Metal Storm logo
Tristania - Release New Song For Streaming

Keeping true to their promise on Facebook, gothic metallers Tristania have released the full version of the song "Darkest White" on YouTube. The song will be included on the band's forthcoming album of the same name, which is scheduled to be released on May 31st, 2013 via Napalm Records. You can enjoy it below.

You can also hear a teaser for another new song, "Himmelfall", over here.

Darkest White tracklist:

01. Number
02. Darkest White
03. Himmelfall
04. Requiem
05. Diagnosis
06. Scarling
07. Night On Earth
08. Lavender
09. Cypher
10. Arteries

[Also thanks to aldurunarediviva for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Tristania
Posted: 22.04.2013 by Ethan1994

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 27   Visited by: 151 users
22.04.2013 - 19:23
annodomini
Wow! And thats a surprise! It somehow reminds me of Devin Townsend in some places. Nevertheless, amazing song.
----
the riddle wants to be...
22.04.2013 - 19:41
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Damn, this is just great! Amazing song, way to go Tristania!
22.04.2013 - 21:14
Erik M.
Holy shit, this sounds pretty damn bad. Well, actually it sounds very generic and unoriginal.

And it doesn't sound like Tristania at all... the wannabe growls sound horrible. And no female vocals? It seems my suspicions were right... this album is going to suck.

Yep, Tristania is truly something of the past, folks.
22.04.2013 - 21:20
Rasa
Loved it. Can't wait for the album. The riffs are fantastic. And I love their natural evolution album by album. I feel sorry for those who are stuck in Beyond the Veil times and can't accept the fact that bands evolve.
22.04.2013 - 21:26
CyberSymphony
Ollie
I was expecting this to sound alot worse and well, it wasn't too bad. I will give the album a listen when its released, but Im still not expecting it to be a masterpiece.
22.04.2013 - 21:37
Slyfang
Written by Erik M. on 22.04.2013 at 21:14

Holy shit, this sounds pretty damn bad. Well, actually it sounds very generic and unoriginal.

And it doesn't sound like Tristania at all... the wannabe growls sound horrible. And no female vocals? It seems my suspicions were right... this album is going to suck.

Go away
22.04.2013 - 21:43
Erik M.
Written by Slyfang on 22.04.2013 at 21:37

Go away

Why exactly? Can't I have my opinion, or is it just that you can't handle my opinion?

For the record, I like pretty much everything Tristania has released. It's not that I hate it when a band goes into a different direction, but I genuinely gave this song a chance and while I don't think it's terrible, it still sounds generic and very bland to me.
22.04.2013 - 21:55
annodomini
Just listened to all samples on amazon and just got even more curious. A raw sound, great riffs and vocal lines will makes this release very interesting.
----
the riddle wants to be...
22.04.2013 - 22:04
Ethan1994

I don't agree. I think it sounds amazing, and I'm really looking forward to the album. Go on Amazon, and you can listen to samples of the other tracks from the album.
22.04.2013 - 22:09
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Rasa on 22.04.2013 at 21:20

Loved it. Can't wait for the album. The riffs are fantastic. And I love their natural evolution album by album. I feel sorry for those who are stuck in Beyond the Veil times and can't accept the fact that bands evolve.

Yeah, there are bands whose sound evolve. In the case of Tristania, I think they should have at least changed their name since they don't sound anything like before. The main responsibles for their original sound are gone and it's essence with it.
That said, the samples I heard sound more promising than the last two albums. Still I hear this song and read the name Tristania on it and I feel fooled
22.04.2013 - 22:15
Slyfang
Written by Erik M. on 22.04.2013 at 21:43

Go away

Why exactly? Can't I have my opinion, or is it just that you can't handle my opinion?

For the record, I like pretty much everything Tristania has released. It's not that I hate it when a band goes into a different direction, but I genuinely gave this song a chance and while I don't think it's terrible, it still sounds generic and very bland to me.

