Metal Storm logo
What do [did] you want [get] for christmas? [updated]

Original post

Posted by tulkas, 15.12.2006 - 20:06
It's basically the same thing. Did you actually get what you wanted for christmas, or just discuss what you got.
Me, I got 2 t-shirts, a movie, some cash, and a sweater. It's ok, they're all really good.
25.12.2011 - 20:53
Warman
Erotic Stains
A lot of necessary and boring stuff no one except me myself cares about. But my sister gave me the new book "Blod Eld Död - En svensk metalhistoria" (Blood Fire Death - A History of Swedish Metal) which is like the best thing that have happened to literature and culture for years, being really hyped here in Sweden but a little overshadowed by the Zlatan Ibrahimovic biography.
I can't stop reading it! Written by real fans with a lot of warmth and love to the music. Mostly covering the black and death metal scene during the '90's and '00's. Interviews with a lot of band members, who really open up.
I also love the pictures in it, especially the ones with the Dissection members as kids and the pictures of Niklas Kvarforth of Shining, from a little boy standing as a model for H&M:s kids clothes to a psychotic vocalist on stage covered in blood (the photos of Dead from Mayhem are in the same style).
Overall, a book I will come back to over and over again!
----
25.12.2011 - 20:59
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.01.2010 at 20:15

Let's get one thing straight Jesus was NOT born on December 25th but somewhere at the end of October, early November.

And why should I get presents for that terrorist's, and imposter's, so-called birthday? So, what I did was stuff my face with great food and great booze.

Probably even summer. Bethlehem has temperatures near zero C in winter plus rainfall. Unless it was an exceptionally warm and dry December, the shepherds couldn't have been herding their flock outdoors. First time they celebrated Christmas on December 25th was in Rome in 336 because it already was a holiday season due to the "light rebirth" festival of the Romans which also coincided more or less with the Germanic Jul holiday. Since it was all about rebirth, light and love, they added Christ's birthday to the day program as well.

Or like the queen's birthday which is usually in the end of May or the beginning of June in order to have high probability of good weather.

Generally speaking, the exact date isn't important anyway. The idea is to be nice and show the love towards others not just during that period but always.

I got a scarf from me bro and sis. Love it : )
25.12.2011 - 21:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Warman on 25.12.2011 at 20:53
Niklas Kvarforth of Shining, from a little boy standing as a model for H&M:s kids clothes to a psychotic vocalist on stage covered in blood

Woa, that is awesome.
I also know about the movie Så Jävla Metal, have you seen it?
____

I got two boxbriefs, a perfume and Today Is The Day - Pain Is A Warning and 1500 SEK, yey!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.12.2011 - 21:08
ß
Problem?
I got an Iphone 4s and some chocolate. All I wanted, and I'm quite pleased that I got what I asked for.
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
26.12.2011 - 01:42
whatsacow

I got a GPS (because I have no sense of direction. I seriously get lost in my own house sometimes...), a 2 tb harddrive, and my gf is getting me a macbook
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
26.12.2011 - 20:22
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 25.12.2011 at 21:06

Woa, that is awesome.
I also know about the movie Så Jävla Metal, have you seen it?

The book is great! You should pick it up, if you get the chance.
I was actually almost on the verge of buying "Så jävla metal" yesterday on a Statoil station, but decided to wait for it. It seems interesting and is like 3 hours long. My only concern is that I don't really know which bands, period and/or genre they're mostly covering in the film. You know, I'm not that interested if Joey Tempest, Yngwie Malmsteen and other "svennebanan-artister" are being interviewed every fifth second in the documentary.
----
26.12.2011 - 21:45
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Warman on 26.12.2011 at 20:22
You know, I'm not that interested if Joey Tempest, Yngwie Malmsteen and other "svennebanan-artister" are being interviewed every fifth second in the documentary.

Oh, I didn't knew about the content, if it's just that kind of artists I couldn't give a rat ass tbh.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.12.2011 - 21:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 26.12.2011 at 21:45

Written by Warman on 26.12.2011 at 20:22
You know, I'm not that interested if Joey Tempest, Yngwie Malmsteen and other "svennebanan-artister" are being interviewed every fifth second in the documentary.

Oh, I didn't knew about the content, if it's just that kind of artists I couldn't give a rat ass tbh.

