Metal Storm logo
Mastodon - New Album Update

Good news for Mastodon fans. The band has officially confirmed that they are already brewing a new album which will follow The Hunter released back in September of 2011.

Mastodon released the following update: "For those of you who are interested, yes we have been VERY busy writing and putting songs together for the next studio Mastodon album, we are down at our space hammering out riffs that can be friends and working our fingers to the bone to put out another great album. Thank you to all our loyal fans!"

The band will also be playing some European festivals this summer and touring in North America on the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival with Rob Zombie, Five Finger Death Punch and Amon Amarth.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Mastodon
Posted: 07.05.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 229 users
07.05.2013 - 12:50
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Some good news.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
07.05.2013 - 14:48
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Nice. Looking forward to it.
----
07.05.2013 - 16:00
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Hope it's better than The Hunter. That's right, I said it.
----
rekt
07.05.2013 - 16:06
Zap
Mastodoooon!

Written by tea[m]ster on 07.05.2013 at 16:00

Well, I can understand why you'd say that, even though I myself thought it was a fantastic release.
07.05.2013 - 17:06
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
I hope they throw some of the progressive elements back into the music somehow. The Hunter was way too straight forward for my tastes.
07.05.2013 - 17:13
Death_95
I hope it's similar to their 2009 masterpiece Crack The SKye.
07.05.2013 - 17:59
Paz
Elite
Written by Death_95 on 07.05.2013 at 17:13

Weird I thought "Leviathan" for many ("Remission" imho) is considered as their greatest achievement (MS ratings may speak different)... This new stuff will be average at best, but I bite my tongue if would be different.
07.05.2013 - 18:13
Death_95
Written by Paz on 07.05.2013 at 17:59

Written by Death_95 on 07.05.2013 at 17:13

Weird I thought "Leviathan" for many ("Remission" imho) is considered as their greatest achievement (MS ratings may speak different)... This new stuff will be average at best, but I bite my tongue if would be different.

You may be right, but Crack The Skye was the album that got me into metal. It has a very special place in my heart, I owe everything to this album! I admire all 5 albums they made, but for me Crack The Skye is their masterpiece.
07.05.2013 - 20:16
LICH
I heard theyre using radioheadish and etheral ideas for songs, i honestly cant wait, i love bands who explore make risks and experiment, it shows theyre not afraid to do what they set out to ddo; make music and enjoy the fruits of their labour
07.05.2013 - 22:11
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by BaneConall on 07.05.2013 at 17:06

I hope they throw some of the progressive elements back into the music somehow. The Hunter was way too straight forward for my tastes.

Same for me as well. But they described their latest work as "eerie and spooky sounding" somewhere, and that doesn't sound right with mastodon. Lets wait and see what happens.
08.05.2013 - 01:32
infernaldeath87
I personally think "Blood Mountain" and "Crack The Skye" was their best work. Hopefully they follow in that vein, as I didn't enjoy "The Hunter" very much.
08.05.2013 - 03:13
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I liked The Hunter just fine, but perhaps it seemed to suffer from being more sporadic as opposed to the coherent concept of the preceding albums.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.05.2013 - 11:29
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
I think they've been dropping the progressive and intrincate elements in their song structures. Just compare Remission with The Hunter. The first is mostly progressive, sludgy post-harcore stuff, but in The Hunter the songs are more easy listening but also less interesting. I liked Crack the Skye though. It was atmospheric and a good cut into Pink Floydish dimension, but they need to get back to a more raw sound like in Remission and Leviathan.
10.05.2013 - 01:21
Death_95
Written by BitterCOld on 08.05.2013 at 03:13

I liked The Hunter just fine, but perhaps it seemed to suffer from being more sporadic as opposed to the coherent concept of the preceding albums.

I loved The Hunter, I personally think it's the best rock album of the past 10 years.
13.05.2013 - 00:40
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by tea[m]ster on 07.05.2013 at 16:00

I wouldn't say I hope it's better, just different. The progressive elements were good on Crack The Skye, taken to a very mature and multi-layered dimension. On The Hunter those elements were still there, but a little more accessible, which kinda dumbed down the album a bit for me. I'm really hoping they return to something of the Blood Mountain sound, that in my opinion was the transition period from their harsher, sludge-ier early albums and the more proggy territory that they're in now, so it was almost like a perfect fusion of each.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
27.07.2013 - 02:53
Velvet Thorns
It's not coming out this year, it is?
----
restless oblivion forever
27.07.2013 - 02:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Velvet Thorns on 27.07.2013 at 02:53

It's not coming out this year, it is?

article didnt say it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.07.2013 - 12:54
Velvet Thorns
Written by Bad English on 27.07.2013 at 02:57

article didnt say it

yeah, that's why i asked...
----
restless oblivion forever

Hits total: 4036 | This month: 8