07:31

Cheers.

and i gotta say despite the multitude of channels available to us nowadays, the themesongs have plummeted since the 70's, 80s and 90s.

Although I occasionally watched Cheers, I was never really a fan of the show. It's theme tune though, was amazing, and it is one of my all time fave TV themes.

I also agree that TV theme songs have declined greatly in quality (at least generally), in recent years. Even some shows which I wasn't a fan of from the "golden age" of tv, had great theme tunes, like Dallas, Hill Street Blues, and Perry Mason.

Some of my fave TV themes are Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased), Red Dwarf, The Munsters, Thundercats, Inspector Gadget, Father Ted, Prisoner Cell Block H, Quantum Leap, Steptoe And Son, Auf Wiedershen Pet, Poirot, Midsomer Murders, Knight Rider, Taxi, Trap Door, Black Beauty, The A Team and The Littlest Hobo....
24.04.2013 - 14:52
Redn1ght
Captain Obvious
Supernatural's later seasons' final episodes have quite good theme song, that is Carry On Wayward Song by Kansas... It fits too well.
24.04.2013 - 15:21
Jtbmetal123
Either the Viva La Bam Theme song or Malcolm In The Middle theme. Either one is badass!
25.04.2013 - 06:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Jtbmetal123 on 24.04.2013 at 15:21

Malcolm In The Middle theme.

courtesy of They Might Be Giants.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
26.04.2013 - 19:17
Malphas
You're all forgetting THE theme song, lol

----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
05.05.2013 - 23:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
All of you have pretty solid suggestions, but you're forgetting a pair of LEGENDARY intro songs. Well...only LEGENDARY if you consider early 90s cartoons LEGENDARY.

First there's SWAT KATS

And then STREET SHARKS

Those being listened, the street sharks theme is one of the most preposterous theme songs I've ever heard.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.05.2013 - 03:43
Malphas
if you're already talking about street sharks, don't forget this

and btw the germans were making some epic theme songs back in the day lol, idk why but they did their own theme song for every cartoon and tv show. Now i don't know how many of you are familiar with this or even grew up watching all the cartoons and shows in german and i'm not really sure if this song was the original from the show or only the german opening, but it's epic

----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
08.05.2013 - 01:33
Angelic Storm
Melodious
This classic show (Monkey Magic) actually had two amazing theme songs! One for the intro, and another one for the credits:

One of my all time favourite tv shows and themes.
08.05.2013 - 02:40
Until the End
UK kids TV show from the late 80's/early 90's.

13.06.2013 - 20:34
Lit.
Account deleted
When I was a kid, this was the most badass thing ever.

...And I remain a fan of this one.
13.06.2013 - 21:03
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^ Wow, I'd forgotten the X-Men theme! I used to watch that all the time back in the early 90's, and that theme was amazing.

A couple more of my faves:

This one is very understated, but it's just classic, as is the show. :

I never really watched this, but I remember catching the end of it sometimes when I'd put the tv on, and I always thought that the ending theme was just fantastic. xD :

16.06.2013 - 00:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 13.06.2013 at 20:34

When I was a kid, this was the most badass thing ever.

Just yesterday I finished watching through this series again. Great stuff, even today. A shame Gambit had a different voice actor in the last couple of seasons (or last one anyway). Also a shame they changed the theme tune on the fifth season to a horrible weak sounding electric guitar version.
16.06.2013 - 00:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
As for kids programs, here's a few I recall and loved.

I could literally go on ad infinitum but I'll stop there.

(Actually Reboot's theme wasn't that great. Good show though).

Also, I realise now it's impossible for me to hear the Thomas the Tank Engine theme without thinking of this...

Also: does anyone get reminded of Rimmer's Munchkin song when listening to Albert the Fifth Musketeers? Probably just me.
16.06.2013 - 05:07
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Yep, you really could go on ad infinitum, especially were kids programmes are concerned! Here's some of my faves anyways. :

I could go on forever, but I'll end for now with these shows, which had theme music that falls right into the "so awful it's great" category! lol

23.06.2013 - 20:45
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Of the shows I'm watching now, it's probably True Blood. I love the song and the Dexter opening theme is cool too. I don't get tired of listening to it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
12.07.2013 - 19:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Somehow forgot this.

12.07.2013 - 20:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^ I didn't forget that one, I just thought I'd already added enough for now! The Sharky And George theme is one of those themes that on one hand I found highly annoying, but also irrepressibly catchy.
13.07.2013 - 01:09
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Guest on 16.06.2013 at 00:48

Twin Peaks' opening theme sets the mood. It really flows well with the images and everything. The peaceful, casual images of the sawmill, the sad waterfalls, and the dark tones underneath the river.

i mentioned Psych earlier, and it's willingness to adjust it's theme song from time to time according to the episode... they did an episode called "Dual Spires", which featured a LOT of the cast of Twin Peaks. The theme:

regular

Dual Spires

and bonus - someone created a vid with most the other variants, including Bollywood and Espanol. Seems like a lot of variants, but it's like 2 per season.

----

13.07.2013 - 11:39
Warman
Erotic Stains
"The Simpsons" is a classic, cartoon Batman hell of nostalgic. At the moment I find the theme for Le Revenants be quite amazing.

But these swedish intros of Disney classics are probably the best for several reasons: nostalgic and it's Tomas Vikström (of Candlemass and Therion) who sings, also my friends dad. Imagine growing up with these shows and songs, and then you meet a dude who becomes your best friend and he says "that's my dad singing".

----
13.07.2013 - 21:55
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Guest on 12.07.2013 at 19:29
The Sharky And George theme.

It might be just me but I swear the main voice sounds like Metatron and that makes it more awesome in so many levels.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
29.09.2013 - 22:41
I think the Sons Of Anarchy theme song is quite good. It really sets the mood.
----
I´ve always loved the night
... and darkness.
04.10.2013 - 14:35
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
The theme from Archer is pretty good. I usually don't like tv themes after the 1st few listens, so any that I listen to every episode without muting is good.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"