Metal Storm logo
Detonation

14.12.2006 - 22:37
Ibanez07
Account deleted
I've searched and I couldn't find a topic on this band, so here we go;

I discovered this band through Metalstorm and love it. It's to me a perfect mix of Melodic Death and Thrash. I just got the Portals to Uphobia CD and it's all I can listen to, I highly reccomend them to any fan of Dark Tranquillity, Children of Bodom, or Insomnium.

Anyone else have any thoughts on these Netherlanders?
14.12.2006 - 23:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 14.12.2006 at 22:37

I've searched and I couldn't find a topic on this band, so here we go;

I discovered this band through Metalstorm and love it. It's to me a perfect mix of Melodic Death and Thrash. I just got the Portals to Uphobia CD and it's all I can listen to, I highly reccomend them to any fan of Dark Tranquillity, Children of Bodom, or Insomnium.

Anyone else have any thoughts on these Netherlanders?

Yes, I do have enough thoughts on these guys from my own city And I am afraid that if I say anything negative about them Otto will beat me up
No, seriously though. I think they are great reminding me a lot of early The Gallery and Mind's I era Dark Tranquillity, but totally NOT Children of Bodom, those two bands have nothing in common and I think Detonation will be disappointed to find that their music somehow reminds people a bit of CoB.
Cover art to both Portals to Uphobia and An Epic Defiance was of coourse done by Niklas Sundin of Dark Tranquillity.
Now on to Insomnium, hahahaha, well, I know for a fact that when Satyricon played in our hometown with Insomnium a couple of Detonation guys weren't impressed by Insomnium at all.
A band such as Detonation makes me proud to be from their hometown and to know them.

Check out an interview from Otto with Metal Storm here:
http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/interview.php?interview_id=46
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.12.2006 - 23:34
Ibanez07
Account deleted
When I made the CoB reference, it was in my opinion of their speedy, heavy [yet melodic] riffs. No harm meant in any way.

As for the Niklas Sundin connection- the man is truly a Renaissance Man in every sense of the term. His work with Cabin Fever Media never fails to amaze me. I also heard that he translated the first couple In Flames albums into English, but I can't confirm that [Wikipedia....], is that true?
18.06.2007 - 20:06
Infurnace
I'm going to see these guys live, in a couple of days. From what I've heard, they are pretty good. I heard some songs from the first two albums and a few from the new album "Emission Phase". I pretty much liked it. I'm looking forward to the concert.
19.06.2007 - 07:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Infurnace on 18.06.2007 at 20:06

I'm going to see these guys live, in a couple of days. From what I've heard, they are pretty good. I heard some songs from the first two albums and a few from the new album "Emission Phase". I pretty much liked it. I'm looking forward to the concert.

When and where are you gonna see them? Although I know the guys well I still have to see them live some time. Emission Phase is their most mature work by far and also the album which possesses most of an own sound.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.06.2007 - 15:04
Infurnace
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.06.2007 at 07:50

Written by Infurnace on 18.06.2007 at 20:06

When and where are you gonna see them? Although I know the guys well I still have to see them live some time. Emission Phase is their most mature work by far and also the album which possesses most of an own sound.

I will be seeing them in Atak, Enschede (The Netherlands), on the 30th of June. You should come to, because the costs are only 9 euro. And then you will see three great bands! I hope it will be a great evening, and I'm really looking forward to it.
28.12.2007 - 12:20
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Detonation has posted video footage of the band performing the song "Into Sulphur I Descend" live at the Heavy X-Mass Fest at 013 in Tilburg, Netherlands on December 23. You can watch the clip on their MySpaceTV at this location.