Metal Storm logo
The Sins Of Thy Beloved

19.05.2006 - 22:55
Soliloquy

the last tsotb went well, so here it is again.

with just two albums, the band blew people away. well, technically with just one album, coz majority of people like their 'lake of sorrow' album over their second album. with depressing violin solos, and a creepy yet angelic voice. the band did a pretty good job...and then they died?

there was a rumor about how they are starting up again, and there was a picture without a face, so god knows what they are up to. but yeah, discuss the band here
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
19.05.2006 - 23:13
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
One of my favourite bands... I dont like more Lake Of Sorrow coz I love their 2 albums both...
In the previous topic, in the old forum, someone mentioned that they took part in a festival some months ago, so that's a clue they are still no dead... Also they have a new female vocalist now, so they are active.. Possibly..
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
20.05.2006 - 04:18
Daru Jericho

Lake Of Sorrow is an awesome album. Very emotional vocals and beautiful violins and keyboards. This band is probably my favourite gothic metal band and sadly they don't have a website so what's happening to them is relatively unknown, though they played some Halloween festival last year. Though I too heard that they were going to regroup and release a new album.

Anyhow, this seems to be the most informative site on the band's current activities:
http://www.tsotb.tk/
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

20.05.2006 - 05:40
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Excellent band, awesome violins and vocals specially, although they're sometimes very depressive, their music make me feel special sometimes, specially when they play violin, my favorite song is Until The Dark and then My love, I just love the violin solo
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
20.05.2006 - 15:50
Soliloquy

they may get depressing..but if you read their lyrics, they are a few tears short of being depressive. i personally believe they have the worst lyrics ever. amazing music though
----

-Zakk Wylde
22.05.2006 - 06:33
Linak
I Own You Bitch
I actually prefer Perpetual Desolation over Lake of Sorrow but that's just me, and I really liked that cover they did from Metallica, I like it a lot better than the original bwahaha
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
22.05.2006 - 07:03
Soliloquy

Written by Linak on 22.05.2006 at 06:33

I actually prefer Perpetual Desolation over Lake of Sorrow but that's just me, and I really liked that cover they did from Metallica, I like it a lot better than the original bwahaha

yeah, the violin solo was the thing tha tmade the song MUCH better for me. humm...but i still say they can improve their original songs lyrics wise!
----

-Zakk Wylde
23.05.2006 - 04:02
Paradise_Lost
Account deleted
I have both their albums. Hope they get together again. Never heard a band quite like them. The first time I heard 'All Alone' I was so blown away I had it on repeat!
26.05.2006 - 07:06
Surtur

Awesome, thats what I have to say about Lake of tears, the violins & the vocals are amazing, the sadness in the ambient is amazing when you hear it, the music in this disk contains the pure essence of the band being the songs Lake of sorrow & Silent Pain my favourite ones; I think that Perpetual Desolation is great too but not as the first one...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
07.08.2006 - 00:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Soliloquy on 20.05.2006 at 15:50

they may get depressing..but if you read their lyrics, they are a few tears short of being depressive. i personally believe they have the worst lyrics ever. amazing music though

Dont agrie thay haw good lyrics I lile 2 ''Tje Kiss'' and ''My Love''
You shood acept that love is evil and think those lyrics are anto love, and acept love is pain, tyhen maybe you understant lyrics, but if you say about lyrics for secend album agrie, its cheep, and cheep and worts how other bands, only good think there are Metallica cover, sounds wierd, and I like only firts album of the, probobly demo if I can hear it.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.07.2007 - 08:51
gothvampire
Account deleted
i like "all alone" Ü
06.07.2007 - 11:04
OneWithMisery

Worthy of you does it for me... amazing...
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
07.07.2007 - 02:01
Bitch Boy

A very underrated band in my opinion. They are one of the best band in the gothic/doom if not THE best. All of them are really good musicians, I love their atmosphere, the keyboard passages, the violin solos, the 3 vocals, etc. The lyrics are also great. It's a shame that the band has been dead for so long.
07.07.2007 - 10:55
duyhung
Account deleted
Now I'm still waiting for their return. There was the news that Anita had joined the band again, we all knew that already. Hope that someday they will release the 3rd album
11.08.2007 - 04:32
Oracle
Orcinus
I got their lake of sorrow album last year and i was very impressed. i wasnt expecting them to sound great!! i think the girls voice is really nice and i also love the growls.
30.09.2007 - 23:04
Øyvind
Grave Digger
They are a bit depressing, but the lyrics, beautiful vocal, the violin that takes your breath away... They are a great band
----
03.10.2007 - 08:56
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Ahh, I just received in the mail the "Live" CD by TSOTB!! The recording is not as high quality as I some live recordings, but this is about as close as I can get for now to seeing them live. The live videos circulating on Youtube are particularly good as well... "The Mournful Euphony" is the best song for the band live out of the videos I've seen. And from the interview posted on the TSOTB.tk website, it seems this is Anita's favorite song too It's nice to see I have good taste

I never got as much into Lake of Sorrow, though I do like it alot. Perpetual Desolation is a near masterpiece to me, though. If they could write songs as good as that again (with slightly more intelligent lyrics), I would quite possibly shed a tear
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley