The Parallax II: Future Sequence1
The Silent Circus0
The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues0
Other0

Total votes: 13

Dentura
Shadow King

20.04.2013 at 03:11
So BTBAM is a band I just started really getting into and they have a lot to offer the prog metal world. What is your favorite album by this band? I'm currently a big fan of The Great Misdirect at the moment, although I love Colors as well.
----
...And so death to the falsity of thy former rulers. Thy kingdom of "heaven" burns in a field of fire, and Dentura is the one true God thou must yield thy hearts and souls to in absolute submission. It is his ultimate decree and will unto thee..
Ishwa

10.09.2013 at 21:41
Definately going with Alaska. All of their albums are really amazing, but all in different ways. Alaska, in my opinion, was the perfect mix of what they were doing previously (technical death metal moreso) and what they have become (progressive metal). For a specific example the song "Selkies: An Endless Obsession" is perfect to demonstrate.
----
Ishwa
Lady GaGa

11.09.2013 at 01:02
ALASKA.

Greatest album, not just for the Metalcore/Mathcore standands. But for music in general, truly a masterpiece.
----
Lit.
Brütal Legend

11.09.2013 at 12:44
Curious as to why people prefer Alaska over Colors, since the latter is better by miles.
I'm also a fan of Hypersleep Dialogs.
----
REPUBLICAN CAR!
Uldreth

22.09.2013 at 21:03
Their self-titled.

Most likely for sentimental reasons, it was pretty much my first exposure to any metalcore with progressive tendencies.
Not without faults and nowhere near as sophisticated as their later stuffs, but still, everything there from the album cover that is just great in its simplicity, to the weird lead riffs that just appear in unexpected places, the erratic shifts and the passionate delivery just screamed awesome to me.

Maybe their current stuff is more technical/creative or whatever but I kinda miss many of the emotions present on this album. It was just really damn angry with far mroe intense music and lyrics than pretty much any of their later materials.

And Arsonist has best lyrics ever.
----
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.12.2011 at 07:06

And then of course there's Asking Alexandria... For the record, nobody ever asked Alexandria anything ever again.

-Troy on trancecore
Timmeh
Music Listoner

04.10.2013 at 05:09
What Alaska? No, that was just the beginning of their ascension to utter musical mastery - its like a black and white sketch where as the proceeding albums are detailed color masterpieces. I honestly consider these guys up with the some of the greatest musicians to have ever lived. I think Colors is their best, but TGM is also perfect - I'm still getting my head around Parallax 2; the depth of that album is just ridiculous.

Advertise on Metal Storm

Login or register to post here.