Metal Storm logo
Black Sabbath - New Single Available For Streaming

Black Sabbath have finally given fans a chance to listen to a brand new song from 13, their upcoming new album. The band uploaded the new single "God Is Dead?", the first to surface, on YouTube and you can now stream it below. The track is made available digitally today. However, you will have to wait until June 11th in the U.S. and June 10th in Europe to grab the album.

You can preorder your copy of 13 from iTunes and get an instant download of "God Is Dead?". The single's artwork was created by Heather Cassils.

The first Black Sabbath album in 35 years to feature bassist Geeezer Butler, guitarist Tony Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne was produced by Rick Rubin with Rage Against The Machine drummer Brad Wilk recording the drum parts. More album details can be found over here.

13 tracklist:

01. End Of The Beginning
02. God Is Dead?
03. Loner
04. Zeitgeist
05. Age Of Reason
06. Live Forever
07. Damaged Soul
08. Dear Father

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Black Sabbath
Posted: 19.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 69   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 328 users
19.04.2013 - 13:38
HaaskAksaaH

Awesome! just this.
19.04.2013 - 13:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Awful, terrible song, but at least Jason Mendonca is on the front cover.
19.04.2013 - 14:01
popmik

Wow surprisingly good
19.04.2013 - 15:12
Diverge

It isn't a bad song at all, relative to their discography. Iommi makes the track worthwhile. Of course they are never going to return to their prime, and it would be rather foolish to expect that.
19.04.2013 - 15:25
Dylan

Pretty cool song

Nothing compared to the classics but it's very listenable.
19.04.2013 - 15:27
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Diverge on 19.04.2013 at 15:12

It isn't a bad song at all, relative to their discography. Iommi makes the track worthwhile. Of course they are never going to return to their prime, and it would be rather foolish to expect that.

Not to play "that card" but if this wasn't a Sabbath song I doubt anyone in the right mind would care about this. It's tired, overproduced and with a vocalist who can't sing, despite all the studio efforts to try and hide this fact. It would be lost in the haze of other lame heavy metal wannabes.
19.04.2013 - 15:55
Lit.
Account deleted
Is it me or is !J.O.O.E.! becoming the next Marcel?
19.04.2013 - 16:21
Daniell
_爱情_
If the whole album turns out to be similar in quality to this turd of a song, we will get the worst Black Sabbath album ever.
19.04.2013 - 16:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 19.04.2013 at 15:55

If calling a spade a spade constitutes becoming the next Marcel, then yep

If anyone thinks this song is good then I will instantly assume they are on crack.
19.04.2013 - 16:41
King Bonzo

It's pretty enjoyable when ozzy shuts up. Also vocals are way too dominant in the mix I think I'll give this a wide birth if this is representative of 13
19.04.2013 - 17:00
Demerzel

Written by Guest on 19.04.2013 at 15:27

Not to play "that card" but if this wasn't a Sabbath song I doubt anyone in the right mind would care about this. It's tired, overproduced and with a vocalist who can't sing, despite all the studio efforts to try and hide this fact. It would be lost in the haze of other lame heavy metal wannabes.

It's a bit foolish to think that fanboys wouldn't automatically exaggerate anything Black Sabbath released.
19.04.2013 - 17:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Demerzel on 19.04.2013 at 17:00

It's a bit foolish to think that fanboys wouldn't automatically exaggerate anything Black Sabbath released.

Indeed
19.04.2013 - 17:05
Zap

I don't see that card played too often, so good move.
19.04.2013 - 17:17
Scuzzy McDouche

Ok, it sucks...sorry Sabbath. I have major respect for you guys, but...this is...really fucking weak.
19.04.2013 - 17:20
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
That was pretty terrible.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.04.2013 - 17:45
Slyfang

I have never liked Black Sabbath. To me this sounds just as boring as nearly everything else they wrote.

However, I thought everyone else here liked this sort of stuff Surprised to see this reaction.
19.04.2013 - 18:05
moe5512

Well imo if Black Sabbath was a new band and played their "old" classics I don't think people would like them but now because of their influence in metal and hard rock everyone has to like them or else they are not tr00 metal fans
19.04.2013 - 18:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by moe5512 on 19.04.2013 at 18:05

Well imo if Black Sabbath was a new band and played their "old" classics I don't think people would like them but now because of their influence in metal and hard rock everyone has to like them or else they are not tr00 metal fans

Well it's hard to really argue for or against that case as you'd have to create a bit of a paradox (seeing as Black Sabbath are responsible for their sound) but I got into them relatively retrospectively after not really liking them for many years.
19.04.2013 - 19:47
Demonmayonnaise

