Metal Storm logo
Obituary - Ex-Guitarist Arrested For Meth Lab

Recently, there seems to be a lot of breaking the law in the metal-related news. According to Tri-County Sun Times, former Obituary, Six Feet Under and Massacre guitarist Allen West was arrested at the end of March in Lake Panasoffkee, Florida for methamphetamine production and possession.

After the musician called 911 to report that two males broke into his house, "[responding] deputies met with the property owner Allen West in a wooded area next to the residence," the web site reports. "Allen West stated that two male subjects forcibly entered his house by kicking in the front door at which time he fled out the rear and hid in the woods.

"West requested the deputies search his residence for possible subjects. During the search deputies noticed a strong acidic odor emitting from the master bedroom. Deputies then discovered in the master bedroom and bathroom plastic soda bottles with tubing protruding from them. The bottles also had a wet white pasty substance in the bottles and on the bathroom and bedroom counters. These items are commonly used in the manufacturing of methamphetamine."

West's residence was subsequently searched by the Special Investigations Squad, which found "ammonium nitrate, sodium hydroxide (a.k.a. 'Drano'), a corrosive acid, lithium strips and other items commonly used to produce methamphetamine." The lab was dismantled and West was subsequently held on a $40,000 bond.

West, aged 45, is currently incarcerated at the Sumter County Jail in Bushnell, Florida. He has had problems with alcohol abuse over the years and on May 16th, 2007 he was arrested and imprisoned after his fifth DUI offense.

Chris Barnes of Six Feet Under tweeted about the incident: "A sad day for an ex SFU guitarist. Get well bro..."

Source: lambgoat.com
Band profile: Obituary
Posted: 09.05.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 195 users
09.05.2013 - 20:42
Lit.
Account deleted
This has been quite a week...
09.05.2013 - 22:01
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Well he's the dumbass for calling the police to his meth lab.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
09.05.2013 - 22:41
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Guest on 09.05.2013 at 20:42

This has been quite a week...

it's just getting publicity now, but the arrest was more than a month ago.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
09.05.2013 - 23:13
Daniell
_爱情_
He's up for Retard of the Year for bringing the cops to his meth lab. What a cretin.
10.05.2013 - 00:18
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Barking Bad.
----
10.05.2013 - 00:28
Uldreth

Did everyone go mad after Jeff died?!

First Frankie Palmeri posting a bunch of utterly retarded bullshit on twitter then getting zapped by a microphone in soviet Russia, then Tim getting arrested because he tried to kill his wife and now this...

Srsly...
10.05.2013 - 01:09
Lord_Regnier

Written by Boxcar Willy on 09.05.2013 at 22:01

That's what I thought while reading the article.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
10.05.2013 - 04:24
infernaldeath87

What's next?
10.05.2013 - 04:50
Susan
Smeghead
Written by Boxcar Willy on 09.05.2013 at 22:01

Right? Wtf..
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
10.05.2013 - 06:11
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
COOKIN' THAT METH. Dirty bastard.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
10.05.2013 - 07:06
Nefarious
Doom Knight
He better call Saul.
----
"FUCK!!! You're the fucking 5th person asking me in an interview about the woman in the bathtub?The problem is that I AM the fucking person in the bathtub, and I AM a fucking MAN, for fuck's sake! I hate you all!" ~ Herr Morbid
10.05.2013 - 09:55
mz

Written by Daniell on 09.05.2013 at 23:13

He's up for Retard of the Year for bringing the cops to his meth lab. What a cretin.

You put the words out of my mount, exactly.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
10.05.2013 - 11:50
animal71

Alan West certainly has gone off the rails here. Or the full story has not come out, which is typical of the flammin media.

A fuckin free for all downfall, for a top fuckin musician, I love that band Obituary, and have seen them a number of times when they toured.

It absolutely saddens me, when one of the ex-members has truly gone off the rails
10.05.2013 - 12:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
It's pretty strange that more money is made in meth than metal.

What a suicidal trap.
10.05.2013 - 15:59
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
So let me get this straight. He told the cops to search his house even though he was running a meth lab out of it? What a donkey...
----
rekt
10.05.2013 - 16:06
theFIST

Damned government throwing people in cells for producing something that others value enough for buying it, what a shitty system
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
10.05.2013 - 23:39
Buivolas

Intoxicated
13.05.2013 - 07:31
lightndw

This is so sad. No wonder metal gets so much bad rap.
13.05.2013 - 12:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.05.2013 at 12:31

What a suicidal trap.

Nothing strange about this whatsoever. What an absurd thing to say.
13.05.2013 - 12:44
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guest on 13.05.2013 at 12:35

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.05.2013 at 12:31

What a suicidal trap.

Nothing strange about this whatsoever.

It's strange for those guys who don't take it.
13.05.2013 - 12:46
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.05.2013 at 12:44

It's strange for those guys who don't take it.

Not really. Most people understand the potential of the addictive nature of drugs. Failing that people put two and two together and think about why people would risk their livelihood to sell drugs when it could land them in prison. I don't think people do it for the pension and company car somehow.

Hits total: 4650 | This month: 4