Metal Storm logo
Sirenia - New Album Details Unveiled

Last year, Sirenia announced that they were in the studio recording new material for the follow-up to The Enigma Of Life. Today we finally get to see what the band has been up to. The Norwegian symphonic gothic metallers have revealed the first details of their upcoming new album set for release via Nuclear Blast on June 28th, 2013. The band's sixth studio record was baptized Perils Of The Deep Blue. The tracklist as well as the cover artwork can be found below.

Regarding the new album, vocalist and guitarist Morten Veland comments: "The entire band and all the people we are working with are absolutely ecstatic about it! This album takes Sirenia to the next level and brings many new sides of us to the table. There's typical tried and tested Sirenia stuff but also approaches that you've never heard from us before. I think I've never felt so good about an album throughout my entire career. I mean, I love them all, but this one is something special. It's the result of two and a half years of blood, sweat and tears. I've literally put my heart and soul into this record, so I am very curious to see what our fans as well as the press will think about it!"

Perils Of The Deep Blue was produced by the mastermind himself, while the mixing and mastering was done by Endre Kirkesola in Dub Studios, Oslo. The album artwork was originally painted by Anne Stokes.

Morten explains: "I came across the artwork on the Internet and immediately fell in love with it for obvious reasons - it's no secret that I've always been fascinated by Greek mythology and sirens. So we got in touch with Anne and luckily she granted us the permits to use it for the record. I actually drew the inspiration for the album title Perils Of The Deep Blue from the artwork. In my opinion, it's the perfect Sirenia cover - there was no way we could have let that opportunity slip away!"

Perils Of The Deep Blue tracklist:

01. Ducere Me In Lucem
02. Seven Widows Weep
03. My Destiny Coming To Pass
04. Ditt Endelikt
05. Cold Caress
06. Darkling
07. Decadence
08. Stille Kom Døden
09. The Funeral March
10. Profound Scars
11. A Blizzard Is Storming
12. Chains [bonus track]
13. Blue Colleen [bonus track]

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sirenia
Posted: 18.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 123 users
18.04.2013 - 13:25
PocketMetal

I hope the vocals are not unbearable :S time for Morten to release something good for a change .
18.04.2013 - 13:42
Ismarmlp

The artwork is really great!!!
18.04.2013 - 14:17
Rhiannon
Account deleted
The artwork is not bad, but not that good either. The song titles are typical Sirenia, although two of them are in Norwegian, interesting. Let's hope there will really be new elements, as Morten's songwriting became quite repetitive in the last years.
18.04.2013 - 15:16
CyberSymphony
Ollie
The couple of songs in Norwegian are interesting, but I don't think we're getting anything new or original. Cover is very 'Pirates of the Caribbean' which is neither bad or good. Tristania's new release looks more interesting than this, IMO.
18.04.2013 - 16:47
BlackHalo83

Sirenia needs to shapen up
18.04.2013 - 19:55
Opethian

I am tired of this 'Tickle me Elmo' Gothic Metal band ... PASS!
18.04.2013 - 21:26
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by chrisʇrenounced on 18.04.2013 at 20:23

I have a good feeling about this one. Love the cover art. Seems to be an aweful lot of nautical-themed stuff going on in metal lately.

I think bands are running out of ideas fast.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.04.2013 - 02:02
WorpeX
Made of Metal
WOW this artwork is incredible and the tracklist sounds great too... can't wait to here the music!! I know I shouldn't be pumped for this album considering how bad the last one was... but I am. Lets go Morten! We need another good album from you!

Hits total: 4619 | This month: 7