Metal Storm logo
Some Sadly Overlooked Gems

This is a list of some albums that I feel aren't as appreciated as they should be.

Created by: Tristus Scriptor | 19.03.2012

1. Ozzy Osbourne - The Ultimate Sin
I mean...c'mon. This is dark, solid, and the songs stick in your head like glue. Pure quality.
2. Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
Seems like this one gets the least praise of all their catalogue. I never uderstood why...
3. Cryptopsy - And Then You'll Beg
Ok, so DiSalvo ain't Worm, but his voice is monolithic, and this is as tight as the gears of the train within the cover.
4. Yngwie Malmsteen - Fire And Ice
Man, I can't even begin to show my confusion as to why this isn't bowed to. Just put on the title track. Go ahead. Try and deny the virtuosity.
5. Sentenced - Frozen
To me, this was their best. Like the Iced Earth album above, it's the least praised. Am I just weird?
6. Brutality - When The Sky Turns Black
What. The. Hell...!? This was in league with the bigshots, now virtually unheard of. Sad.
7. Evereve - Seasons
This is the perfect soudtrack for a dark, sentimental night of pondering. It seems to be lost in oblivion.
8. Agathodaimon - Blacken The Angel
Gothic-tinged black metal that is better than some of the better-known acts. Heard of this?
9. Iron Maiden - No Prayer For The Dying
Some say it's their worst. I say it's right there with the classics...if not better.
10. Cannibal Corpse - Gallery Of Suicide
I'm partial to the Barnes era, but...man...this one is lethal. Also underrated.
11. Ancient - Mad Grandiose Bloodfiends
Sure, it's much cheesier than their back catalogue. I, however, find this to be the best of 'em all. Besides...I think the cheese is a good topping. (It's vampyric black metal. What do you expect?)
12. For My Pain - Fallen
HIM-wish. For those random bouts of romantic sentiment. I never hear anyone even mention this.
13. Immolation - Here In After
It's always "Dawn of Possession" this, and "Dawn of Possession" that. What about THIS monster?!?!?
14. Nocturnal Rites - The 8th Sin
Pretty much...well, THEY are underrated. This one is my favorite by these Power Metal kings.
15. Mayhem - Wolf's Lair Abyss
If they would've continued in this vein, it could've been ridiculously awesome. This EP seems to get minor attention compared to their last few full-lengths, which weren't as viciously consistent.

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Tristus Scriptor ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 3   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 93 users
08.05.2013 - 23:22
TrollandDie

Cool list! But why do you think ''Burnt Offerings'' is their most overlooked? It gets a huge amount of praise, both in terms of music in general and in respect to their discography. I would go as far as to say it's their most praised tbh.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
09.05.2013 - 00:51
Tristus Scriptor
Rancid Reviewer
Written by TrollandDie on 08.05.2013 at 23:22

Cool list! But why do you think ''Burnt Offerings'' is their most overlooked? It gets a huge amount of praise, both in terms of music in general and in respect to their discography. I would go as far as to say it's their most praised tbh.

Well...it's because of all the metal circles I've run in, plus Mr. Schaffer's own feelings, state that it's a lesser release. All the metalheads I associate with seem to favor everything but that one (well, except for the s/t). I don't know why. Perhaps it a geographical difference? (Also - thanks for reading!)
12.06.2015 - 08:12
Dr. Strawberry

Well, a good list.
To me,
01, 09, 10, 11 & 13 are really overlooked.
02, 05 & 14 are still bad by far.
I hope more albums could be added on this list.

Hits total: 2978 | This month: 6