Metal Storm logo
Do you believe in the supernatural?

15.12.2006 - 10:57
Dead Ohlin
Mo.Panahi
A qualified yes,Its obvious that there are inexplicable phenomenon and human
capabilitie that are beyond the grasp of science.
----
A man's dead body must always
have been a source of interest to
those whose companion he was while he lived ...
15.12.2006 - 17:02
Xeper
Account deleted
I'm more on the agnostic side; it's impossible (so far) to prove is there, or is there not anything beyond the material world.
16.12.2006 - 14:23
FOOCK Nam
Nice topic, Im not only believe in the supernatural but also Im very curious about it. God or supernatural and soul exist in my viewpoint. If you see the photos of ghost which are acknowledged true and not using photo editing tool, you will have same standpoint with me
16.12.2006 - 14:40
Warman
Erotic Stains
Sometimes I like to think so. But I can't answer this question really, I don't think that I believe in the supernatural but I wouldn't be surprised if it did exist. But if we knew that it did exist, would it still be supernatural?
----
17.12.2006 - 00:12
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Warman: That is a good question. The fact that we label it as "Supernatural" Imlies that we think of it as some great Phenomenon, But I feel were we to be exposed to it on a habitual basis, we wouldn't have the need to call it such. But because We have called it such for so long, I doubt that the actual name would change.

As far as My own Beliefs, Yes, I am a strong believer in The Supernatural as some of you may already know. I don't really think of it as the term "Supernatural," however, Because to me, it is entirely another part of nature, another world that exists that effects our everyday lives, and is Just as much a part of nature as a river is. So I think of it more as "The Spirit world." We have actually come out of touch with the Spirit world, Back in the olden days, we were very much in balance with the natural parts of ourselves, but as civilization grew, the farther we grew away from ourselves, a real shame. Now those of us who actually bother with our inner spirit are so few and far between....
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
17.12.2006 - 01:38
Xeper
Account deleted
I'm interested in hearing why do you believe so? I'm open minded and just curious, no offense intented.
17.12.2006 - 05:48
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Guest on 17.12.2006 at 01:38

I'm interested in hearing why do you believe so? I'm open minded and just curious, no offense intented.

Well, I will begin by saying that according to my beliefs, the spirit world is everywhere, we simply must open our third eye to it. We have gradually Lost touch with that world because as civilization advanced, we became more concerned with physical needs, and neglected that of the spiritual. We Built great cities and moved away from the closeness of what we once were, and so we moved away from it. That's why in the wiccan religion the Horned god looks back at us from the forest, to remind us of who we really are. But that is only a single symbolism of many from many spiritual beliefs. The Spirit world however, has not forgotten about us. It is all around us, and effects us in ways that we can't explain through scientific analysis, Thus it earns the title "Supernatural." Most Mystics can explain these Phenominons as the most basic of magickal Functions, Not all the time, sometimes things are really complicated, and some things make you cock an Eyebrow, But the point is we already aknowledged it as something completely natural before someone who couldn't explain it gave it the Label "Supernatural." So I hope I helped you out.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

17.12.2006 - 10:47
Valentin B
Iconoclast
while the supernatural can't be proved yet, there are TONS of misteryous events that happened during the whole history of humanity that can't be explained at all using cutting-edge technology. i do believe there is something above us, but no-one can say for certain what.
think about this quote from a 1893 technology fair in england: all that could have been invented has been invented(i think it's the right year, anyway it was before the airplane was made)
it applies to the current age, doesn't it? basically if you were to go back to the middle ages and show them even something as banal as a plastic bag, they'd think you're the devil and stuff. as for the question, i say: let the future tell.
17.12.2006 - 16:58
Xeper
Account deleted
@Adrian Totalis: No, that wasn't exactly what I was going for... The point was; in what do you base these beliefs? I hope I don't seem too skeptical or offensive about your personal beliefs.
17.12.2006 - 19:41
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
@Xeper: No, It's cool Dude. What I base My personal Beliefs on are Odinism, Wicca (Which is what I'm mainly applying to this Convo) and eastern Philosophies, as well as personal Experiences. Societies Around the world have had the belief at some time or another that the Spirit world is around all us. Is that better I hope?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