Yeah, that's my point. But if it's a vast mix of swedish artists from different genres and not just the mainstream it could be really interesting. I'll look it up.
----
26.12.2011 - 21:54
Mattybu

My dad got me the KISS Kompendium (so awesome!!) and I got a 3DS.
29.12.2011 - 04:43
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by whatsacow on 26.12.2011 at 01:42

I got a GPS (because I have no sense of direction. I seriously get lost in my own house sometimes...), a 2 tb harddrive, and my gf is getting me a macbook

I sure do hope you won't get lost in instructions, too...

anyway, giving presents to each other is of course a nice gesture but doesn't mean anything compared to a family being healthy and together. so, I think that on this Christmas, just like before, I've gotten all I really wanted.
29.12.2011 - 11:41
whatsacow

Written by Ragana on 29.12.2011 at 04:43

anyway, giving presents to each other is of course a nice gesture but doesn't mean anything compared to a family being healthy and together. so, I think that on this Christmas, just like before, I've gotten all I really wanted.

I probably will

And that's sweet
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
29.12.2011 - 22:34
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 29.12.2011 at 04:43

Good point. Receiving loads of presents is the least important aspect of Christmas. The main point is being together with your loved ones in perfect peace and happiness and just enjoying the time together.

A simple scarf or a second-hand cd of some good band given to me by a woman I love would mean a lot more to me than a macbook. I mean... macbooks cost a lot. Damn, I'd feel weird because it'd mean I'd have to have a pretty rich girlfriend.

In fact love is the present people should make, everything else is just secondary.
30.12.2011 - 04:31
Ragana
Rawrcat
Oh, I'd be fine if me and my family didn't spend Christmas together (although now that I think of it that sounds kinda wrong), it's just that I like to know that all people I care for are all right. as for the Christmas presents... meh, I think Latvians of all people should slow down on spending lots of money during Christmas. we have birthdays and name days to celebrate, and I know that I personally get enough big and expensive presents throughout the year... so what's the point of giving big presents to each other on Christmas? I do like small, thoughtful gifts, especially if they're useful, but on Christmas it seems like all you get is more or less... useless. (although I guess I'm terrible at giving hints, too) or too useful. that doesn't sound right.

btw, is "pretty rich girlfriend" good or bad?
30.12.2011 - 17:01
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 30.12.2011 at 04:31

btw, is "pretty rich girlfriend" good or bad?

I wouldn't care bout her money. If she had lots of money, I would prefer not to use it for my own good. Otherwise I'd feel like a gigolo. Her money's hers and my money's mine.
30.12.2011 - 19:49
Ragana
Rawrcat
Oh, that's not really what I asked, it's just that many guys seem to have a problem with their girlfriends earning more than they do...
30.12.2011 - 22:44
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Ragana on 30.12.2011 at 19:49

Oh, that's not really what I asked, it's just that many guys seem to have a problem with their girlfriends earning more than they do...

I wouldn't have a problem with that. I just wouldn't expect her to pamper me too much.
31.12.2011 - 03:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I got a Hugh Heffner bath robe from Zooey Deschanel.

Although something tells me she didn't send it personally. Maybe it was the spelling of her name (Zoey) and the writing looking very similar to my mother's...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.12.2011 - 03:47
JCJen7

Written by Troy Killjoy on 31.12.2011 at 03:01

I got a Hugh Heffner bath robe from Zooey Deschanel.

Although something tells me she didn't send it personally. Maybe it was the spelling of her name (Zoey) and the writing looking very similar to my mother's...

I got a very Heffner-esque bath robe from my mom as well....
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
31.12.2011 - 03:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by JCJen7 on 31.12.2011 at 03:47
I got a very Heffner-esque bath robe from my mom as well....

Obviously that's the new thing to do if you're a mom.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
31.12.2011 - 05:05
Mattybu

Bath robes are Stylin'. Homies.

I don't get clothes very often at Christmas but I got some comfy ass pants. Like Pajamas, just silky smooth, it's almost like they're not there.
14.01.2012 - 03:02
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.12.2011 at 20:06

I just got some new clothes.

band shirts?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.01.2012 - 03:04
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Little late but whatever.

I got, Skyrim (:D), A new white Ipod touch, and some band shirts.

I was happy
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.01.2012 - 03:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Boxcar Willy on 14.01.2012 at 03:02
band shirts?

Nah, just some nice sweaters and pants.
----
14.01.2012 - 03:33
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.01.2012 at 03:17

Written by Boxcar Willy on 14.01.2012 at 03:02
band shirts?

Nah, just some nice sweaters and pants.

Well I thought after I posted that it would be impossible to find a band shirt for 90% of your bands.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS