Metal Storm logo
Cynic - New Album To Be Released In The Fall

Back in December of 2012, progressive metal band Cynic announced that they were in the studio, working on their new LP. Early working titles for tracks include: "Endlessly Bountiful", "Moon Heart Sun Head", and "True Hallucination Speak". Now Paul Masvidal confirmed that the new album is coming in the fall of 2013.

After months of silence, front man Paul Masvidal posted a statement on Facebook: "Ola Strandberg and his expert team at Strandberg Guitarworks have built my dream guitar and I am filled with gratitude. This instrument is a timeless piece of art crafted with so much love and attention to detail, it's truly unlike anything out there. This is not a guitar - it's a reinvention of the instrument as we know it. And now it can be yours. Take the leap. You will be enthralled and inspired to greater musical heights. Hear its magic on the new album from Cynic, coming Fall 2013."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cynic
Posted: 04.05.2013 by Red_Travis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 187 users
04.05.2013 - 13:53
Fredd
Account deleted
Niiiice.
04.05.2013 - 14:43
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Masvidal's guitars looks more weirder every year. Anyway, let's hope they get back some balls into Cynic's music this time.
----
04.05.2013 - 16:47
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by qlacs on 04.05.2013 at 14:43

Masvidal's guitars looks more weirder every year. Anyway, let's hope they get back some balls into Cynic's music this time.

Maybe doing the Death For All Tour brought the riff spirits back to him, but I guess I'm up for anything as long as it's good.
04.05.2013 - 17:59
Rupert

I'm down with either direction they go, but I have a feeling it's going to be more of the softer stuff.
04.05.2013 - 18:38
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Most likely will continue in the more melodic, proggy direction, if Carbon Based Anatomy was to be taken as an indication of their future sound. Cynic at this point are kinda like Opeth to me: I wish they'd incorporate some of the heavier stuff into their sound, but I can be just as happy if they don't.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
04.05.2013 - 21:24
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Intrigued.
04.05.2013 - 23:08
John Shock

KILLLLER!
05.05.2013 - 01:05
CWA

I'm always excited to hear what new sounds Paul can conjure up. Those of you hoping for a Focus part II are setting themselves up for disappointment. I watched an interview where they clearly stated a second Focus is not going to happen.
05.05.2013 - 10:31
Kub

I love both old Cynic stuff and Aeon Spoke, so whichever direction they take I'm fine. Bring it on!
05.05.2013 - 11:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Yes, I think it is safe to say that Focus 2 is never going to happen because this is Cynic. I remain optimistic about the new album despite their latest EP which I had mixed feelings about.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.05.2013 - 11:55
Kuroboshi

I think that their later releases top their debut, so I'm happy. Keep 'em comin'!
05.05.2013 - 17:06
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I fully expect a snoozefest.
05.05.2013 - 22:33
Diverge

Man, their newest stuff is very divisive in the Metal Storm community. I really enjoyed Traced in Air (not as much as Focus, but it was still pretty good), but Carbon Based Anatomy was a step outside of what I'm used to listening to. I'm intrigued nonetheless.
16.05.2013 - 20:33
INÆRIS

Paul's work is becoming so much more mature with each release. I can't wait to see where he takes Cynic next. No matter how heavy it is, you can always count on music that is meaningful and emotive.
----
Still Life, Still Death
28.05.2013 - 08:45
Grey Wind

Can't wait! and that guitar looks so weird and awesome!
----
wimps and posers leave the hall lol
10.11.2013 - 22:50
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Auntie Sahar on 04.05.2013 at 18:38

Most likely will continue in the more melodic, proggy direction, if Carbon Based Anatomy was to be taken as an indication of their future sound. Cynic at this point are kinda like Opeth to me: I wish they'd incorporate some of the heavier stuff into their sound, but I can be just as happy if they don't.

Well considering the album cover is rather reminiscent of Heritage.....

Hits total: 4653 | This month: 3