Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - New Lyric Video Released

The Finns Children Of Bodom have premiered a lyric video for the first single off their new album Halo Of Blood. You can listen to "Transference", already released digitally, right now on the video located below. The band has also filmed a video for the single which will be released later.

You can pre-order the album (including bonus track and digital booklet) now and get an immediate download of the single Transference on iTunes. The album is officially released on June 7th in Europe and June 11th in North America via Nuclear Blast. More album details can be found here.

Halo Of Blood tracklist:

01. Waste Of Skin
02. Halo Of Blood
03. Scream For Silence
04. Transference
05. Bodom Blue Moon (The Second Coming)
06. Your Days Are Numbered
07. Dead Man's Hand On You
08. Damage Beyond Repair
09. All Twisted
10. One Bottle And A Knee Deep

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 03.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 281 users
03.05.2013 - 19:17
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Amazing song! Bodom is back!!
03.05.2013 - 19:25
Icedburden

Nice song and I REALLY love the cover art.
----
Born Out Of Hate, Descending Upon The Earth
03.05.2013 - 19:49
Zap
...Aaand it's poop.
03.05.2013 - 21:47
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
What a terrible lyric video they came up with.
03.05.2013 - 22:37
Sangre Sani

I like the song.
03.05.2013 - 22:56
sbgmetal

Fuck lyric videos already
03.05.2013 - 23:33
Reign

Not bad, hopefully the other songs are alot better. The sound seems promising though.
04.05.2013 - 00:12
Rulatore

What a boring song.
04.05.2013 - 00:42
hadriel

Complete garbage. Boring just like anything else these guys have done in over 10 years and even if you can look past that I don't know how anyone could actually appreciate this once they hear the lyrics.
04.05.2013 - 01:51
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by hadriel on 04.05.2013 at 00:42

Complete garbage. Boring just like anything else these guys have done in over 10 years and even if you can look past that I don't know how anyone could actually appreciate this once they hear the lyrics.

I don't know if it's just me, but somehow I feel repulsed by people who are so quick to judge a band's entire discography and hard work. I'm not talking about Bodom here, just thinking generally. I mean, even if the music is not to your liking, it's quite judgmental to put other's sweat, sacrifices and tears into a box and label it so negatively.
04.05.2013 - 02:00
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Unfortunately old COB was way better .. i hope the whole album don't be disappointing!
04.05.2013 - 03:19
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Its decent. It sounds similar to there old stuff just a lil bit worse. If this single came out right after HCDR it would probly be concerning, but considering this is following a series of truly terrible albums it sounds almost promising. I'm actually somewhat anticipating this album.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
04.05.2013 - 03:59
evilexistence_

Lovin this new tune, sounds like older bodom not super old but like HCDR and the screams at one point kinda sound like hatebreeder at one point. all and all im pretty stoked for this new record to drop.
04.05.2013 - 05:45
hadriel

Written by Carl Berg on 04.05.2013 at 01:51

I don't know if it's just me, but somehow I feel repulsed by people who are so quick to judge a band's entire discography and hard work. I'm not talking about Bodom here, just thinking generally. I mean, even if the music is not to your liking, it's quite judgmental to put other's sweat, sacrifices and tears into a box and label it so negatively.

Not whole discography, just 10 years. As music listeners I'm not really sure why it is a bad thing to be able to express opinions about music. I'm not saying everyone (or anyone, for that matter) has to agree with me. A lot of people put hard work into many things, I don't think that deems them to be immune from criticism.
04.05.2013 - 06:13
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Carl Berg on 04.05.2013 at 01:51

it's quite judgmental to put other's sweat, sacrifices and tears into a box and label it so negatively.

Okay, what do you think about Metallica's Lulu? didn't they put sweat, tears and sacrifices into that stinking garbage?

You know, the amount of hard work and time bands put it has always been exceptional but the whole process crashes down once you don't live up to the expectations. Ofcourse, Cob is bashed because they not able to match the level of their early records and that's where I think fans of any bands will be disappointed. Here, i think song is okay, but it still sucks. A great reflection of rehash of RRF.
04.05.2013 - 07:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Why Alexi would ever want to publish his lyrics anywhere is beyond me. This band is just going through the motions now. And those motions aren't good.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.05.2013 - 08:04
Wes

Yeah.. this is just terrible. Still interested in the album though.
04.05.2013 - 08:58
wrathchild

Written by Doc G. on 04.05.2013 at 07:30

Why Alexi would ever want to publish his lyrics anywhere is beyond me. This band is just going through the motions now. And those motions aren't good.

Yeah though the song is somewhat reminiscent of their early albums, I'd prefer if he kept the lyrics secret like he did at the time. Cause it makes me laugh.
Still, not a bad song to me but not a great one either.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
04.05.2013 - 15:07
Dark Blood
The Avenger
The video is a complete crap. The lyrics... well it's CoB, lyrics are not their strongest point. But the song sure sounds really nice, like their mid era of HCD which is good considering their last 2 or 3 albums.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
04.05.2013 - 16:05
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 04.05.2013 at 07:30

Im not sure it was totally up to Alexi. Correct me if Im wrong, but aren'tlyric videos usually put out by the label to create hype for an upcoming release. I would say this is more of Nuclear Blast's doing. And yeah, the lyrics suck. I think that's the reason COB only publishes a handful of them in each album booklet.
04.05.2013 - 16:20
Angelic Storm
Melodious
As far as the lyrics go, well they're not great no, but then, COB's lyrics have always been quite silly. And for sure, Alexi has came up with much worse lyrics in the past than these ones. Musically, it's decent, although it's certainly not up to the standard of their finest works. Considering that it's usually the weakest songs on albums that are released as a pre-release single, then hopefully there will be better songs on the album itself. It's certainly not amongst the worst songs they've ever done, but they've also made much better songs too. Still quite looking forward to hearing the whole album.
05.05.2013 - 20:47
crucifiedjesus

A lyric video for CoB really?!?!? their lyrics are epically bad. other than that its the same tired shit they have been doing for the last 4 or whatever albums i havent given 2 shits about. only positive note i have is that the song titles are somewhat less ridiculous
06.05.2013 - 17:12
Mario Montes

Good song. The song Halo of blood sounds amazing, waste of skin seems promising... Probably this album will be better than AYDY, BD and RRF.

Hits total: 4045 | This month: 10