Metal Storm logo
Favorite Between the Buried and Me Album?

Poll

What Is Your Favorite BTBAM Release?

Colors
Alaska
The Great Misdirect
Between the Buried and Me
The Parallax II: Future Sequence
The Silent Circus
The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues
Other

Total votes: 14
20.04.2013 - 03:11
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
So BTBAM is a band I just started really getting into and they have a lot to offer the prog metal world. What is your favorite album by this band? I'm currently a big fan of The Great Misdirect at the moment, although I love Colors as well.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
10.09.2013 - 21:41
Ishwa

Definately going with Alaska. All of their albums are really amazing, but all in different ways. Alaska, in my opinion, was the perfect mix of what they were doing previously (technical death metal moreso) and what they have become (progressive metal). For a specific example the song "Selkies: An Endless Obsession" is perfect to demonstrate.
----
Ishwa
11.09.2013 - 01:02
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
ALASKA.

Greatest album, not just for the Metalcore/Mathcore standands. But for music in general, truly a masterpiece.
11.09.2013 - 12:44
Lit.
Account deleted
Curious as to why people prefer Alaska over Colors, since the latter is better by miles.
I'm also a fan of Hypersleep Dialogs.
22.09.2013 - 21:03
Uldreth

Their self-titled.

Most likely for sentimental reasons, it was pretty much my first exposure to any metalcore with progressive tendencies.
Not without faults and nowhere near as sophisticated as their later stuffs, but still, everything there from the album cover that is just great in its simplicity, to the weird lead riffs that just appear in unexpected places, the erratic shifts and the passionate delivery just screamed awesome to me.

Maybe their current stuff is more technical/creative or whatever but I kinda miss many of the emotions present on this album. It was just really damn angry with far mroe intense music and lyrics than pretty much any of their later materials.

And Arsonist has best lyrics ever.