Metal Storm logo
Chthonic - New Song Streaming Online

Taiwanese metallers Chthonic have confirmed a June 3rd release date for their seventh studio album Bú-Tik via Spinefarm Records. Today the band has also released a brand new song, "Next Republic", for streaming and you can hear it right now on the player below.

Bú-Tik is based around the story of the 228 Massacre, the Bú-Tik Palace and the Mirror Of Retribution - highlights "righteous violence & justifiable defense"; once more, it takes the listener deep into the folklore and history of exotic Taiwan.

Says bassist Doris Yeh: "We are very proud to present Bú-Tik to the world; it talks about self-defense, righteous violence and the armed spirits! With this album, we have pushed ourselves to achieve new heights - heights we've never imagined before! We are leading metal fans to the next episode of Chthonic!"

Bú-Tik tracklist:

01. Arising Armament (intro)
02. Supreme Pain For The Tyrant
03. Sail Into The Sunset's Fire
04. Next Republic
05. Rage Of My Sword
06. Between Silence And Death
07. Resurrection Pyre
08. Set Fire To The Island
09. Defenders Of Bu-tik Palace
10. Undying Rearmament (Outro)

The album's first single, "Defenders Of Bú-Tik Palace", will be made available digitally shortly via Spinefarm Records, with a very special video to follow.

Doris talks about their upcoming video: "For this clip, the first in a series of four, we decided to put ourselves through one month of martial arts training, to prepare ourselves properly. Finally, a couple of days ago, we filmed the video over a 24 hour period, and we are all now covered in bruises and completely exhausted... it's not easy to go at it for such an extended period!"

Source: spinefarmrecords.com
Band profile: Chthonic
Posted: 22.04.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 91 users
22.04.2013 - 18:38
AnderWaves

Quite a normal song though , sounds like their last one , expect more.
22.04.2013 - 18:51
ImperialTroll
Account deleted
NO NO NO what the fuck happened to these guys?!!!! I guess the good old days of 9th Empyrean and Seediq Bale can be kissed goodbye. Not impressed at all
22.04.2013 - 19:39
Windrider
Raureif
I don't know them, just a few songs from their last album, which were really good... This is shit compared to them.
22.04.2013 - 21:34
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Very disappointing, way too plain sounding for me. Takao from the last album was way better than this and if the rest of the album sounds like this, not interested.
23.04.2013 - 02:27
X5452
Account deleted
I wouldn't say the song is bad but is certainly is plain, I'd preferred it if they put more energy in writing awesome songs than taking martial arts lessons for some over the top video. I couldn't care less about music videos anyway, they don't add a damn thing for me. You're making music, not movies.

Also the mix sounds pretty weak.
23.04.2013 - 03:55
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I like how the haters spammed the comments on the soundcloud link... they are right though my initial reaction is meh.
23.04.2013 - 11:56
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Is that the next Terminator on the cover?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
23.04.2013 - 17:35
Jiri

Come on guys, Doris = HOT!
24.04.2013 - 07:06
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
That song was pretty underimpressive, but I've got faith in the album. Despite the title of the album. And that song.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2909 | This month: 10