Well, I'm kind of touchy here I guess Don't take it personally.. but for every single thing Tristania have done since Beyond the Veil, I've seen armies of whiners complaining about one thing or another. Always bothered me
22.04.2013 - 22:27
Rasa
Written by Unhealer on 22.04.2013 at 22:09

Yeah, there are bands whose sound evolve. In the case of Tristania, I think they should have at least changed their name since they don't sound anything like before. The main responsibles for their original sound are gone and it's essence with it.
That said, the samples I heard sound more promising than the last two albums. Still I hear this song and read the name Tristania on it and I feel fooled

Seriuosly? They need to change their name? Ok, I can understand when someone doesn't like the new direction that a band has taken, that's fine, but call it bad just because of that is ignorant. I am talking not about you per se, but about these whiners out there. I think people should just be quite if they have nothing reasonable to say..
22.04.2013 - 22:34
Erik M.
Written by Slyfang on 22.04.2013 at 22:15

Well, I'm kind of touchy here I guess Don't take it personally.. but for every single thing Tristania have done since Beyond the Veil, I've seen armies of whiners complaining about one thing or another. Always bothered me

Fair enough then. And that's true because most people think the first two albums are their best by a long shot (me included). Not saying it's true because of that, but they were more original at least and amongst the groundbreaking "beauty and the beast" albums (along with Lake of Sorrow and Velvet Darkness They Fear). I've actually made a list of these specific albums, although I still have to order them from best to "worst", but haven't done so because I have yet to listen to a few albums to judge them properly. Let me hear if there are any essentials missing (which I don't think is the case by the way).
22.04.2013 - 22:39
Slyfang
Written by Erik M. on 22.04.2013 at 22:34

Fair enough then. And that's true because most people think the first two albums are their best by a long shot (me included). Not saying it's true because of that, but they were more original at least and amongst the groundbreaking "beauty and the beast" albums (along with Lake of Sorrow and Velvet Darkness They Fear). I've actually made a list of these specific albums, although I still have to order them from best to "worst", but haven't done so because I have yet to listen to a few albums to judge them properly. Let me hear if there are any essentials missing (which I don't think is the case by the way).

Beyond the Veil was pretty much the best album ever made in that specific beauty and the beast genre I think. It deserves all the praise it gets.

However, Ashes deserves just as much praise. It's a grower so at first it might not seem so amazing, but not only does that album have a very unique feeling and approach to gothic metal, it's also the album where everyone worked together perfectly. The interplay and harmony between the members was at its peak on it. Real shame that lineup didn't last.
22.04.2013 - 22:42
Erik M.
Written by Rasa on 22.04.2013 at 22:27

Seriuosly? They need to change their name? Ok, I can understand when someone doesn't like the new direction that a band has taken, that's fine, but call it bad just because of that is ignorant. I am talking not about you per se, but about these whiners out there. I think people should just be quite if they have nothing reasonable to say..

I can accept the fact that bands evolve, but this band simply isn't Tristania anymore, with just two of its founding members in it. So I agree with Unhealer that they should've changed their name because of the exact reasons he stated. If someone would've let me hear that song, I would've never guessed it to be Tristania... and I know everything except for Rubicon very well.
22.04.2013 - 22:44
Rasa
Written by Slyfang on 22.04.2013 at 22:39

Written by Erik M. on 22.04.2013 at 22:34

Beyond the Veil was pretty much the best album ever made in that specific beauty and the beast genre I think. It deserves all the praise it gets.

However, Ashes deserves just as much praise. It's a grower so at first it might not seem so amazing, but not only does that album have a very unique feeling and approach to gothic metal, it's also the album where everyone worked together perfectly. The interplay and harmony between the members was at its peak on it. Real shame that lineup didn't last.

I agree about Ashes. Tenderness and brutality is combined flawlessly there. Just listen to Endogenisis or Bird..
22.04.2013 - 22:47
Rasa
Written by Erik M. on 22.04.2013 at 22:42

Written by Rasa on 22.04.2013 at 22:27

I can accept the fact that bands evolve, but this band simply isn't Tristania anymore, with just two of its founding members in it. So I agree with Unhealer that they should've changed their name because of the exact reasons he stated. If someone would've let me hear that song, I would've never guessed it to be Tristania... and I know everything except for Rubicon very well.