18.12.2006 - 16:25
Hyvaarin
I believe in "the unknown" (ie. stuff we can't explain yet), not "the supernatural".
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
19.12.2006 - 17:31
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I don't think that supernatural forces exist.
No one can say that today's science is totally mature and today's humans know everything, so it may be difficult to explain certain phenomena scientifically.For example, ancient people found thunders so strange that they thought some supernatural forces controlled it, and they imagined 'thunder gods' like Thor and Indra; but today we know that thunder is produced as a result of collision of two oppositely charged clouds.
Hence, the science of tomorrow may succeed in finding explanations to phenomena which we find strange or 'supernatural' today.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
21.12.2006 - 07:50
Hyvaarin
Precisely.
----
22.12.2006 - 05:26
danzig111
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.12.2006 at 17:02

I'm more on the agnostic side; it's impossible (so far) to prove is there, or is there not anything beyond the material world.

My thoughts exactly!

could not have said it better

Hail Agnosticism by the way!

23.12.2006 - 21:41
Xeper
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 18.12.2006 at 16:25

I believe in "the unknown" (ie. stuff we can't explain yet), not "the supernatural".

That doesn't really rule out anything in my opinion, the would-be things beyond material substance are defined "supernatural" just because they can't be explained (yet, like someone mentioned).
24.12.2006 - 08:23
Hyvaarin
Written by Guest on 23.12.2006 at 21:41

Written by Hyvaarin on 18.12.2006 at 16:25

That doesn't really rule out anything in my opinion, the would-be things beyond material substance are defined "supernatural" just because they can't be explained (yet, like someone mentioned).

Yeah, but it's a much smarter approach to have than labelling everything we don't know as "supernatural". It's amazingly arrogant to assume that everything we don't know can never be understood.
----
29.12.2006 - 20:12
Icewings
La Luna
Nice Thread. Well I really don't know the reason of the why and precisely my family , but they have been involved in a lot of supernatural things therefore since I was little I was expose to all of this . I do believe because a lot of things have happen in my family to a lot of people and I have experience this myself . Also working with the paranormal was also a thing that taught me incredible things . I understand that most people are skeptical about it because we have science now , but what about the things that science simply can't explain Do you really believe is some type of hallucination or disease what people see ?? Do you really believe that thousands of people around the world who know nothing about each other are going to give the same testomony of something that happen to them just because a simple hallucination and the same one ?Personally there has to be something beyond is selfish to think that we are the only ones in this plane or that everything can be explain because to me It can't and well maybe we don't understang this because the mind is very limited ..
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
07.01.2007 - 08:38
El Vikingo
Saying something is "supernatural" is just a fine excuse to not look into the way it would work or to hide some bullshit psuedo-scientific theory. There may be some phenomena that we do not yet know exists, but when we find it it can be tested. I really can't fathom how anything could truly be supernatural. Supernormal...maybe, but saying something is supernatural is pretty much like saying that it doesn't exist to my ears.