Well I must be on crack because I enjoyed the song.
19.04.2013 - 19:59
squidrick420

Nothing special, but still worth listening to. I didn't really have super high hopes for the Sabbath return, and this is about what I was expecting. A throwback to the old style that is just Sabbath, nothing more and nothing less.
19.04.2013 - 21:21
Machiavelli
Account deleted
Is God really dead? Erm... it is amazing how those original Sabbath records had such a power over me but this new track is more dead than god.
19.04.2013 - 22:30
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by moe5512 on 19.04.2013 at 18:05

Thats not true at all. Sabbath was one of the first bands that got me into metal and I listened to them before I even knew metal was a genre. While I dont really listen to them anymore, the first half of Paranoid still holds up today and is a deserved classic. No can deny Iron man and War Pigs, even my friends that arent into metal can still appreciate those songs.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
19.04.2013 - 23:02
Methuselah

I like it personally. I hope the rest of the album is better, but this is still a good track. I think a lot of the reason for the hate on the track is that it's 30+ years of pent up anticipation for the new record. Not to mention Ozzy's drug relapse as was reported before this song. The song lyrically to me sounds of a depressed drug user trying to make amends.
19.04.2013 - 23:13
Diverge

Written by Diverge on 19.04.2013 at 15:12

I am not, by any means, defending the song. I don't think it's particularly amazing or interesting, to be honest. I just think that they managed to exceed (even if slightly) my low expectations of them, and produced a song that frankly isn't the worst thing I've ever heard. It's not as tired as I thought it would sound, and Iommi's guitar work does evoke a little bit of nostalgia. Realistically, that's about all the success they could possibly achieve at this point in their musical careers.
20.04.2013 - 00:27
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Guest on 19.04.2013 at 16:29

Written by Guest on 19.04.2013 at 15:55

If calling a spade a spade constitutes becoming the next Marcel, then yep

If anyone thinks this song is good then I will instantly assume they are on crack.

Pretty childish to assume that if anyone else doesn't agree with your opinion on a song then they must be on drugs. You need to grow up and accept that people can legitimately have different views from your own. Next Marcel is probably a fairly good call i.e. ridicules and complains about most things. There's my rant, I feel a bit better now.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
20.04.2013 - 00:33
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ace Frawley on 20.04.2013 at 00:27

Pretty childish to assume that if anyone else doesn't agree with your opinion on a song then they must be on drugs. You need to grow up and accept that people can legitimately have different views from your own. Next Marcel is probably a fairly good call i.e. ridicules and complains about most things. There's my rant, I feel a bit better now.

You should feel pretty silly if you genuinely think that I consider anyone who likes this song to be on drugs. If you do then I suggest you watch less television because clearly the walls between fiction and reality and crumbling around you

My opinion is that this song is absolute shite, and it's also my opinion that anyone who thinks this is a good song has poor judgement skills /are blinded by fanboyism. That is not the same as "accept(ing) that people can legitimately have different views from your own," I can perfectly understand and acknowledge that people have different opinions than me. It just so happens that it's my opinion that those opinions are terrible.

Glad we cleared that up!
20.04.2013 - 00:39
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Guest on 20.04.2013 at 00:33

Written by Ace Frawley on 20.04.2013 at 00:27

You should feel pretty silly if you genuinely think that I consider anyone who likes this song to be on drugs. If you do then I suggest you watch less television because clearly the walls between fiction and reality and crumbling around you

My opinion is that this song is absolute shite, and it's also my opinion that anyone who thinks this is a good song has poor judgement skills /are blinded by fanboyism. That is not the same as "accept(ing) that people can legitimately have different views from your own," I can perfectly understand and acknowledge that people have different opinions than me. It just so happens that it's my opinion that those opinions are terrible.

Glad we cleared that up!

Yep, thanks for that. Just confirmed to me how arrogant you seem to be about music and taste.
----
20.04.2013 - 00:53
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ace Frawley on 20.04.2013 at 00:39

Yep, thanks for that. Just confirmed to me how arrogant you seem to be about music and taste.

I just consider myself someone who knows exactly what I like and don't like.
20.04.2013 - 01:13
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Guest on 20.04.2013 at 00:53

I just consider myself someone who knows exactly what I like and don't like.

Fair enough and in a way, that can be a good thing. I suppose I'm the same in many respects. I think I better go and listen to that new Sabbath song now - I haven't even heard it yet.
----
20.04.2013 - 01:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ace Frawley on 20.04.2013 at 01:13

Fair enough and in a way, that can be a good thing. I suppose I'm the same in many respects. I think I better go and listen to that new Sabbath song now - I haven't even heard it yet.

You should. It's really something.

Hits total: 6334 | This month: 5