Well, I guess we won't reach a conclusion to this discussion so let it be as it is. I still love them even if they changed that much, it could be a different band who made Rubicon or Darkest White and I would like it anyway. So, to each is own then.
22.04.2013 - 23:00
Erik M.
Written by Slyfang on 22.04.2013 at 22:39

Hehe, well it's either Beyond the Veil or Widow's Weeds for most people. I happen to prefer WW to BtV, but quality-wise they're not very far apart. Ashes comes in thirdly for me, as I love the style of that album. After that World of Glass and lastly Illumination (still good, but definitely the weakest of those 5 for me).

Written by Rasa on 22.04.2013 at 22:44

I agree about Ashes. Tenderness and brutality is combined flawlessly there. Just listen to Endogenisis or Bird..

Yep, Ashes is a very underrated album. Not every song is equally great, but yeah, Endogeninis and Bird are among my favourites, but Cure is up there too.

Written by Rasa on 22.04.2013 at 22:47

Well, I guess we won't reach a conclusion to this discussion so let it be as it is. I still love them even if they changed that much, it could be a different band who made Rubicon or Darkest White and I would like it anyway. So, to each is own then.

Well, the point is that this band only has two members of the original line-up as well as Unhealer's reasons (the essential sound of the band is gone). And yes, I will give this album a chance, but I don't think I'll like it a lot.
23.04.2013 - 02:36
Opethian

Go away

I agree with you 100%. This is downright 'BLAH'. They should just change their name and let name TRISTANIA go down in history as one of the best Gothic Metal bands to come out of Norway
23.04.2013 - 04:40
Slyfang
Written by Opethian on 23.04.2013 at 02:36

Go away

I agree with you 100%. This is downright 'BLAH'. They should just change their name and let name TRISTANIA go down in history as one of the best Gothic Metal bands to come out of Norway

Go away
23.04.2013 - 06:25
Susan
Smeghead
elite
Awesome as usual!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
23.04.2013 - 12:06
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Susan on 23.04.2013 at 06:25

Awesome as usual!

I like your enthusiasm I also like the song.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.04.2013 - 14:41
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
What is sad about this song is that it reminds me of Green Carnation because of Kjetil Nordhus's voice. I miss them...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.04.2013 - 18:35
Opethian
Written by Slyfang on 23.04.2013 at 04:40

Written by Opethian on 23.04.2013 at 02:36

Go away

Go away

nah i think i'll stay
23.04.2013 - 20:37
Rhiannon
Account deleted
Not bad, but sounds like industrial metal, strange for Tristania.
29.04.2013 - 02:08
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
elite
I also agree with the 'whiners' in that Tristania may have well just changed name. A lot of bands have dramatically changed style in the past, but it's usually a transition. Therion didn't go straight from Death Metal to Symphonic Metal for example, which makes it an example of evolution. This song is not even related to anything Tristania I've heard so far.
29.04.2013 - 10:11
Ethan1994
Written by Dark Cornatus on 29.04.2013 at 02:08

I also agree with the 'whiners' in that Tristania may have well just changed name. A lot of bands have dramatically changed style in the past, but it's usually a transition. Therion didn't go straight from Death Metal to Symphonic Metal for example, which makes it an example of evolution. This song is not even related to anything Tristania I've heard so far.

Well, to be honest, I feel that Tristania's change is a good example of evolution. It's not like they jumped right from WW's sound right to Rubicon's sound. I feel that when you listen to the albums in order, then it feels like the same band. Each album feels like the sequel to the previous one. That's one reason why I don't feel they have to change their name because of the difference in style. In fact, most of the stylistic changes that wound up leading to Rubicon were initiated when most of the former members were in the band.

Beyond the Veil sounds like it could have been made by the same band that made Widow's Weeds.
World of Glass sounds like it could have been made by the same band that made Beyond the Veil.
Ashes sounds like it could have been made by the same band that made World of Glass.
Illumination sounds like it could have been made by the same band that made Ashes.
Rubicon sounds like it could have been made by the same band that made Illumination.

And I think this new song sounds like Protection, Vulture and Magical Fix. It also reminds me Sovereign by Faith & The Muse.

Hits total: 3707 | This month: 8