Also, I tend to see a lot of these people who are into the "supernatural" constantly devaluing real science. Those mother fuckers need to be called on their bologna at every possible chance.
----
"The worst kind of death is getting eaten by someone you love."
08.01.2007 - 12:14
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm...i definitely think there's something out there that we haven't understood at all...i can't say what it is but i can say there has been several strange things that have not explanation till today...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
08.01.2007 - 17:53
Dark Stalker
I believe in science . Supernatural things are simply above modern science can explain or even know . There are many cases in medicine where we understand nothing .
----
In luck we trust!
18.01.2007 - 10:20
Larsson!
Account deleted
I believe that there has to be something "supernatural" out there. Something that we can't explain yet, or never will be able to explain.
26.02.2007 - 03:15
Danny Thomas
well i didn't know there was a thread for this or i wouldn;t have saved my comments for it, but i'll jsut repost what i was saying in the other thread. iv'e even some some weird shit when i was younger. for instance in 7th grade, i saw a shadowy figure twice as dark as the room itself and it floated toward me slowy with it's arms spralled out, i was able to turn on a nite llight(i kept by my bed so i could find the bathroom) and it disapeared but that had me freaked for a while. since then, i have lsot my fear of supernatural things, but i still encounter them from time to time. at times i'll feel a presense, sometimes positive sometimes not. last year i was walking around a graveyard at about 2 am, and i felt almost a calming presence, very relaxing. i tored summoning the devil himself the other nigth for shits and giggles and it didn;t work though, oh well. i don't really believe in onecentral figure of evil anyways, more liek there are amny good spirits and many evil. sorry to wander off, but yes, i very much belive in the supernatural. iv'e got more stories if anyones interested or just wants to talk about it.
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
26.02.2007 - 20:00
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
No, I don't.. I'm a rational man and I need someone to prove me that supernatural things exist, without this, no way for me to believe.
26.02.2007 - 20:53
darksun
Hearing some fairy tales can be interesting but i guess it all should stay as tales
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
26.02.2007 - 23:09
ilicit
Fallitur Visio
Well, like is used to say - I don't believe in witches, but they do exist ^^

Seriously, I dont have an opinion formed about that subject probably cuz I saw too many fake "supernatural" stuff. People say they saw this, they feel that.. but I find that in the end to be a lie.
----
<JustinSane> shall we play the /quit game?
<skoo> /quit
* JustinSane has quit IRC (Signed off)
<skoo> owned
* JustinSane has joined the #
<JustinSane> i cannot believe i just did that
27.02.2007 - 08:38
Skald
Account deleted
Written by Paganblood on 19.12.2006 at 17:31

but today we know that thunder is produced as a result of collision of two oppositely charged clouds.
It always cracks me up when someone says something like that
This theory was proposed by Aristotle in the third century BC and is no longer accepted, but everyone still seem to believe that xD
Today we still don't know what exactly causes the lightning and it still undergoes an intensive research. I think we so far figured out solar energetic particles have something to do with it.

Anyway, my opinion on supernatural isn't anything new in here. I don't really like the term "supernatural", since it's simply a reference to phenomena that science cannot explain yet. I suppose the spiritual sphere might exist, yeah. I experienced things I couldn't explain in any other way.

About psychokinesis and all that human mind stuff, I have no doubt those are true. Though uncontrolled, it happened around me, once even with many witnesses :p
02.03.2007 - 08:42
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by Guest on 27.02.2007 at 08:38

Written by Paganblood on 19.12.2006 at 17:31

but today we know that thunder is produced as a result of collision of two oppositely charged clouds.
It always cracks me up when someone says something like that
This theory was proposed by Aristotle in the third century BC and is no longer accepted, but everyone still seem to believe that xD

why don't you see the link below?
http://weathereye.kgan.com/cadet/lightning/electricity.html
This is what has been taught in the school level.... actually I hadn't even heard that this theory was already rejected. Do you have any links regarding that?
----
02.03.2007 - 09:19
Skald
Account deleted
The link is right. But it doesn't say anything about clouds with opposite charges colliding
Think about it, if that was true lightning would only jump between clouds, never towards the ground.
All clouds are charged negatively on the bottom and positively on the top (it isn't known how come they become charged, but it's often assumed that it's because of the plasma sprites that appear high above the clouds during thunderstorms)

And do you mean if I have any link regarding rejection of this theory? That's kind of like asking whether I have a link regarding rejection of theory that Earth is flat xD
http://www.lightningsafety.com/nlsi_info/thunder2.html
The entire thing looks wicked

Even today if someone would look at this, he could assume all those flashy above-clouds aspects of thunderstorm have a "supernatural" source.
02.03.2007 - 10:25
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
@Skald: That's a new information.There are many things which we humans haven't discovered yet.So, I wouldn't make a hasty conclusion regarding it.
----
02.03.2007 - 10:52
Skald
Account deleted
Hasty conclusion? What on Earth are you talking about?